Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:24:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Artefacts on monitor  (Read 88 times)
Takyeon (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2022, 08:13:37 AM

My 3060ti Gigabyte GPU start displaying Artefacts this morning and I noticed the back plate is so hot, the fan is working I don't know what went wrong.
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
April 11, 2022, 08:21:21 AM

My 3060ti Gigabyte GPU start displaying Artefacts this morning and I noticed the back plate is so hot, the fan is working I don't know what went wrong.

Check the temperature? Are they ok?
FirmWars

Activity: 231
Merit: 79

View Profile
April 11, 2022, 08:22:15 AM

Let the GPU cool off first and test it again, this time increase the fan speed using msi afterburner if you are on Windows OS, if the artefact is still present then the GPU is faulty due to high temp, when running a GPU its always good to monitor fan speed and GPU temperature.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
Cartoon95

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2022, 11:51:48 AM

Hello guys.
my vga rx550 artefacts. does anyone have the bios file?
safar1980
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1624

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
April 11, 2022, 12:17:04 PM

Test your video card memory with these utilities
OC Scanner X
EVGA OC Scanner X
Video memory stress test

reduce memory overclock

Hello guys.
Why do you need bios? Atefacts have a different reason. You can search for your bios in the techpowerup collection.

BitKongy

Activity: 405
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 11, 2022, 01:03:48 PM

Hello guys.
What does BIOS have to do with artefacts? Moreover you are talking about a rx550 which is a low end AMD GPU, I see no need to flash BIOS on this graogi card, check the temp of the GPU instead.
Pendrak

Activity: 208
Merit: 46

View Profile
April 11, 2022, 02:43:05 PM

Artifacts? if no heat problem is a memory module that need reballing. You can test it with Tserver.
S3300

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2022, 02:50:50 PM

Artifacts? if no heat problem is a memory module that need reballing. You can test it with Tserver.
It's better to keep your GPU temp in a good position and avoid hot temp because this reballing thing isn't that easy, I've killed a GPU trying to reball with a 1200watt heater after watching several videos on Youtube thinking that I knew what I was doing.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
Pendrak

Activity: 208
Merit: 46

View Profile
April 11, 2022, 02:59:43 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2022, 05:36:47 PM by Pendrak

It's better to keep your GPU temp in a good position and avoid hot temp because this reballing thing isn't that easy, I've killed a GPU trying to reball with a 1200watt heater after watching several videos on Youtube thinking that I knew what I was doing.

1200watt heater??? you cant reball without the tools, i spend $400 for all the tools needed... I already fix 12 cards. ( i hate MSI armor cards...)

Reball MEMORY modules is easy compare with GPU reball...

https://youtu.be/m3oM3huKl8c?t=198

By the way, Tserver is a way to do a fast diagnostic on a videocard that show no video or have artifacts. It run from a pendrive, on linux and the diagnostic is fast, cant kill you know what is wrong with a video card before send it to a technician.

Mats is the aplication for Nvidia cards (Tserver for AMD):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUWoz9vvHgM
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
April 12, 2022, 02:44:17 AM

Generally when it starts to artifact like that it means it’s damaged. Sometimes it can be due to heat. Usually if the memory chips are very hot it might artifact in certain games. However if it’s always on your display then it’s probably permanently damaged.

Since you are mining with them, just use it without a monitor and generally it will be fine for mining just not gaming. I had tons of GPUs in the past which couldn’t give a proper display but they mined fine since no monitor needed to be plugged in.

Or if you got warranty just RMA it. Because it won’t fix itself.

ANSEL_2.0

Activity: 271
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 12, 2022, 07:40:37 AM

If the fan is running less the heat will cause artefact on the screen, you need to shut the PC down and let the GPU cool down, restart after and see how the display is this time, high temp on mem chips causes artefacts and that artefact can become permanent if it's too late.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: