Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:44:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IPhone users using Trust wallet  (Read 183 times)
fzkto

Activity: 2282
Merit: 439

Cashback 15%

View Profile
April 19, 2022, 03:14:00 PM

Trust Wallet was once bought by the most popular exchange, Binance, so I think this wallet can be trusted. It has all the features you need, including a seed phrase that can be used to restore your wallet in any other multi-currency app. Another thing to note is that IOS apps are much safer than Androin because they are more thoroughly checked. I wouldn't doubt the security of Trust Wallet.
abyan@83

Activity: 57
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 19, 2022, 03:17:14 PM

Actually, when it comes to security issues, not only on the iPhone, Android or other devices are also vulnerable to security if they still store assets in some kind of application such as this trust wallet. However, the issues announced by the core trust wallet team may be more towards their internal security which is much different from the more complex android apps. In my opinion, we don't have to use trustwallet on iphone just before everything will announce it can be used safely. Maybe you can try some kind of trezor or some kind of hardware wallet.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
April 19, 2022, 05:42:46 PM

Is Trust wallet on IOS devices now secured? There was a time ago when they said Trust wallet had a security issue on IOS device, somewhat of a back door security breach, I have interest in Iphone device but I am not sure if Trust wallet is now safe to use on iPhone.
A lot of users getting hacked is mainly because of their own fault. I don't know if there was a security issue with the wallet, but if you truly have a concern about a backdoor yet still want to use the closed-source Trust Wallet is where you are wrong.

Everyone won't know if there is any malicious code within the wallet itself since there is no source code. In fact, there is no reproducible wallet on iPhone[1].

[1] https://walletscrutiny.com/?verdict=nonverifiable&platform=iphone
Xal0lex
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2462

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2022, 07:23:08 PM

Is Trust wallet on IOS devices now secured? There was a time ago when they said Trust wallet had a security issue on IOS device, somewhat of a back door security breach, I have interest in Iphone device but I am not sure if Trust wallet is now safe to use on iPhone.

In general, no mobile wallet can be synonymous with the word security. None at all. Of course, you will have a little more security than Android owners, because, in my opinion, this operating system is more vulnerable than iOS, but still keep your money in a mobile wallet is extremely not recommended, even if only because your phone can be stolen. If you use mobile wallet, it is only for some small payments, where cryptocurrency is the means of payment. NOT more than that.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████