Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:03:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quarantine measures in China, Shanghai  (Read 373 times)
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
May 10, 2022, 01:18:06 PM

snip
Didn't notice that there were new replies on the thread. Honestly, I don't believe that it has to do anything with Taiwan, I've heard it in the past, thus I wouldn't completely rule it out. I don't trust the Chinese government at all, they could have prevented the crisis of March 2020, but decided to hide it. I have an old acquaintance of mine in Shanghai, he's married there, and as I've seen from his post, he's claiming that the measures are worse than those in the start of the pandemic.

So it's worse there? Well if it's a new variant then they better do good job keeping it in there. Although they do seem to be taking draconian measures. Just saw a vid of man still alive in a bodybag.
Unfortunately, I can't post his photos, since they are personal, but the situation is pretty bad. They are forced to stay inside at all times, while going outside comes with strict time restriction (a few minutes at most), wearing a full protective suit, from head to toe, similar to a spacesuit, for specific very specific reasons, such as picking up necessary rations etc. It's astonishing.

Well that's OK, aside from protecting their privacy from the public also don't want them to look like they are complaining about the situation. Full hazmat? They didn't required that even in 2020.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
May 11, 2022, 04:16:37 PM

Hmmmm... what could that be?  Grin There's so many rumors floating around. Some says to restrict supply chain. Some say to reorient the industry for an invasion of Taiwan. Some even claim this is a spat between Beijing and Shanghai. More drama than Game of Thrones LOL.

To see if the lockdowns really work, or if they cause the disease(s) to spread.

Cool

LOL  Grin

IMHO they might work, MIGHT. Considering it's China it's probably okay to stuff a family in their apartment so that they all catch it to prevent them spreading it to other families. Hahaha!
PrimeNumber7
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899

Amazon Prime Member #7

View Profile
May 12, 2022, 03:17:15 PM

snip
Anything that China releases to the rest of the world is intentional. Any "zero covid" strategy is not going to work. There are simply too many reasons for which humans much interact with each other in order to survive. I agree that any numbers released by the Chinese government should not be trusted.

It is possible that China is intentionally messing with supply chains to make it more costly to sanction them once they decide to invade Taiwan.

If they really are doing this, then they better start with the invasion quickly. Supply eventually expands to meet demands. It can get to the point where by restricting your own supply it'll encourage production elsewhere.
There have been various supply chain issues since covid started over two years ago, although they have gotten worse as of recently. I agree that markets will eventually adjust and supply chains will originate from elsewhere, although China is also the source of certain materials that is not available elsewhere.

In any event, China likely is going to invade Tiawon during Biden's presidency because it knows that Biden is too weak to respond militarily. They may be waiting to see how the situation in Ukraine plays out.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
May 12, 2022, 04:28:04 PM

snip
There have been various supply chain issues since covid started over two years ago, although they have gotten worse as of recently. I agree that markets will eventually adjust and supply chains will originate from elsewhere, although China is also the source of certain materials that is not available elsewhere.

In any event, China likely is going to invade Tiawon during Biden's presidency because it knows that Biden is too weak to respond militarily. They may be waiting to see how the situation in Ukraine plays out.

Yes, it is hard to decouple from China immediately same way it's hard to suddenly stop oil from Russia. It'll take time to bring production back to the US for example.

As for the invasion, that's a possibility. They wouldn't wait for the Republicans to come back to the White House.
PrimeNumber7
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899

Amazon Prime Member #7

View Profile
May 12, 2022, 09:50:07 PM

snip

Yes, it is hard to decouple from China immediately same way it's hard to suddenly stop oil from Russia. It'll take time to bring production back to the US for example.

As for the invasion, that's a possibility. They wouldn't wait for the Republicans to come back to the White House.
It is much easier to transition off oil/gas from Russia than it is to transition off of imports from China. The energy that is imported from Russia is already produced elsewhere throughout the world, and these places just need to increase production. Much of what is imported from China is largely only produced in China, so manufacturing will need to be setup elsewhere.

I think it is probably safe to assume that China (and Russia) has compromising information on Biden, which is why he has been so soft on both countries. I can't see Biden significiently pushing back against China in response to an invasion of Tiawon.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: