Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:36:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH wallet password  (Read 356 times)
rupxisshit (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 10:06:42 AM

one last question- is ETH still uses AES-128 ? why not 256 or stronger ?
Coin BTC

Activity: 721
Merit: 19

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 04:07:20 PM

The first point is the private key is very important, and one thing you need to remember this private key should be enough when you want to import wallet to wallet even to new devices. but if you lose your private key then you have to secure the Json file, in my opinion a password is also needed and even needed to enter the wallet, so my advice is more precisely, you need to save it because in the future of course you will need it again.

It can be concluded that the information provided by both of us and you when you want to open your wallet is very important.

CLAIM AIRDROP  Airdrop
CLAIM AIRDROP  Airdrop
CLAIM AIRDROP  Airdrop
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2100
Merit: 100

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 04:44:05 PM

Private key and Keystore file both are very important to access your Ac if you have one of them you still can access your account but it's always better to use Keystore file to access your Ethereum wallet and don't keep all these at one place keep it on a different place to be safer side.

robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1204

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2022, 04:52:39 PM

if I created a wallet with a password and then exported the private key .Does in any way I will need the password or is the private key sufficient ?
Thanks

The private key is enough every created wallet is associated with a private key there's no mention of a password, the password is just a security feature added by the wallet developer and the password can be changed anytime if you're using a metamask and you transfer to another computer you can set up another password but you cannot change your private key that is associated to your address.

rupxisshit (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2022, 11:07:49 AM

The private key is enough every created wallet is associated with a private key there's no mention of a password, the password is just a security feature added by the wallet developer and the password can be changed anytime if you're using a metamask and you transfer to another computer you can set up another password but you cannot change your private key that is associated to your address.
[/quote]

Thank you. That's what I understood from the beginning.
What I didn't understand is why people here are talking about saving the password for double guarantee.why not just save the private key twice ? 7 times..who cares ? I really don't see the usage of the password.
Thanks   
rupxisshit (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2022, 11:16:33 AM

The first point is the private key is very important, and one thing you need to remember this private key should be enough when you want to import wallet to wallet even to new devices. but if you lose your private key then you have to secure the Json file, in my opinion a password is also needed and even needed to enter the wallet, so my advice is more precisely, you need to save it because in the future of course you will need it again.

It can be concluded that the information provided by both of us and you when you want to open your wallet is very important.

Why not just save the private key twice ? why I need silly json and silly password ? If I can access my funds just with private key then it's easier than json+password
mdzahed134

Activity: 2156
Merit: 259

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 04, 2022, 07:12:20 PM

Private key and Keystore file both are very important to access your Ac if you have one of them you still can access your account but it's always better to use Keystore file to access your Ethereum wallet and don't keep all these at one place keep it on a different place to be safer side.
No need to keep keystore file or password if you will store private key, even i think keystore file is a bit unsafe, anytime your file can be affected because you can't store it in offline that is big disadvantage. I feel safe only with private key in any wallet and i think online store is always risky.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Kingairdrop

Activity: 552
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 04, 2022, 07:54:56 PM

The password is restricted to just that wallet, but your private key overrides all passwords when you import your account to another wallet. Private keys are always the thing to note when handling your cryptocurrency accounts

✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ Seasonal Tokens ✣ ▌✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣
█ ✣ ▌PROTECT YOUR FUNDS AND GROW YOUR WEALTH OVER TIME ▌✣ █
www.seasonaltokens.org
zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 4312

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2022, 08:09:25 PM

Why not just save the private key twice ? why I need silly json and silly password ? If I can access my funds just with private key then it's easier than json+password
What if you make a mistake and write the wrong private key?
json+password is sometimes more convenient to use because it is very difficult to remember the private key, and json can be stored in the cloud if you come up with a complex password that is easy for you to remember.

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

▄███████████████████████▄
█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
████████████▀████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
bitcrystal

Activity: 419
Merit: 252

Crashgambler.io - Crash Gambling Guide

View Profile
May 04, 2022, 10:06:21 PM

mostly you only need your private keys, thats why you need to keep it very safe and secure such that no one will be able to use it aside you. your wallet password is only effective for that wallet at every time you are using it.

░▓██▓▓██▓ 
          ▓██████████░
         ███ █████ ███
       ░████ ██████ ██
      ▒█████ █████ ██▓
     ▓███████████████
   ░██████▓████████▒ 
     ████████████▒   
    ▓██████▓▓██▒     
   ▓████▓▒  ░▓       
  ▓██▓░             
 ░▓                  
CrashGambler.io█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
NO ENTRY FEE
$550 GRANDPRIZE
🏆 HIGHEST MULTIPLIER WINS
NicNacCoin

Activity: 1302
Merit: 451

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
May 04, 2022, 11:31:46 PM

if I created a wallet with a password and then exported the private key .Does in any way I will need the password or is the private key sufficient ?
Thanks
The private key is what you need most. If you lose your personal key, your wallet will have no value. For this you must keep the private key in a safe place.And you have to login a lot better with the password which is why you have to remember the password more safely.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
zonefloor

Activity: 1862
Merit: 524

View Profile
May 05, 2022, 12:34:30 AM

If there is no encryption beforehand, you can open your wallets directly with your private key. But if you have a json file and encryption is in question, it is almost impossible to open it unless you remember the password. Therefore, be careful to use passwords that you will not forget or that you have definitely saved. In Trustwallet-style wallets, if you have 12-word codes, they usually do not ask for a password. However, this situation varies according to the applications.
Lantind

Activity: 2296
Merit: 263

enterapp.io | CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK

View Profile
May 05, 2022, 01:14:01 AM

mostly you only need your private keys, thats why you need to keep it very safe and secure such that no one will be able to use it aside you. your wallet password is only effective for that wallet at every time you are using it.
Yes, in general a wallet password is just additional security when accessing the wallet and it is also better to use it with multiple layers of security for the wallet, whereas a very general security is the private key which must be very well guarded in order for the wallet to be very secure.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
blue Snow
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1029

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2022, 02:08:50 AM

No need to keep keystore file or password if you will store private key, even i think keystore file is a bit unsafe, anytime your file can be affected because you can't store it in offline that is big disadvantage. I feel safe only with private key in any wallet and i think online store is always risky.
you can save the Keystore offline with a computer that never connects to the Internet.

The password is restricted to just that wallet, but your private key overrides all passwords when you import your account to another wallet. Private keys are always the thing to note when handling your cryptocurrency accounts
That like Key and Padlock, both have pair with each other and no appropriate if we try to unlock using another key. So, we don't need the password for this situation, if we lost or another one have our key, it will definitely lost in second.

Tony116
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1023

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 05, 2022, 02:24:59 AM

What if you make a mistake and write the wrong private key?
json+password is sometimes more convenient to use because it is very difficult to remember the private key, and json can be stored in the cloud if you come up with a complex password that is easy for you to remember.

I think using private key is more convenient than using json, there are some non-custodial wallet that just use seedphrases or private keys instead of json files.

Why do you think storing json in the cloud is safe?, I think whether it's a private key or json, both need privacy and security, so store it offline instead of storing it in the cloud.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
May 05, 2022, 03:10:20 PM

Private key alone is enough to move your eth and tokens in your wallet, but it is not recommended to use private key because its not secure.
Anyone can make phishing site to get people with their private key.
Using metamask wallet in browser extension is safer than using private key, or you can use other secure wallet.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
evichi

Activity: 1204
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 05, 2022, 04:31:18 PM

Password and json file are required if you are using your system to log in. To secure your wallet, in case you loose your PC or Smart Phone, you need your private key/seed phrase. It all depends on the type of wallet you are using. It is important to record and keep all wallet access data offline. It is a worthwhile effort to ensure use of aphanumeric mix as password.

▬▬▬▬[ CHAIN JOES || THE FUTURE OF WEB3 GAMING  ]▬▬▬▬▬
CHAINJOES.COM
Lantind

Activity: 2296
Merit: 263

enterapp.io | CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK

View Profile
May 06, 2022, 06:58:37 AM

Private key alone is enough to move your eth and tokens in your wallet, but it is not recommended to use private key because its not secure.
Anyone can make phishing site to get people with their private key.
Using metamask wallet in browser extension is safer than using private key, or you can use other secure wallet.
The Metamask extension in the browser also has two basic security features, where users have to import their private key into Metamask and set a password when logging in to Metamask. I think Metamask is completely safe to use and it's also clear as you said that using the metamask wallet in a browser extension is safer than the other options.

█████████████████████