Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:25:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying mtgox USD for Paypal  (Read 1752 times)
Mahkul (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
April 04, 2011, 09:43:12 PM

If you have any for sale let me know.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mndrix
Michael Hendricks
VIP

Activity: 447
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 04, 2011, 09:54:29 PM

I'd be glad to sell you some.  email me at coinpal@ndrix.com and we can work out the details.
Keefe

Activity: 681
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 02:33:05 AM

Mndrix runs a very good and trustworthy operation, but if you want to avoid the high fees and low limits necessitated by the risk of PayPal fraud, consider these other options that I accept:

• Bank transfer via PopMoney: usually free and almost immediate, offered by many major US banks: https://www.popmoney.com/popapp/faces/popmoney/common/about.jsp?name=partners
  • Bank transfer via ACH: usually free, but few banks offer it except for sending to your own accounts
  • Cash deposit in person to any branch of the seller's bank: free except your time to get to the bank, usually clears the same or next day
  • Online transfer between accounts at the same bank: usually free and instant
  • Dwolla: $0.25 per transfer, takes a few days to setup
  • Green Dot MoneyPak: can be bought with cash at many retailers, costs about $5, seller can accept and verify immediately
  • Others I haven't thought of

If you're interested in buying from me, the quickest way to reach me is in IRC (freenode.net, #bitcoin-otc). But I also check the forum a couple times a day.

morpheus

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 01:57:29 PM

I also sell Mt Gox USD for paypal: http://bitcoinmorpheus.tumblr.com/How_to_buy_mt_gox_usd_with_paypal
nster

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 04:39:11 PM

Mndrix runs a very good and trustworthy operation, but if you want to avoid the high fees and low limits necessitated by the risk of PayPal fraud, consider these other options that I accept:

• Bank transfer via PopMoney: usually free and almost immediate, offered by many major US banks: https://www.popmoney.com/popapp/faces/popmoney/common/about.jsp?name=partners
  • Bank transfer via ACH: usually free, but few banks offer it except for sending to your own accounts
  • Cash deposit in person to any branch of the seller's bank: free except your time to get to the bank, usually clears the same or next day
  • Green Dot MoneyPak: can be bought with cash at many retailers, costs about $5, seller can accept and verify immediately

If you're interested in buying from me, the quickest way to reach me is in IRC (freenode.net, #bitcoin-otc). But I also check the forum a couple times a day.

no, I believe Mndrix is selling his mtgox USD to receive PP? or did I not understand correctly?

If I am correct, there shouldn't be any fees

167q1CHgVjzLCwQwQvJ3tRMUCrjfqvSznd Donations are welcome Smiley Please be kind if I helped
Mahkul (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 04:45:25 PM

no, I believe Mndrix is selling his mtgox USD to receive PP? or did I not understand correctly?

If I am correct, there shouldn't be any fees

You perceive it correctly and the transaction has taken place already. All good.
mndrix
Michael Hendricks
VIP

Activity: 447
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 04:46:34 PM

My offer above was specific to Mahkul because I've done business with him many times before and he's always been honest and friendly.  I believe Keefe and bitcoinmorpheus's offers apply to anyone on this forum.  I highly recommend both of them.
Zamicol

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 11:07:30 PM

Let me see if I understand this, you just gave Mndrix money through PP so you could receive USD credit to your account on Mt Gox?  How does that work?

I will be giving Mndrix an email. Mt Gox's 7% PP fee is outrageous Sad.  I would have moved some funds over earlier but I was looking for a cheaper/faster/digital way to do it. 
nster

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 11:13:54 PM

Let me see if I understand this, you just gave Mndrix money through PP so you could receive USD credit to your account on Mt Gox?  How does that work?

I will be giving Mndrix an email. Mt Gox's 7% PP fee is outrageous Sad.  I would have moved some funds over earlier but I was looking for a cheaper/faster/digital way to do it. 

Yes, and I do not get what you do not understand lol

167q1CHgVjzLCwQwQvJ3tRMUCrjfqvSznd Donations are welcome Smiley Please be kind if I helped
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 11:23:06 PM

That's morpheus, not mtgox.  And considering the risk of dealing with unknowns who could charge back or dispute their PayPal, 7% is understandable.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: