Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:39:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thermal Pads and mining efficiency  (Read 123 times)
YellowSwap (OP)

Activity: 200
Merit: 27

KUWA.ai

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 09:22:12 AM

How cool is 430watt power consumption for 155MH? Is this efficient enough? Also I want to ask about cooling 3080s and 3090s, does adding a thermal pad at the bad of the GPU make any difference? I've changed the front pads with 2mm thermal pads and I get good result but im just curious about the back thermal pad.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    CHECK OUT KUWA    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
April 21, 2022, 03:17:58 AM

What back thermal pad are you referring to? Are you talking about the metal backplate? Generally i find that on some GPUs all that back plate does is trap heat. Because instead of the heat being released by a near case fan it sits there due to the back plate.

The back plate is mostly used so the GPU doesn’t bend when it’s heavy. Some GPUs back in the day were extremely heavy and depending on which way your computer case was sitting it would sag. Hence they started to use back plates.

If there are no thermal pads on them now don’t add any however.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1033

View Profile
April 21, 2022, 06:05:09 AM

How cool is 430watt power consumption for 155MH? Is this efficient enough? Also I want to ask about cooling 3080s and 3090s, does adding a thermal pad at the bad of the GPU make any difference? I've changed the front pads with 2mm thermal pads and I get good result but im just curious about the back thermal pad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d27YQWWPH5Q
You can install additional heatsinks on the backplate of the graphics cards to get even better results. It's a lot of fun to modify some of the most expensive graphics cards out there. That's why I prefer not to buy them.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
S3300

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2022, 12:26:50 PM

You don't need to change anything else, most videos I've watched on YouTube always said to leave the back thermal pads as they are, if you want to see an extra cooling performance then buy a copper pad online with fans on them, this can drag down 2-3°C too

Strictly made for 3080s and 3090s

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
soda37

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2022, 10:48:19 PM

You don't need to change anything else, most videos I've watched on YouTube always said to leave the back thermal pads as they are, if you want to see an extra cooling performance then buy a copper pad online with fans on them, this can drag down 2-3°C too

Strictly made for 3080s and 3090s

it's not a copper pad, it's a heatsink with fans. Don't confuse it with copper pads that dumbsters apply to memory chips.
BitKongy

Activity: 405
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 22, 2022, 04:53:21 AM

Why not use a stronger or ticker copper plate? They don't always come with their cooling fan so you need to purchase fans separately but I can assure you that they work better, most backplates that come with fans are aluminium, find something like the picture below.

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1033

View Profile
April 22, 2022, 12:40:35 PM

Why not use a stronger or ticker copper plate? They don't always come with their cooling fan so you need to purchase fans separately but I can assure you that they work better, most backplates that come with fans are aluminium, find something like the picture below.

If you use a closed case, you will not be able to install your video card in this case due to the upgrade, because the thickness will increase. For one video card, this is a good solution, but for 5 or more it is more profitable to buy a closed case and make ventilation.Or do as I do, but I don’t buy a hot video card (3070ti,3080,3090).

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██