Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:28:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB Encyclopedia of physical bitcoin early  (Read 184 times)
Cryptogreatdane (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 978
Merit: 403

View Profile
April 11, 2022, 09:42:34 PM

Hey family,
  Looking for an early version of the encyclopedia. 1st edition or other special copy. Mike Caldwell version? Just seeing whats out there. Probably out of my price range but thought id ask.
Dane

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
April 12, 2022, 02:06:39 AM

Hey family,
  Looking for an early version of the encyclopedia. 1st edition or other special copy. Mike Caldwell version? Just seeing whats out there. Probably out of my price range but thought id ask.
Dane

I have one 1st edition of those....

I've never seen one sell so no clue what it's worth, but I admit I do cherish it quite a bit.  Grin

Neat thing about those - They have a hologram with a private key under them on the center of the cover of the book (unloaded ofc) - I recall having to PM Elias to have him send me the public address a few months later.

Now that I think about it - I also have the corresponding serial to his second book ... Huh ... So this would be a 2-book set I guess... Also, no personalized autograph(s), all generic since given the choice at the time! Cheesy ....  Super rare for sure, I often forget I even have them lol! Cheesy

If really interested, let me know. Again, not sure what this would be worth,... I do have pics of the first few pages proving the serial and autos someplace, my order/reservation may also be still out there on one of Elias's old threads as well.. Not sure TBH ... Tongue

Cheers!

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Cryptogreatdane (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 12, 2022, 04:23:19 AM

Hey family,
Dane

I've never seen one sell so no clue what it's worth, but I admit I do cherish it quite a bit.  Grin

Neat thing about those - They have a hologram with a private key under them on the center of the cover of the book (unloaded ofc) - I recall having to PM Elias to have him send me the public address a few months later.

Now that I think about it - I also have the corresponding serial to his second book ... Huh ... So this would be a 2-book set I guess... Also, no personalized autograph(s), all generic since given the choice at the time! Cheesy ....  Super rare for sure, I often forget I even have them lol! Cheesy

If really interested, let me know. Again, not sure what this would be worth,... I do have pics of the first few pages proving the serial and autos someplace, my order/reservation may also be still out there on one of Elias's old threads as well.. Not sure TBH ... Tongue

Cheers!

I have the autograph set 13/50 with the 31 autographs of coin makers and holos. I'm looking to add them to the book. Thought Id look for a rare copy to use rather than buy a regular one. So I think I've seen pictures of the one your describing. Its a soft cover right? Is it in good shape? I'm interested if you want to send pics. Probably just need one book unless you think set should stay together? What do you think? I think the rest of the autograph sets were done in hardback though. I respect your opinion tell me what I should do, lol. This will be an awesome collectable when done. Think about what you want for it.
Cryptogreatdane (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 12, 2022, 04:32:38 AM

Hey family,
Dane

Cheers!

I have the autograph set 13/50 with the 31 autographs of coin makers and holos. I'm looking to add them to the book. Thought Id look for a rare copy to use rather than buy a regular one. So I think I've seen pictures of the one your describing. Is the title page numbered at all like 23/100? Its a soft cover right? Is it in good shape? I'm interested if you want to send pics. Probably just need one book unless you think set should stay together? What do you think? I think the rest of the autograph sets were done in hardback though. I respect your opinion tell me what I should do, lol. This will be an awesome collectable when done. Think about what you want for it.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
April 12, 2022, 01:36:17 PM

I have the autograph set 13/50 with the 31 autographs of coin makers and holos. I'm looking to add them to the book. Thought Id look for a rare copy to use rather than buy a regular one. So I think I've seen pictures of the one your describing. Its a soft cover right? Is it in good shape? I'm interested if you want to send pics. Probably just need one book unless you think set should stay together? What do you think? I think the rest of the autograph sets were done in hardback though. I respect your opinion tell me what I should do, lol. This will be an awesome collectable when done. Think about what you want for it.

Yes it is a soft-cover - It is in perfect shape, somehow (?!) - I believe many of those books were damaged in shipment, but I may be confusing it with the first hardcover edition... 🤷‍♂️

So... Now you are where I was a few years ago... I also thought about grabbing s sig set as well, but honestly, I never thought it would be a good idea since as you mention, those were really made for the hardcover first edition (Correct me again if I am wrong), so I didn't see them "fitting" together that well, given the size of the softcover is also smaller... I will try and pull it out of storage and see what number it is. Again, I really don't know what a fair value would be for this, but I'm inclined to ask along the lines of .1 or something... I believe that anything "Casascius" is worth much more than people are currently paying, and I think that will continue, but hey, just my own asshole's opinion ofc! Grin

Cheers!

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Cryptogreatdane (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 12, 2022, 03:27:04 PM

Yes it is a soft-cover - It is in perfect shape, somehow (?!) - I believe many of those books were damaged in shipment, but I may be confusing it with the first hardcover edition... 🤷‍♂️

So... Now you are where I was a few years ago... I also thought about grabbing s sig set as well, but honestly, I never thought it would be a good idea since as you mention, those were really made for the hardcover first edition (Correct me again if I am wrong), so I didn't see them "fitting" together that well, given the size of the softcover is also smaller... I will try and pull it out of storage and see what number it is. Again, I really don't know what a fair value would be for this, but I'm inclined to ask along the lines of .1 or something... I believe that anything "Casascius" is worth much more than people are currently paying, and I think that will continue, but hey, just my own asshole's opinion ofc! Grin

Cheers!
  Yeah your right. Looking at my softcover now I dont think those sigs will fit in here. I have to find a hardcover. I do think your book is worth that much. You should dig it out of storage and put it in a glass display case. Its a beautiful relic. Thanks for helping me talk through this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: