Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:48:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What might occur on the next bear market  (Read 591 times)
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1446

View Profile
April 30, 2022, 02:12:05 AM

I reckon it might look very similar to the bear markets of the past where much of the other attempts of the old layer 1 blockchain projects have failed to help the growth of their ecosystems. Fantom, Atom, Avax, Terra, Algorand, Cardano might slowly enter obscurity similar to Nxt and Nem.

There will also be many failures of tokens issued in those layer 1 blockchain projects. The development teams of those projects might dump and leave the project or just leave and let the projects die. I also speculate that it might also be a similar occurrence in the NFT ecosystem. Teams will run out of money and leave.

Much of the gamefi ecosystem will also die with only a very few of those projects to survive. We are presently already witnessing this.

The projects that were created during the bull market will have their first token unlocks this year and next year which will cause more selling and dumping on their communities.

Also, the regulators will be coming and this will cause more fear and pressure within the cryptospace.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
kidbounty

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

HELENA

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2022, 06:00:57 AM

I reckon it might look very similar to the bear markets of the past where much of the other attempts of the old layer 1 blockchain projects have failed to help the growth of their ecosystems. Fantom, Atom, Avax, Terra, Algorand, Cardano might slowly enter obscurity similar to Nxt and Nem.

This is a plausible possibility. and only those who have a strong community will survive in the future, the rest may end up like EOS, stellar, Waves, or other smart contract projects that still survive but seem to be forgotten. What is certain is that the bear market will change the list of coins in the marketcap later. maybe then we will no longer see Fantom, Polygon, avalanche, or nft projects like Axie, decentraland and others at the top of the list.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2022, 06:02:57 AM

@kidbounty. The layer 1 blockchain projects with strong communities are only Ethereum and Binance smart chain. I reckon if you still hold tokens in those other blockchains with weaker communities, it might be good for you to sell them now. Much of them will not be noticed on the next bull market where it will be the newer projects that will get all the hype.

.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
cabron

Activity: 2828
Merit: 600

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2022, 06:21:20 AM

What is sad about these layer1 projects is that investors think that all these dumps are opportunity to buy at cheaper price. Nxt  is still around up to this day even when close to 10 years ago they were already here  like NEM.

I'm however not going to look at the top layer1 project to like the two, SOL, Matic or AVAX will likely going to continue to be used like ETH and BNB but some inferior ones might not survive when delisted.

5W-KILO

Activity: 234
Merit: 35

Moon.win

View Profile
May 01, 2022, 06:29:23 AM

This BTC upside down trend is like a wake-up call  Grin I am glad that people are already realizing this, I have talked about this a few times before, be ready for a massive loss on altcoin price but many said the intense adoption rate of crypto won't allow the Bear market to pass ( You Shall Not Pass ), the bear market is inevitable no matter how strong adoption rate is.

cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1315

View Profile
May 01, 2022, 06:59:13 AM

@kidbounty. The layer 1 blockchain projects with strong communities are only Ethereum and Binance smart chain. I reckon if you still hold tokens in those other blockchains with weaker communities, it might be good for you to sell them now. Much of them will not be noticed on the next bull market where it will be the newer projects that will get all the hype.
Not really. Fantom and avalanche L1 community is still good. Hope you are right but arent, how come can you say other L1 will died out or not be noticed, well in fact there are lots of eth and bsc network transferring now to some L1. I believe that new L1 will thrived and hence I like the fees more on what I am using compare to eth projects.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2022, 07:36:22 AM

There will also be many failures of tokens issued in those layer 1 blockchain projects. The development teams of those projects might dump and leave the project or just leave and let the projects die. I also speculate that it might also be a similar occurrence in the NFT ecosystem. Teams will run out of money and leave.

Much of the gamefi ecosystem will also die with only a very few of those projects to survive. We are presently already witnessing this.

The projects that were created during the bull market will have their first token unlocks this year and next year which will cause more selling and dumping on their communities.

Also, the regulators will be coming and this will cause more fear and pressure within the cryptospace.
2022 was not good for all crypto market. many top projects especially layer1 projects are down much from ATH and with every dip the price down hard. Every month some bad news come in market which cause market down. Now fear rate is below 20 which is extreme fear. Although charts show that May is not bad for Bitcoin but still altcoin are suffering for months and will continue to down more of Bitcoin not stable for month

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
$anounimus$

Activity: 1750
Merit: 294

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
May 01, 2022, 08:02:31 AM

Bear markets are great for sifting the wheat from the chaff. I think the most likely victims of the next bear market will be projected for those that fail to meet expectations of scalability, proper development, and effective marketing.

I think that if the blockchain and NFT ecosystems are to continue to grow rapidly, projects need to look closely at how their projects are designed and ensure that they are designed as well as possible to meet these challenges.

The big news is the rules. The main reason for the next bear market is due to concerns about over-regulation and how this could affect the value of cryptocurrencies. The investors will be afraid to hold on and start selling their crypto holdings which will push the price lower.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Nivia1st

Activity: 821
Merit: 100

Volare.network

View Profile
May 01, 2022, 11:17:33 AM

Not really. Fantom and avalanche L1 community is still good. Hope you are right but arent, how come can you say other L1 will died out or not be noticed, well in fact there are lots of eth and bsc network transferring now to some L1. I believe that new L1 will thrived and hence I like the fees more on what I am using compare to eth projects.

you sure fantom is still good?
if their community is strong the FTM price should not be crushed like it is today. very big reduction compared to other L1 projects. this indicates that something is not good there. in just a short time fantom fell very deep.

killerfrost

Activity: 1974
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2022, 12:37:52 PM

We can be optimistic about the market but what is happening, it is also necessary to understand the easy money opportunities in this space that are becoming more and more difficult. The market from the beginning of 2022 until I see volatility is very complex, but I still think there will be a strong pump between now and the end of the year before going into the bear phase. There will be a lot of news coming up that will affect the economy as well as the market, so it is essential to be prepared for any eventuality.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1292

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
May 01, 2022, 12:47:52 PM

Are we not in the bear market yet?

I think we are already in the bear market, and just like in the past, bear market is not something we should panic because it's normal, instead, we have to fill our bags so we will be ready by the next bull run. The market cycle is going to happen, bear market, then bull run, just believe it will happen and you'll be okay.

If we see a price lower than $20k, I'm okay with that as I would remain optimistic that bitcoin will bounce back and create a new ATH again.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Vatimins

Activity: 987
Merit: 289

Blue0x.com

View Profile
May 01, 2022, 01:06:22 PM

If a massive drop really does happen like the past bear seasons, then what you're saying will most likely happen. People should be prepared although I am still bullish biased for this year. Have long position and buy orders on spot for bitcoin at 37500-37000. Of course with toght stoplosses. If those orders get filled and stoplesses get triggered, I'd be willing to book profits on my other altcoins and prepare to DCA btc and ethereum on spot while keeping an eye out for a reversal to buy back the altcoins I let go of. Plans in this industry don't go the way you want them to all the time so I am willing to adjust depending on the situation. Hope others are prepared as well wherever bitcoin goes after this month.

░░           ▒░     
      ░▒▓▓░           ░▒▒░░░ 
   ▒▓▓██▒░              ▒▓▒▒▒▒
 ▓█▓▓█▒                 ▒▒░░▒▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░              ░▒▒▒░░ ▒
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓█▒
   ░▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
       ░▒█▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒░  
        ░██████▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒    
         ███▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▒    
         ░██▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒░░   
           ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒░░    
             ▒▒▒▒▓▓▒░
|
|

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1219

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
May 01, 2022, 01:30:24 PM

Honestly, you just gave a gloomy description OP. Ruefully, that may be close to the truth anyway. I said close to it because I believe a great number of alts will disappear by the time this pending bear market explodes on us. However, whatever that happens I'm certain Bitcoin will still be here. It has died several times and resurrected. On a side note, I believe Polygon will still be here and doing well too when normalcy returns to the market.

A friend who doesn't like hodling Bitcoin told me that his $40k portfolio has already dipped to the $9k region, and the bear season seems like it's just starting. My projection early this year was that the bear season would end in the first quarters of 2022 but that's not the case now. It has spilled into the second quarters.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Davian144

Activity: 2520
Merit: 578

View Profile
May 01, 2022, 01:45:32 PM

you sure fantom is still good?
if their community is strong the FTM price should not be crushed like it is today. very big reduction compared to other L1 projects. this indicates that something is not good there. in just a short time fantom fell very deep.
For conditions like today, not only Fantom has experienced a very deep fall, but almost all altcoins have also experienced the same thing as Fantom, because a decline in Bitcoin can always trigger a decline for all altcoins in the market.
So it's not about having problems with Fantom, but simply because the market conditions are not good.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
May 01, 2022, 02:05:25 PM

That is a reality that with every bear market you would see a lot of projects selling off the tokens and leaving the project dead and dry leaving the investors and this time also i am expecting many projects dying off just like we used to see in the past. This time the trend is DeFi and NFT projects and you would see many dying off eventually.

I have seen some projects that are not transparent with their vesting details and how many coins they are releasing every schedule. Projects that are not transparent in those aspect should be in check as you never know whether they are selling of the tokens they are holding.
Husires
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1287

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2022, 03:16:50 PM

The bullish wave, which represents the growth of all sectors, will end, and some will remain. These are some represented in:

• Currencies that have a future: those that maintain a falling market by 50% to 80% and corrective quickly to be healthy growth.
  • Pumping coins: they will be with instantaneous rises because they are an attempt by the owners to flood the market with more.
  • Some of the currencies linked to the blockchain.
  • Growth of decentralized platforms: If they grow, some tokens will live on.
Coyster
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1248

Life's but a walking shadow!

View Profile
May 01, 2022, 04:04:44 PM

I think we are already in the bear market, and just like in the past, bear market is not something we should panic because it's normal, instead, we have to fill our bags so we will be ready by the next bull run. The market cycle is going to happen, bear market, then bull run, just believe it will happen and you'll be okay.
Are you talking solely about Bitcoin? If you are then you are correct, Bitcoin is a long term project and speculators on Bitcoin do not have to worry too much about correction periods/plunges/bear periods, just accumulate, hodl for the long run and somewhere along the line you would make ROI, but it just has to do with a lot of patience.

But having said that, OP is talking about altcoins, and you know many of them are short term projects/pump and dump coins/driven solely by hype, so you can't just keep accumulating or else you will run at a loss in the long run, most of them dump and do not rise again, quite a lot of them are only driven by hype, and once the hype is gone, so is the coin; altcoins are not meant to be held for too long and it is wrong to continue filling your bags with them, except you are ready to sell them in the short term. But i think you are talking about Bitcoin by the way.
kojektea

Activity: 2254
Merit: 256

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2022, 04:08:19 PM

What I'm afraid of in the next bear market is if the 2018 bear market returns or is even worse in the future. Either way, crytocurrencies have always surprised me in a positive way so far, as they continue to rise from time to time, what if 2018 were to repeat itself does that mean we really lost cryptocurrency, or we have to wait a few long years back with the global crisis. I just hope that doesn't happen and try to take every moment to prepare.
FirmWars

Activity: 229
Merit: 79

View Profile
May 01, 2022, 06:21:27 PM

I am buying Fantom anyways because I believe I can still make profits out of the project, layer 1 or not its not the end, top altcoins today can go down to under top 10 too we have seen that happend many times before.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2022, 04:31:46 AM

What is sad about these layer1 projects is that investors think that all these dumps are opportunity to buy at cheaper price. Nxt  is still around up to this day even when close to 10 years ago they were already here  like NEM.

I'm however not going to look at the top layer1 project to like the two, SOL, Matic or AVAX will likely going to continue to be used like ETH and BNB but some inferior ones might not survive when delisted.

I was one of the people who has speculated that Solana might be the Binance smart chain killer hehe. However, everyone I has witnessed how very wrong that prediction was. Solana has again suffered another outage that lasted for 7 hours. A platfrom like this where design weaknesses cause outages will not have longterm support from developers and users. Those VCs will also certainly dump their Solana tokens when their unlocks begin this year and they might never return.

Solana stakeholders rushed to right the network Saturday night after what one insider called “insane amount of data” flooded the proof-of-stake chain, knocking validators out of consensus and grinding still block production.

For reasons not yet clear, this swarm pushed validators out of consensus. Block production became impossible and the network went dark at 4:32 p.m. EST. By 11:00 p.m. EST, validators (coordinating through Solana’s Discord channels and a Google doc created by one of the validators) restarted the cluster at slot 131973970.

Unlike last September’s 17-hour outage, Saturday’s hard fork restart did not resolve with new-and-improved code populating across the validators. They simply picked up where the network flopped seven hours prior.

Source https://www.coindesk.com/tech/2022/05/01/solana-goes-dark-for-7-hours-as-bots-swarm-candy-machine-nft-minting-tool/