Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:38:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Victory for cryto.  (Read 188 times)
Markinzo (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 41

View Profile
May 08, 2022, 06:49:24 AM

Twenty months after his running battle with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, cryptocurrency vendor Linus Williams Ifejika, aka Blord, has won his case in court.
Source:https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/bitcoin-vendor-blord-floors-efcc-in-court-wins-big/amp/

When I came across this story, what I read really hit me pretty hard but at the end I was really impressed and motivated.

I was impressed in the zeal and courage of this young man to fight for his right  even in an environment that's anti-crypto, where the laws and government ain't crypto friendly. Still he never gave up despite the years it took to fighting the government agency for the unlawful fraud allegation he was accused of.

I strongly believe this victory isn't just for him alone but to all his followers in his home-country, on his crypto blogg and everyone that's into cryptocurrency trading. And that's the more reason I felt it necessary to share in this news.

As a cryptocurrency trader, always keep your records straight and clean, avoid any online businesses that might implicate you in the nearest future, only trade that which is legit and profitable so should such incident as this arise you can always boldly stand to challenge the unfriendly system.

Your success does not only affects you positively but also has a great influence in the reputation of other cryptocurrency traders.

Congratulations to this young fellow and crypto world   Grin ,shame to the government.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Marvelman

Activity: 994
Merit: 137

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 08, 2022, 07:05:51 AM

Congratulations to this young fellow and crypto world   Grin ,shame to the government.

I am not familiar with this case. What did he do and what was he accused of?
As far as I understand he is a crypto investor, is cryptocurrency trading illegal in Nigeria?

cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315

View Profile
May 08, 2022, 08:14:04 AM

I was impressed in the zeal and courage of this young man to fight for his right  even in an environment that's anti-crypto, where the laws and government ain't crypto friendly. Still he never gave up despite the years it took to fighting the government agency for the unlawful fraud allegation he was accused of.
Actually if your alibi really does a strong affluent then you can win a trial in any case. Most government will take advantage of some people with their stunt on crypto but of course there is a case to case basis where the other party could emphasize and win it by such facts and evidence. It would take years but the fight might be on his advantage and favor.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Upgrade00
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 2173

Professional Community manager

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2022, 08:25:31 AM
Merited by Marvelman (1)

As far as I understand he is a crypto investor, is cryptocurrency trading illegal in Nigeria?
Cryptocurrency trading is not particularly illegal, the only law is that which bans Banks from mediating in crypto transactions.
About what he did, probably nothing illegal, in a country like Nigeria, the border between rule of law and arbitrary actions from security operatives is murkied and one can be arrested and charged over mere suspicions; Reason for the nation wide protests about two years ago against a particular security sect which were know to victimize citizens, especially youths. You could try googling EndSars protest, there's a thread about it on the forum too.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
GEMIN_M4

Activity: 237
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 08, 2022, 09:08:29 AM

What is he accused of doing? Is he part of the end sars protest funding? I don't expect that to be traceable, anyway we just need to be careful around who we are buying bitcoin from, not all Bitcoin transactions are clean, imagine an hacker sell stolen BTC to you lol, this can land you into problem isn't it.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
Alisha-k

Activity: 840
Merit: 23

View Profile
May 08, 2022, 09:32:15 AM

Twenty months after his running battle with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, cryptocurrency vendor Linus Williams Ifejika, aka Blord, has won his case in court.
Source:https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/bitcoin-vendor-blord-floors-efcc-in-court-wins-big/amp/

When I came across this story, what I read really hit me pretty hard but at the end I was really impressed and motivated.

I strongly believe this victory isn't just for him alone but to all his followers in his home-country, on his crypto blogg and everyone that's into cryptocurrency trading. And that's the more reason I felt it necessary to share in this news.

As a cryptocurrency trader, always keep your records straight and clean, avoid any online businesses that might implicate you in the nearest future, only trade that which is legit and profitable so should such incident as this arise you can always boldly stand to challenge the unfriendly system.

Your success does not only affects you positively but also has a great influence in the reputation of other cryptocurrency traders.

If I can still recall Nigeria banned crypto currency in the country and although the never made any other contrary statement about it avoer time it is wise for crypto deals to remain as anonymous as possible to avoid going against the law. If you must embrace crypto it shouldn't be at the expense of your human right and going against the government policies. I think a cases like this get victory with heavy bribe to accompany it. Crypto shouldn't be presented as a source of income in Nigeria to protect your own interest make it as hidden as possible for the sake of what you believe and know about crypto so you don't lose your coin and key

center]██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██[/center]
Markinzo (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 41

View Profile
May 08, 2022, 11:24:09 AM

That's why I dropped the source link in the thread, using the link you will get familiarized with the whole case.

Husires
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1285

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2022, 12:07:19 PM

When you are trying to stand in law against the court the sack will take the punches and then you have to have the money to continue the case as you have not done anything illegal which is very difficult thing.

Congratulations to this person, the court battle is long, but he will restore the right to you if all the papers you own are sound and your legal position is correct.

How is his win is a victory for all crypto?  Huh

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
WellRozey

Activity: 23
Merit: 21

View Profile
May 08, 2022, 12:09:36 PM

Winning a case in the court doesn't mean the accuser is clean, in some cases only God can be the judge on all our deeds in this world, courts? Hm lol many criminals got there and still walk away with no single blame on them.
JoyMarsha

Activity: 812
Merit: 351

View Profile
May 08, 2022, 12:39:23 PM
Merited by Upgrade00 (2), Davidvictorson (2), BIT-BENDER (1)

Why he was able to win the case is because he knows his right and also has money to back it up.  If he has no money he won't be able to afford a good lawyer, talk more of winning or suing the EFCC government.
Lack of money has caused so many injustices in the society we live in. Denying human beings' rights and health because of no money or backup. It's not like people don't know what to do when the government invade their privacy or properties by going contrary to their line of duty, it's just that the system will frustrate you if you don't have money to make your case. It's a big win for him, recovering all his seize assets by the EFCC

Ladies.de███████████████
████▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████
████████████████
▐████████████████▌
░████████████
░███
███████████████
▐████
██████████████▌
░█████
██████████████
██▀███████
█████████▀
███████████████████
██████████████████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
LadiesStars
▬▬▬▬

██████▀█████████
███████▀███████▌
█████████████
██████████████████▄
█████████▐█
█████
██████████████████▌
███████▄██████████
███████████████
████▄█████████
████████████████▌
████████▀░███████
░█████▀█████████
████▀██████████
Smartvirus
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1110

View Profile
May 08, 2022, 06:49:26 PM

@OP, I think the topic is not fully developed and a detail to the case should be given off. The story is rather sketchy, built around government, an individual and crypto trader. The cause and facts to the case where not really spilled and makes it hard to understand. You might want yo drop a reference link that could be clicked and redirects users to the detialed case as a lead or clarifier or perhaps, add more detail to OP. It would help as not to live users with a shabby idea of the storyline.

Mean while, the Nigerian government isn't entirely welcoming of the cryptocurrency innovation. In fact, it is at a point where you get queries for having a crypto related app on your device. In most instances, your immediately linked with fraud and prosecuted. Making most legitimate crypto investors to question there rights to a legitimate crypto business.

It's a welcome development indeed that this particular individual could go on a case against the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, a government agency for fighting fraud and won. Its good news for every legitimate crypto investor in Nigeria as,

1. Builds a reference case for crypto traders/investors in the legal field
2. Serves as an encouragement for cryptoprenuers in the nation state
3. Points a part to building a case, the importance of keeping records and the need to be clean in business
4. Also, it shows the transparency of the law and that's reaffirming

There could be more to this case as, building a case against the government and winning would require resources and supports from various individuals and organisations. To all the parties involved in ensuring that the case was free and fair, thanks for giving Nigerian legitimate crypto investors hope.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
SatoPrincess

Activity: 980
Merit: 703

View Profile
May 08, 2022, 09:21:49 PM

I’m not familiar with this case. Reading the stories online, I don’t see how this is a win for crypto as your title suggests. The individual is not a known name in crypto nor is he an activist. This case is insignificant to crypto. There may be a tiny possibility the accused could be guilty of whatever charges against him, the court can be manipulated by very good lawyers.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Jawhead999
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1156

View Profile
May 09, 2022, 12:57:08 AM

This guy is a Nigerian and Nigeria didn't banned the use of Bitcoin, only Nigerian Banks banned any transaction related with Bitcoin [1] The another thing is he's not an average joe, he have a strong influence about Bitcoin with his luxury lifestyle. If you're an average joe, I believe you wouldn't won against government since you don't have enough people to support you unlike Blord. A successful trader doesn't always publish his journey, if they didn't publish it no one will know and won't influence anything.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cryptocurrency_by_country_or_territory#Nigeria

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
maikrothaman

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

PandoraCash.com anonymous money

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2022, 09:38:13 AM

I feel like cryptocurrency is the future and can't be stopped. I really respect the government's decision to tax cryptocurrencies. Therefore, cryptocurrency can be a very good source of income for the government and also give a huge boost to our economy.

They believe that the rise of Bitcoin and other digital currencies will have a profound impact on financial systems around the world and on central bank practices, and that they have the potential to play an increasingly important role in the entire financial system.

Pandora Cash is the bitcoin killer
Untraceable, anonymous e-cash money
Private assets, unlinkable transactions, anonymous marketplace
Smartvirus
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1110

View Profile
May 09, 2022, 10:02:34 PM

I’m not familiar with this case. Reading the stories online, I don’t see how this is a win for crypto as your title suggests. The individual is not a known name in crypto nor is he an activist. This case is insignificant to crypto. There may be a tiny possibility the accused could be guilty of whatever charges against him, the court can be manipulated by very good lawyers.
Perhaps your not getting it but, its pretty much related to crypto as, the query was based on a fraud allegation against him to have transacted in cryptos. You know, they never get to believe someone can be involved in crypto and not be fraudulent. This case proved otherwise and have got some backings.

When it comes to court being manipulated, I guess the same would have gone if the government did win the case (it still would be said to have been manipulated by some good lawyers). There is no perfect system in the world and as such, we could only try to be fair when we can. There is no one more richer than the government. Somehow, this individual managed to pull resources to push his case though and with a transparent record to back it up.

I don't see why, this isn't a win for both cryptos and for the citizens to have some faith in the judicial system.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x