Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox  (Read 2130 times)
reg (OP)

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 05:14:11 PM

According to mtgox I am the only person in the world who cannot withdraw my bitcoins since the new update. Is this true has anyone else had a problem. If no one else has a problem then truly my computer has gone faulty- but only using the mtgox site.?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AgoraMutual

Activity: 22
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2011, 05:43:15 PM

I made four withdrawals this morning. One was received instantly by a bit-pay shopping cart. No word on the others yet but one was a private transaction to a forum member so I'll have to wait for an update on the forum to confirm. The others were .bit registrations so no telling how long that'll take.
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 01:09:36 AM

According to mtgox I am the only person in the world who cannot withdraw my bitcoins since the new update. Is this true has anyone else had a problem. If no one else has a problem then truly my computer has gone faulty- but only using the mtgox site.?

I would like to confirm that indeed we do not see other problems at this time when withdrawing BTCs, so I strongly advise you still talk to my colleagues on this matters and provide them as much as information as possible. I am sure that it will be solved one way or another, but since other customers are able withdraw BTCs (at present time) you should maybe have to try on another computer or browser.

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
reg (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 10:52:26 AM

ok I am in an internet cafe and I have the same problem. the software guy here says he does not have the software to open, 0/withdraw.php   ?  now please give me an understandable set of instructions to withdraw 8 bitcoins to this address  15sVTE51FyVpEnZw2SM9E9g4aEAz8SG1vW   . If I am not following the correct procedure ie; log in, select withdraw BTC in an orange link- whereby I get either an error must be logged in or a request to find a file to open pfp files then please sort this out .I am getting increasingly frustrated. Using another computer in my opinion rules out spyware or a virus on my home computer. 10;45am GMT 8/12/2011 . reg.
- Show quoted text -
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2011, 11:22:07 AM

ok I am in an internet cafe and I have the same problem. the software guy here says he does not have the software to open, 0/withdraw.php   ?  now please give me an understandable set of instructions to withdraw 8 bitcoins to this address  15sVTE51FyVpEnZw2SM9E9g4aEAz8SG1vW   . If I am not following the correct procedure ie; log in, select withdraw BTC in an orange link- whereby I get either an error must be logged in or a request to find a file to open pfp files then please sort this out .I am getting increasingly frustrated. Using another computer in my opinion rules out spyware or a virus on my home computer. 10;45am GMT 8/12/2011 . reg.
- Show quoted text -

The problem is with Mt Gox on their page correct? It's not an issue of the Bitcoins not showing up right? I see 8 coins being sent around in the past on that address, 6 days ago or so.

I was working with a user today who had a similar problem and thought he didn't receive them because he hadn't finished downloading the block chain. His router was blocking traffic on port 8333 and it prevented him from verifying (via client) that he had received the coins.

I'm assuming this isn't the case with you but I wanted to throw it out there just in case. If it's an issue with the Mt Gox page then that's on them of course.

Jered

Edit: after reading it closer looks like it's on their site.

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
reg (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 12:28:43 PM

I also think its their site but I am in a david and goliath situation. The transaction 6 days ago was not me- now I am worried that the 8 bitcoins are not actually in the mtgox wallet at all!!  Unfortunately I am no computer whiz kid and just trying to withdraw my coins to another a/c. You will notice I was quickly closed out by the mtgox gestapo and so far as I know nobody from mtgox gives a damm about my problem. as their gestapo said one person in the world has withdrawn bitcoins and one not- so far we are even. my only recourse now is this open forum so if there is anyone out there who would assist in resolving my plight I would be extreamly gratefull. I will gladly admit if I am the bozo that did not click this or double right click that! but as yet no one has told me so- no one, not another member of mt gox-not mtgox, nobody on the open forum or the space station circling the earth- no one!! .  reg.
unsquidly

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 02:35:52 PM

Yet another reason not to use MtGox.....You would think that they would see all of the recent forum posts and try to do something to make things better.....
reg (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 04:03:13 PM

Other users have asked what URL I am using- as I cannot speak computer , I asked google and I am logging in from HTTP// MtGox.com on the internet. I can always log in ok but get the impression I must do something further related to this:
Two APIs are available at this point: the HTTP api (available by posting to
mtgox.com/code/*) and the websocket API.
This means nothing to me! neither are there any instructions or FAQ's but I have been told the withdrawal URL looks completely different to :
0/withdrawal BTC with an orange link that gives me the error code. This has been going on now for two day with little constructive feedback 16:00GMT
8/12/2011 as usual I am posting progress on the forum! reg.
reg (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 06:49:09 PM

18:45. How do I access the withdrawal page?

Two APIs are available at this point: the HTTP api (available by posting to
mtgox.com/code/*) and the websocket API.

After I log in I do not understand what you need me to do with this? post what? how? will you please respond to my request. reg
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 08:09:40 PM

1. visit https://www.mtgox.com
2. login
3. click "Funding Options"
4. click "Withdraw Funds"
5. Fill in amount and address (and Yubikey if you use it)
6. Click "Confirm"

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
reg (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 08:46:32 PM

PROBLEM SOLVED.

many thanks for your assistance : That just worked and was all I was trying to get for nearly two days, I feel like offering a general apology to all for trying every way I could to get the info but I learned the method when about 4 its called (pester power) Thank you again it should all go quiet now-untill I get another problem. Kind regards reg.
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 18, 2011, 12:02:40 AM

The withdrawals definitely work, some hacker just withdrew all of my BTC's!!
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 03:05:02 AM

The withdrawals definitely work, some hacker just withdrew all of my BTC's!!

Hi MSIN

We are sincerely very sorry to hear that you have been a victim of this kind of fraudulent activity. From the information we have it looks as though your private data was stolen and used to gain access to your account to change your password. You can contact us for more info.

Despite your belief, Mt.Gox has not been hacked in any way and trading on Mt.Gox is still safe/secure. The way in which your account was taken over proves this point (again, you can contact us for more details).

That all being said, regrettably, it is to late for us to do anything with respect to recovering your funds.

Besides general security tips (strong passwords, not clicking links in emails, not opening unfamiliar attachments) to try and avoid this from happening again, our only suggestion is to buy a Yubikey. If you are not familiar a Yubikey operates as a 2-factor, one time password and thus, will make your account impervious to these types of attacks as the attacker would require both your password and the physical key to gain entry. Us asking you to buy a Yubikey may seem like salt in the wound after you've been victimized like this, however it is our sincere suggestion that you get one if you continue on as our customer or even if you decide to join a different exchange.

We also hope that this experience will not turn you away from using bitcoin in the future.

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: