Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:44:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Im ready to adond all banks and my friends also dont need banks anymore  (Read 295 times)
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 10:44:43 PM

I don't think that as an institution, banking system will be simply ignored by us. For sure we all love crypto no doubt about it and maybe some of us are not using any banks at all. But personally, I can't, I have to pay my house mortgages with check so obviously, I need banks to process it for me. And with that, it will be very difficult if not impossible to bypass every huge transaction without banks and fiat.
The banking system will be forced to transform into a different form. In the form that it is, it will be forced to change to the needs of users like OP. But at the moment, there are very few such users. What percentage of BTC users compared to users of the traditional banking system? I'm guessing it's negligible. And I think that people will refuse banking services reluctantly and slowly. All the same, despite the shortcomings, there is convenience in this.

Of course, I would like to see more people like OP and more people switch to bitcoin, but it seems to me that the time for this phenomenon to be widespread has not yet come.
What happens is that once a system is put in place then changing it is very difficult, most people do not see the reason to abandon their fiat currencies, they know there is something wrong as they can feel the high inflation all over the world but they do not see an alternative so they keep using their fiat, however once things get bad enough then that is when people will begin to look for answers to their problems, and that is when we could see a massive adoption of bitcoin and we could reach a critical mass which eventually allow us to use bitcoin in almost every single business that we may like.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
arwin100

Activity: 2730
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2022, 12:23:38 PM

I don't think that as an institution, banking system will be simply ignored by us. For sure we all love crypto no doubt about it and maybe some of us are not using any banks at all. But personally, I can't, I have to pay my house mortgages with check so obviously, I need banks to process it for me. And with that, it will be very difficult if not impossible to bypass every huge transaction without banks and fiat.
The banking system will be forced to transform into a different form. In the form that it is, it will be forced to change to the needs of users like OP. But at the moment, there are very few such users. What percentage of BTC users compared to users of the traditional banking system? I'm guessing it's negligible. And I think that people will refuse banking services reluctantly and slowly. All the same, despite the shortcomings, there is convenience in this.

Of course, I would like to see more people like OP and more people switch to bitcoin, but it seems to me that the time for this phenomenon to be widespread has not yet come.
What happens is that once a system is put in place then changing it is very difficult, most people do not see the reason to abandon their fiat currencies, they know there is something wrong as they can feel the high inflation all over the world but they do not see an alternative so they keep using their fiat, however once things get bad enough then that is when people will begin to look for answers to their problems, and that is when we could see a massive adoption of bitcoin and we could reach a critical mass which eventually allow us to use bitcoin in almost every single business that we may like.

Maybe in some reason they fantasize things and think about they don't need fiat anymore. But in reality once they  been hit on reality that the fiat still dominant for sure they will think about exchanging their crypto to fiat and use bank for safe keeping. Many people think about banks will die when crypto adoptions spread on many countries, but what provably the scenario will happen there is bank will stay and they adopt the new changes in technology and might they also accept bitcoin deposits/withdrawals or any transactions in future.

barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
April 30, 2022, 03:14:30 PM

You said you are still going to be in need of ATM machine, then how do you make use of an ATM machine when you do not have a bank account? Before you can be able to make use of an ATM machine you must have had money saved in a bank before you are able to withdraw from an ATM machine, unless you are referring to a Bitcoin ATM machine? And your exchange cannot serve as a bank, another thing you’re also forgetting is that exchanges can be hacked, and that can lead to you losing your assets.

If you even want to save your money as Bitcoin, then exchanges shouldn’t be the way to store it, you should have a non custodial wallet where you can store your bitcoins offline.
19Nov16

Activity: 1722
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 01, 2022, 09:38:56 AM

The question is whether everything we can pay with cryptocurrencies? I'm sure it is difficult to do all transactions with cryptocurrencies, especially in my country it is still difficult to find Bitcoin ATM and this is what makes the role of Banks still very important.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
May 01, 2022, 01:46:50 PM

The question is whether everything we can pay with cryptocurrencies? I'm sure it is difficult to do all transactions with cryptocurrencies, especially in my country it is still difficult to find Bitcoin ATM and this is what makes the role of Banks still very important.
Every country have got stores accepting bitcoin, but this is limited within specific region. So, it is a difficult task to spend bitcoin directly on different needs. Another thing without a bank how OP will make a deposit/withdrawal out of his cards. He says Cash Machines are more than enough, but when he start using it once again he'll complain that the transaction charge is high and why to spend in such a way. For this I could use fiat. So, what OP trying to say isn't a possible solution for now.
SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
May 01, 2022, 09:09:16 PM

Depends if your country legalizes cryptocurrencies as a legal tender. That is the only way that you can use your crypto directly on anything but if your country hasn't done that yet then yes you will have a hard time using your cryptos since there's only less stores that accept it for now although there are more stores online that accepts crypto payments.

You can try them if you prefer cryptos more than the traditional fiat but why you need a btc atm anyway? I thought you want to use your crypto directly but I think btc ATM works like trading your btc to fiat. If you want to buy a btc, you can still easily do that even without the help of btc ATMs.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: