Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:17:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill passed requiring drunk drivers to pay child support if they kill parents  (Read 299 times)
Hydrogen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
April 22, 2022, 11:34:36 PM

The bill is named after the daughters of a police officer killed in a DUI hit-and-run

The Tennessee legislature passed a bill Wednesday that would require drunk drivers to pay child support if they kill a parent and are convicted of vehicular homicide due to intoxication.

The legislation passed through the Tennessee Senate on Wednesday following an amendment to rename the bill after the two daughters of state police officer Nicholas Galinger, who was killed in a hit-and-run by a drunk driver in 2019, according to CBS 46.

The legislation, which has yet to be signed into law, requires DUI drivers convicted of either vehicular homicide or aggravated vehicular homicide due to intoxication to pay child support if a parent killed in a crash has any minor children. The payments would continue until each child reaches 18 years old and graduates from high school.

Galinger's killer, Janet Hind, drove into him from behind while he was investigating a manhole cover overflowing with water. Hind was intoxicated at the time and was sentenced to 11 years in prison in February.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/tennessee-drunk-driver-child-support-parent-death

They're proposing a law where drunk drivers who accidentally run into & kill parents, pay child support to their surviving children until they reach the age of 18 and legally become adults. My first thought is, I don't know if drunk drivers have cash to afford this. Most drunk drivers are young adults likely to have large amounts of student loan debt and entry level income.

It is an interesting idea and novel concept. I'm not certain what the normal process is for children whose parents are unfortunately hit by drunk drivers. I guess they would end up in an orphanage?  Another interesting movement is cars and trucks having breathalyzers installed on them. So that the engine can't be started unless a person breathes into the breathalyzer and has an alcohol statistic below the legal limit.

We have many reactionary penalties and punishments for law breakers. Could a preventionary measure where good behavior is rewarded also have a niche place in society? What if a crypto currency was created which rewarded users for every week they remained sober? In an effort to diminish alcohol and substance abuse. If there are shitcoin developers on this planet who play 5D chess with their crypto token designs, what would it look like?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1229

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2022, 11:50:12 PM

The cases related on drunk driving rise up and there are so many casualties per year recorded as per statistical records show so this law created give justice to the child who's parent are victimized on this unfortunate incident. And maybe thru this law the cases will low since there's a law that will totally add more weight to their case if they got involve on the said case.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
DanWalker

Activity: 1932
Merit: 546

We are all the pieces of what we remember.

View Profile
April 23, 2022, 02:31:16 AM

This should be widely applied so that drinkers are aware of the consequences they will have to bear if an incident occurs. We can't stop companies from shutting down beer, but we can put in place tough laws to prevent overuse and injury to others. In my country, the government has just increased the penalty for drinking while driving. Accordingly, just drinking 2 cans of beer with an alcohol content, the driver will be fined 60 days and have to pay a fine according to regulations, the fine I see has increased 3 times compared to the old fine.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 598

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2022, 03:15:54 AM

Well we can't just let them have the free pass for parents responsibility and let the kids suffer while them in jail making their assholes wider. If the drunk can work to make money inside the jail its best that he should. Its time they better have another skill than drinking and driving carelessly. Its very unfair to parents that died.

Janet Hind is  there in jail not even thinking what happen to Galinger, probably not even remembering what happen. So she feels her conscience is clean but if we put a heavier responsibilities on her shoulder, she'd work to pay.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
April 23, 2022, 03:19:42 AM

Yes it’s very interesting however they need to consider a few things first. Like if the driver is convicted, he will most likely go to jail for 5-15 years. They can’t pay child support from jail. And another issue is what if the driver is someone who is young and has no job and money. Or someone old without money.

This would obviously work out if the driver was someone rich however most people are not rich. Generally when this happens it’s usually the insurance company of the drunk driver that would cover some damages. And maybe if the father had some type of life insurance policy.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
April 23, 2022, 03:51:57 AM

If you're victim to a drunk driving accident and live, you're entitled to file a civil suit against the person which will result in financial liability. If you die, your family has that right, and in DUI manslaughter cases, or any case for that matter, I believe the U.S. allows for an automatic settlement/victory for the litigants in a civil suit if the same defendant is convicted for the same crime in a criminal court. The law seems a bit redundant because I imagine in civil cases that wages would be garnished if the settlement can't be paid at once.
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
April 23, 2022, 12:45:52 PM

Yes it’s very interesting however they need to consider a few things first. Like if the driver is convicted, he will most likely go to jail for 5-15 years. They can’t pay child support from jail. And another issue is what if the driver is someone who is young and has no job and money. Or someone old without money.

This would obviously work out if the driver was someone rich however most people are not rich. Generally when this happens it’s usually the insurance company of the drunk driver that would cover some damages. And maybe if the father had some type of life insurance policy.

I think that this bill has a purposed of good intention to the victim and to the family he/she leave due to an unexpected accidents or death and with that being said I would agree with you mate that this law should come in some consideration like a driver convicted go to jail because probably he/she couldn't fulfill this bill. With this kind of thread being discussed here it just remind us either we placed in both situation we should have an asset set aside for any emergency situation not just to pay our action but to continue support our family.
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
April 23, 2022, 03:06:18 PM

But someone has to take responsibility for killing an innocent person because of their intentional act of getting intoxicated. That is why it is said if you are drunk don't drive and if you are driving don't drink. So if such order is violated it becomes intentional action and someone has to take responsibility for that. The policy is a good one to caution people who are fund of being drunk while driving and to cover the responsibility of the lost in the family. Anyway maybe a little more on the policy to ensure it covers all aspects.

In this I think every driving license should be tied to an insurance policy for the insurance company to take care of such killing of innocent people and the people left behind.

hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3652

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2022, 03:31:53 PM

I think that driving trucks is the most useful area for automated driving if pre-determined tracks for these trailers are set, so that the driver’s role becomes complementary, and this role may be abolished in the future.

The bill is interesting, but it remains difficult for this person to pay the expenses, especially since most truck drivers do not have the extra money to bear the expenses of a child or several children.

I had hoped that these expenses would be directed to the companies that employ these drivers and thus would improve the selection criteria instead of bearing the consequences of the expenses of these minor children.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
April 23, 2022, 03:43:49 PM

If you're victim to a drunk driving accident and live, you're entitled to file a civil suit against the person which will result in financial liability. If you die, your family has that right, and in DUI manslaughter cases, or any case for that matter, I believe the U.S. allows for an automatic settlement/victory for the litigants in a civil suit if the same defendant is convicted for the same crime in a criminal court. The law seems a bit redundant because I imagine in civil cases that wages would be garnished if the settlement can't be paid at once.
Thanks for the information, when taken in that context the law may seem to be redundant, the only way in which I could see this not being the case is if the drunk driver will now need to pay both of those penalties or if the adjudication of the child support is automatic and the family does not need to go thought trial to get it.

Anyway it is an interesting proposal and at least to me it is better than to send someone to prison, let them work and try to repay those most affected by this with their efforts as a way to atone for their irreparable mistake.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
merchantofzeny

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279

View Profile
April 23, 2022, 05:27:21 PM

This is actually good. Might not be still enough deterrent for the idiots and assholes out there but it does help make up a little for the damage they've done. Is the payment per parent? Like if both parents died do the child get double the amount? I don't know the laws there but I believe in cases like this you can already sue for "damages" anyway

We have many reactionary penalties and punishments for law breakers. Could a preventionary measure where good behavior is rewarded also have a niche place in society?

I think a little more penalty is really needed these days coz it's seems we are going backwards when it comes to punishing crimes. Either they get a slap on the wrist (for example some places they practically legalized shoplifting) or it's citizens that are made to suffer (a criminal can sue - and win - if he injured himself robbing your house).

Pomogator

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2022, 06:20:03 PM

Due to the availability of the car in our time, a huge number of inadequate and headless drivers. Such laws can affect the understanding of a person who thinks to drive drunk. As the saying goes, laws are made with blood. Driving drunk is the most irresponsible act.
TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
April 23, 2022, 06:39:37 PM

Sounds about right. The money should be way larger than what the family is losing from the breadwinner dying though. Thing is, how is the family going to get paid if the convicted just decided to go to jail. It's like sending the dad to jail for missing child support.

I like OP's idea of the breathananlyzer in the car. I believe there are already cars that require biometrics to turn on (usually the fingerprint) so this shouldn't be something farfetched. Car detects you are too intoxicated, it locks down and calls a driving service for you. Though I suppose self-driving cars would make all these unnecessary.
Cookdata

Activity: 938
Merit: 876

Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin

View Profile
April 23, 2022, 07:42:50 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2022, 08:00:07 PM by Cookdata

Due to the availability of the car in our time, a huge number of inadequate and headless drivers. Such laws can affect the understanding of a person who thinks to drive drunk. As the saying goes, laws are made with blood. Driving drunk is the most irresponsible act.

If you're drunk, you should never handle a car stirring but intoxicants will never listen. Let's even say the driver is not drunk, anyone who killed any parent must compensate the deceased family. Accidents happen and sometimes we can't avoid it but what will come out of a drunkard with debts? how will they support a child when they have their own problems? This bill may be hard to implement. I have also learnt that responsible alcohol drunker don't drink to a stupor to the point that they lose their sense.
The idea of new projects exploring this trend wouldn't last.

DrBeer
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1885

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2022, 09:48:13 PM

They're proposing a law where drunk drivers who accidentally run into & kill parents, pay child support to their surviving children until they reach the age of 18 and legally become adults. My first thought is, I don't know if drunk drivers have cash to afford this. Most drunk drivers are young adults likely to have large amounts of student loan debt and entry level income.

It is an interesting idea and novel concept. I'm not certain what the normal process is for children whose parents are unfortunately hit by drunk drivers. I guess they would end up in an orphanage?  Another interesting movement is cars and trucks having breathalyzers installed on them. So that the engine can't be started unless a person breathes into the breathalyzer and has an alcohol statistic below the legal limit.

We have many reactionary penalties and punishments for law breakers. Could a preventionary measure where good behavior is rewarded also have a niche place in society? What if a crypto currency was created which rewarded users for every week they remained sober? In an effort to diminish alcohol and substance abuse. If there are shitcoin developers on this planet who play 5D chess with their crypto token designs, what would it look like?

Can I have clarifying questions, or your explanations?
1. I do not quite understand - is this a replacement for a prison term? To begin with, what we are talking about, in my opinion, is nothing more than a premeditated murder! Getting behind the wheel of a car while intoxicated is essentially making the decision to kill a random person or even a group of people with a vehicle. Otherwise, if the perpetrator goes to jail, how will the payment be secured? Or will he be given a job in prison to be guaranteed to earn the required amount?
2. If the perpetrator is released from prison - this is complete nonsense. Most of these criminals are rather poor citizens, how will they support children left without parents? For $100 a month?

Some kind of nonsense, as for me ... I will admit that if it is not possible to pay, for example, $ 5,000 per month for one child (well, not $ 100, right ?!), and the lack of liquid assets providing such an amount (through a forced sale), it is more logical to force remove the required organs from the perpetrator of the murder, leaving him with the minimum set to ensure vital functions. And the proceeds, significant funds - to put on the providing account for the injured child / children. Or is it humane to kill people drunk, but to forcibly remove organs from a criminal killer is inhumane if he cannot try to “correct” his guilt as little as possible!?

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

▄███████████████████████▄
█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
████████████▀████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
April 24, 2022, 09:54:44 PM

This why the government should have more exams on getting a license, because the arrogant one can easily have it especially in my country. A lot of incidents like this that kills innocent people, having this kind of law is fine but not enough to punish those drunk drivers. Note that not all drunk drivers are rich and capable of supporting others life, they might end up in a jail but the victim will not receive anything from him so better to have another law with regards to this.
Viscore

Activity: 3038
Merit: 647

View Profile
April 24, 2022, 10:37:44 PM

This should be widely applied so that drinkers are aware of the consequences they will have to bear if an incident occurs. We can't stop companies from shutting down beer, but we can put in place tough laws to prevent overuse and injury to others. In my country, the government has just increased the penalty for drinking while driving. Accordingly, just drinking 2 cans of beer with an alcohol content, the driver will be fined 60 days and have to pay a fine according to regulations, the fine I see has increased 3 times compared to the old fine.
I think this bill should be approve because this will bring justice to all the victims caused by irresponsible drivers. We always heard this DON'T DRINK WHEN YOU DRIVE, DON'T DRIVE WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK but this was always disregard by all drivers since there was no heavy sanctions made for them. Maybe this time, they will be more disciplined and be more responsible drivers as they can easily took the lives of others without their awareness.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 24, 2022, 11:21:49 PM

The bill is named after the daughters of a police officer killed in a DUI hit-and-run

The Tennessee legislature passed a bill Wednesday that would require drunk drivers to pay child support if they kill a parent and are convicted of vehicular homicide due to intoxication.

The legislation passed through the Tennessee Senate on Wednesday following an amendment to rename the bill after the two daughters of state police officer Nicholas Galinger, who was killed in a hit-and-run by a drunk driver in 2019, according to CBS 46.

The legislation, which has yet to be signed into law, requires DUI drivers convicted of either vehicular homicide or aggravated vehicular homicide due to intoxication to pay child support if a parent killed in a crash has any minor children. The payments would continue until each child reaches 18 years old and graduates from high school.

Galinger's killer, Janet Hind, drove into him from behind while he was investigating a manhole cover overflowing with water. Hind was intoxicated at the time and was sentenced to 11 years in prison in February.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/tennessee-drunk-driver-child-support-parent-death

This is an innovative preventative approach, good news to be heard so far. I personally agree with this, it will lessen drunk drivers on the streets and would do justice to the children and their loved ones. This way drivers will be wary, and knows the consequences when proven guilty of the crime.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 06:18:12 PM

Why it's only limited to drunk driving? Why not expand it to every case of killing that leads to a child becoming an orphan?

They idea sounds right morally, but what would be practical consequences? For example, there's an infamous effect of a Chinese law that causes drivers to intentionally kill victims, because it's cheaper than paying medical bills. What if this law would encourage hit and runs or killing witnesses?

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 07:40:04 PM

It makes sense because there are very few situations, infact it's almost impossible, to be in the situation of drunk driving and have any excuse for the damage you inflict if you hit something. Losing a parent at an early age is a painful enough experience but it has long term ramifications too as the decreased income is likely to have life altering effects on the remaining child(ren). However it's a bit of a catch-22 situation because if the judge is doing their job properly then it's possible that the person will be in jail for a large part of the time they are a child and will not be able to make any sort of meaningful payments. Maybe it should be "banked" and the driver would have to pay the equivalent amount of years after they get out.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████