Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:32:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "NFTs are overrated, over valued and nothing but useless tech fetishism"  (Read 318 times)
Similificator (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
May 04, 2022, 06:10:06 AM

Is how people commonly take NFTs as.

And I'm like, really now?

Look, it is pretty obvious that as long as there is interest, there will be demand, and with demand, there will be traffic then money. This is what NFTs nowadays capitalize on. The hype of the "New Thing." Which are seen by close minded people as the title which is only the surface.
This is nothing too complicated but most still can't manage to see this.

What makes NFTs important and revolutionary is not just the art and the games that we see nowadays. There is so much more to NFTs than just that. While it is evident that crypto related games today are mostly ugly and are reliant on profits, it doesn't mean it'll stay like that forever. And the art? It won't be just the custom made apes and monkeys that aren't even that great to be appreciated as true art. How they skyrocket in prices is beyond me. But hey, each to his own, just as how anyone has their own fetishes. Just saying that if these type of arts are already being appreciated this much today, what more in the future?

The main point is that most people failed to take into consideration that the NFT industry is still in its infancy. Honestly, the way I see it, the huge potential of NFTs when it finally matures is unfathomable.

Things we should be excited about with the NFT industry in the coming years :

- Gaming : When games finally become truly fun and not only profitable. Which would rake in the multi billion dollar gaming industry outside the crypto space.

- Arts and multimedia :
* historical arts * - When historical arts like the starry night, Guernica etc., get approval from owners and museums to be produced as an NFT to reach many more people that appreciate its art and historical significance, it will be massive!

* Music and other media * - Just like how television and radio were over taken by smartphones and computers, multimedia NFTs will overtake the likes of Spotify, iTunes and other paid streaming services. Just a few days ago, I came across an article about the experience of a composer/musician in the world of NFTs and he has earned more than he has using these streaming apps. What's best is that artists like him doesn't have to surrender the rights to their works anymore. The guy is now making 85% of his living off NFTs. And he's just one of the many that are in the MultiMedia side of NFTs today plus there are more that are considering this alternative as well. In fact, here in my country a couple of celebrities/musicians/influencers have just coordinated with a developer and started a project where they create a platform that caters to artists and content creators that want to venture in the NFT space. Just imagine what'll happen if more celebrities decide to jump into these platforms in the coming years!

- Other utilities : Being used as tickets to concerts and more which already happened a few times already. Souvenirs from specific shops, memorabilia from iconic stars and athletes and so much more!

#Moral : Do not be easily satisfied with what you know. Do not close your doors to possibilities and be ready to throw some knowledge in order to make space for new and better ones.

- P.s. I may have missed some info but I think you guys pretty much understand the value of NFTs.

- PP.s. If you were interested with this topic, then come check this one as well : SocialFi Discussion Thread. I would really love to see your thoughts and would really appreciate them. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
legcramp

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 04, 2022, 06:16:31 AM

"* historical arts * - When historical arts like the starry night, Guernica etc., get approval from owners and museums to be produced as an NFT to reach many more people that appreciate its art and historical significance, it will be massive!"

Can you explain to me like I am five, the benefit in this example you mentioned if historical art pieces are produced as an NFT?
Similificator (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2022, 07:40:36 AM

Can you explain to me like I am five, the benefit in this example you mentioned if historical art pieces are produced as an NFT?

The benefits I can tell you now are:
- Being able to reach more people without having the trouble of traveling, like online exhibits for a specific group of people that have purchased rights to be on that event in the metaverse. (Of course, nothing beats seeing the actual pieces in person but as the metaverse gets more common these type of events will happen a lot. Specially at times like these when vaccination is required most of the time for travelling, non vaccinated people can still enjoy art.)

- Helping museums make ends meet at the times of pandemics such as Covid which is still affecting us to this day.

- Helping millennials become well aware of historical arts making way for historical knowledge and appreciation to be preserved and passed on easier compared to traditional ways of displaying and promoting historical arts.

There may actually be more benefits than what I have mentioned so apologies if those are the things that I can currently think of at the moment. And of course, there are also disadvantages but as this space matures, I believe that most of these disadvantages will get taken care of gradually.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 04, 2022, 11:53:25 AM

IMO, I believe it is! because for me NFTs are just like a collector's item or a form of digital art a collection of belongings, etc, and it has no utilization and further use cases that could be applied in the real-world application. that's why I don't get where the demand coming from.

Anyway, dont get me wrong, because not all NFTs are just like that, it depends on the NFT functions and purposes because some NFTs that are related to gaming like P2E and entertainment have an impact because the gaming industry is a big industry that's why we can presume that NFT's involve in gaming purposes has a huge potential to create a real-world demand.   
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 05, 2022, 01:06:54 PM

I cannot say that this would be 100% wrong. I mean you could say that it is a different reason, but at the end of the day there are some who will end up doing it just because it's a new tech stuff and no other reason. People keep arguing over how they feel and how they approach it and why this statement is wrong but that just shows how they approach it and not the general population.

I guess that useless tech fetishism is not really a bad term for what NFT is, considering all the insane amount of money spent on silly apes and cryptopunks and so forth, I would guess that tech fetishism doesn't really sound like a wrong term.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Similificator (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2022, 03:05:16 PM

Yes, as it is nowadays one can really say that NFTs right now are as what the title says. I even mentioned in the post how those custom made apes and monkeys skyrocketing in terms of hype prices is way beyond me. However, the title just portrays a shortsighted opinion about the NFT space. And so with this thread, I attempted to highlight the big potential of this new market and the great opportunities that may come along with it in the long run. Of course with the hopes of seeing some other opinions as well since I may also be wrong with what I am thinking. xD
aprilnot

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 06, 2022, 02:47:46 PM

- Gaming : When games finally become truly fun and not only profitable. Which would rake in the multi billion dollar gaming industry outside the crypto space.

- Arts and multimedia :
* historical arts * - When historical arts like the starry night, Guernica etc., get approval from owners and museums to be produced as an NFT to reach many more people that appreciate its art and historical significance, it will be massive!

* Music and other media * - Just like how television and radio were over taken by smartphones and computers, multimedia NFTs will overtake the likes of Spotify, iTunes and other paid streaming services. Just a few days ago, I came across an article about the experience of a composer/musician in the world of NFTs and he has earned more than he has using these streaming apps. What's best is that artists like him doesn't have to surrender the rights to their works anymore. The guy is now making 85% of his living off NFTs. And he's just one of the many that are in the MultiMedia side of NFTs today plus there are more that are considering this alternative as well. In fact, here in my country a couple of celebrities/musicians/influencers have just coordinated with a developer and started a project where they create a platform that caters to artists and content creators that want to venture in the NFT space. Just imagine what'll happen if more celebrities decide to jump into these platforms in the coming years!

- Other utilities : Being used as tickets to concerts and more which already happened a few times already. Souvenirs from specific shops, memorabilia from iconic stars and athletes and so much more!

actually we're heading there at this point. just look at the crypto gaming industry growing very fast, you can see axie project successful with their gaming platform. and it was only a matter of time until art, music, and other utilities adopted nft. recently I also heard a news about the Algorand project in collaboration with FIFA as a sponsor of the world cup. they said algorand will be their official blockchain for the duration of the event. and in one of the details they say about the development of NFT. In the future, it could be that fifa sells tickets using nft, or sells their digital merchandise also in nft form. all possibilities lead to it. So it means that the future you think about will soon become a reality.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1228

View Profile
May 06, 2022, 07:48:59 PM

Let's be honest, from all the aspects you are mentioning.

Do we really need NFTs or not? IMO, we don't need NFTs at all like the example of the case "Gaming" even Steam or some developer don't want their game using NFT. Like, we already bought the game and we must buy the item asset to play the game with potential risk of our asset.

To much things using NFTs, while the reality you don't need at all.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Razanm90

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2022, 09:59:50 PM

Is how people commonly take NFTs as.

And I'm like, really now?

Look, it is pretty obvious that as long as there is interest, there will be demand, and with demand, there will be traffic then money. This is what NFTs nowadays capitalize on. The hype of the "New Thing." Which are seen by close minded people as the title which is only the surface.
This is nothing too complicated but most still can't manage to see this.

What makes NFTs important and revolutionary is not just the art and the games that we see nowadays. There is so much more to NFTs than just that. While it is evident that crypto related games today are mostly ugly and are reliant on profits, it doesn't mean it'll stay like that forever. And the art? It won't be just the custom made apes and monkeys that aren't even that great to be appreciated as true art. How they skyrocket in prices is beyond me. But hey, each to his own, just as how anyone has their own fetishes. Just saying that if these type of arts are already being appreciated this much today, what more in the future?

The main point is that most people failed to take into consideration that the NFT industry is still in its infancy. Honestly, the way I see it, the huge potential of NFTs when it finally matures is unfathomable.

- Arts and multimedia :

#Moral : Do not be easily satisfied with what you know. Do not close your doors to possibilities and be ready to throw some knowledge in order to make space for new and better ones.

- P.s. I may have missed some info but I think you guys pretty much understand the value of NFTs.

- PP.s. If you were interested with this topic, then come check this one as well : SocialFi Discussion Thread. I would really love to see your thoughts and would really appreciate them. Smiley

I agree with you about the huge potential of NFTs. At present I see so much interesting NFT projects, but I'm more involved into the crypto game industry. I'm a gamer myself, so I find p2e games more exciting. You can just play the game and make money, which is great. Have you heard about the Reptile Chronicles project yet? I saw a tweet about this project a few days ago and was pleasantly surprised by the visuals of this game.
Scripture

Activity: 1303
Merit: 128

View Profile
May 06, 2022, 10:45:37 PM

Hype in cryptomarket is very common, I've been here for years now and every time there's a new in the market you can see the hype but with NFTs, it looks like a different scenario because of its utility though of course many NFTs are still useless and that's why they are not going to succeed on this market. The only huge hype that I've seen in NFT is about the art, but the other things are good for me. You have the option to ignore the hype of NFTs but for me, its worth to try.
Similificator (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2022, 02:58:14 AM

Do we really need NFTs or not? IMO, we don't need NFTs at all like the example of the case "Gaming" even Steam or some developer don't want their game using NFT. Like, we already bought the game and we must buy the item asset to play the game with potential risk of our asset.

Well, it depends entirely on a person's perspective and specially on the needs. Of course, at the time it didn't existed we did not need it same as crypto. But now that we have seen it and its potential to solve several problems, some people will really need it. A great example are the content creators and musicians that are turning into NFTs now. NFTs grants them full ownership of their work and be able to get the most out of their efforts. That in my opinion is a life saving utility of NFTs for them. And while the other utilities have not been fully understood or utilized well enough yet to their fullest potential, I believe that as time goes on, more utilities will be discovered and the existing ones would become fully understood and be able to improve even further.
malcovi2

Activity: 1238
Merit: 70

View Profile
May 07, 2022, 03:10:48 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2022, 10:45:57 AM by malcovi2

I really like the NFT's that are trying to make it a brand or somewhat a membership cards. I agree that it is filled with useless expensive nft but there are gems waiting to be discovered.

you fail to see the point where multiple games can use the items in their different games and the players has to do is to connect their metamask to prove ownership.

deathcode
Copper Member

Activity: 1428
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 07, 2022, 03:21:27 AM

so far not many music NFTs are packaged by musicians. I think this NFT can save the music industry from piracy. there are currently no worthy achievements for musicians. In the past, a musician was said to be successful when they managed to sell their songs or albums on a large scale. but now piracy is everywhere. Of course, it's costing musicians their finances.
with NFT, wouldn't there be no piracy for a work? Buyers will get original works from musicians.
I believe the development of NFT will not only grow rapidly for art and games. it all depends on how the community directs fans to enter the market.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
May 07, 2022, 07:30:40 AM

Well you have written it correctly. The market is opted with too much over rating. What was dreamt for artist is now become land of garbage with whatever that comes to existence is converted into NFT. I mean peeps are so much over excited towards NFT they are like find it interesting even if I’m posting picture of my inverted TV. (Just funny expression) but that’s the reality right now.

If you leave out few of the interesting arts out there, rest has become rush race of whose getting how much money for the garbage?
tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1655

To the Moon

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2022, 10:31:27 AM

"* historical arts * - When historical arts like the starry night, Guernica etc., get approval from owners and museums to be produced as an NFT to reach many more people that appreciate its art and historical significance, it will be massive!"

It will be very interesting to look at the result of the experiment "The Pyramid", which should find out whether the buyer will be able to distinguish the work of a real master from mediocre work, which is more on OpenSea. As part of this experiment, 13 well-known artists whose works are presented in the Guggenheim Galleries and in the Louvre will anonymously present their works to NFT. The experiment started at OpenSea on April 28 and its results will be available on https://pyramid.nftmasters.pro/

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Bitstar_coin

Activity: 2422
Merit: 693

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2022, 06:04:22 PM

If nft will be a thing, it won't happen within one year, anyone who is expecting to see huge success from nft for a short period of time is wasting time. This is a new niche in blockchain that requires a lot of time to develop. The interesting part of the nft space is it keeps attract more big names to join despite what some people think about it being a useless tech, i also don't think nft is useless, the space needs time to grow and then people will see the importance.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Iyeman

Activity: 1183
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 07, 2022, 11:17:50 PM

there is definitely bigger picture behind the NFT technology that some people just overlook, there is the underlying technology that’s revolutionary and many more.
it’s just some of these pessimistic people aren’t really fond of new technology and just consider new technology as some destructive, useless thing
after all some people just fears that they gonna get left by the technology and can’t catch up so spouting nonsense like trashing on new technology like NFT is kinda their coping mechanism for that.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
May 07, 2022, 11:29:05 PM

"Tech fetishism" - that's exactly how I would describe NFTs.

I don't think that they offer any more decentralisation than existing projects, in fact, they are probably less decentralised given how much focus the initial founding team has over the whitelist allocation process and the roadmap of the project.

It is undeniable that all of the projects out there right now are short term money-grabs and none of them have actual utility. The utility that stems from them are contrived at best like "being a part of an exclusive club" which you can do without any NFT involvement.
lornadane

Activity: 529
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 07, 2022, 11:41:14 PM

there is definitely bigger picture behind the NFT technology that some people just overlook, there is the underlying technology that’s revolutionary and many more.
it’s just some of these pessimistic people aren’t really fond of new technology and just consider new technology as some destructive, useless thing
after all some people just fears that they gonna get left by the technology and can’t catch up so spouting nonsense like trashing on new technology like NFT is kinda their coping mechanism for that.

Maybe only newbies think NFT is a bullshit mechanism.
We'd better see how far the development of NFT in the future and we'll see how many years NFT will last in the long term so that we can prove their doubts all this time.
Even though NFT technology is also as sophisticated as other blockchain technologies.
uneng

Activity: 2030
Merit: 778

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
May 07, 2022, 11:43:23 PM

I think that one above is the only useful usage for NFTs, as these items will work inside the game platform that is owned by a company, so piracy won't be possible, while in the case of audio and media's niches piracy will keep playing a big role, because there is no way to forbid people from copying the musics and videos, even though they are in NFT format, and re-posting it somewhere else and even commercializing it.

Art pieces aren't interesting as NFTs also, because it's just like searching for pictures of famous paintings on google and admiring it virtually. The pleasure of observing art is by doing this presentially.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄