Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:13:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: why is russia putting everthing on the line for this war?  (Read 143 times)
StanCrypt (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 08, 2022, 07:38:37 AM

To be really honest, I don't believe Russia expected things to be this difficult or that they would face so much backlash. Russia has been conquering and harassing foreign countries for, well, forever . They've gone in, taken power, and carved off portions of half a dozen countries with almost no resistance from their military and little pushback from the West. They appear to have thought that assaulting Ukraine in 2022 as they did in 2014 would be the same as before. They had no reason to believe that this would be any different than Georgia, Moldova, Syria, Kyrgyzstan, Chechnya, or any other country where they have used force to impose their will.

At first, this war seemed to be the sole agenda of Putin, but from the looks of things, i think this war is supported by his government and even as his forces struggle on the ground in Ukraine after more than a month of battle, the Russian leader's approval rating is growing. A large majority of respondents 69 percent, says Russia is heading in the right way, up from just over half in February. A fifth of those polled believe the country is on the wrong track. The center's survey, which is widely regarded as one of Russia's only trustworthy pollsters and was included in the country's register of noncommercial groups serving as foreign agents years ago, reached 1,632 Russian adults during a week in late March according to the latest poll.
with all these in view, is russia just being a relentless bully?.They are clearly putting everthing on the line for this war. WHY?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alisha-k

Activity: 840
Merit: 23

View Profile
May 08, 2022, 09:25:14 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2022, 03:11:43 PM by Alisha-k

I might not know much about their past dealings with other countries but the recent event with Ukraine is becoming more like a notional war. It's no longer the Putin idea as I used to think. National interest is gradually setting in and their cheif of staff, government officials and Influential citizens are gradually getting individual interest, it is no longer the usually fear of Ukraine joining NATO as presented to the public by Putin

center]██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██[/center]
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
May 08, 2022, 12:32:13 PM

Russia didn't expect the international response nor did they expect such high resistance from the Ukrainians. This was supposed to be easy. Putin is also approaching senility. When has a dementia ridden leader been successful at war?
CryptocurencyKing

Activity: 1288
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 08, 2022, 03:42:09 PM

In response to the thread subject, I think the answer is very much simple and the same everywhere. The reason why, every true compatriot would put out everything in line for there country (that's if you still believe in your country) and that is, to guide or protect your nation from both external and international crisis.
It's the same reason why the Ukrainians can't allow there sovereignty to be ride upon by even the leaders of the Soviet Union. For these, they remain defiant in the face of terror and would continue to push until the peace that once was reigns. I think both nation loosed it too quick before they could come to an understanding, with each being one sided to the course but, I think they could retrace there steps to bring peace back to Ukraine and Russia.

While the armies go out to wage wars, the religious cleric prays, let's do the best we can to help both nations find peace through the values that stays true between both nations. War is an enemy for all men alike!
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
May 08, 2022, 04:03:58 PM

Russia was a erstwhile superpower, It has a legacy of czarist rule of centuries. It still carry the same cultural values. Ukraine was once a part of USSR was a part of sphere of influence for Russia. Russia can never expect it to go into the arms of NATO. Expansion of NATO in the immediate sphere of influence of Russia was bound to have a backlash from Russia. So it happened. Yes this will weaken Russia in long run, but the real losers are common Ukrainians who lost everything they ever earned. I feel sorry for them. 
suzanne5223

Activity: 2604
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2022, 07:33:07 PM

is russia just being a relentless bully?.
I don't know if you guys noticed that after the Covid-19 which lead to the total lockdown and economic meltdown happened a lot of things have changed globally. A different set of countries learn how to support each other and I believe this is what led to the international support Ukraine gets from other countries.
Yes, the Russians expect their invasion of the Ukrainian to be piece of cake and they will do everything possible to make them submit to their command.

They are clearly putting everthing on the line for this war. WHY?
Because of their political understanding/error, Russian sees their neighbor countries NATO as a way to dethrone them or launch an attack on them. According to NATO rules, if an attack launches on countries thats under the NATO umbrella it's considered an attack on NATO itself, and the Russian government doesn't want this to happen.

Majestic-milf

Activity: 798
Merit: 589

View Profile
May 09, 2022, 06:37:16 AM

To be really honest, I don't believe Russia expected things to be this difficult or that they would face so much backlash. Russia has been conquering and harassing foreign countries for, well, forever . They've gone in, taken power, and carved off portions of half a dozen countries with almost no resistance from their military and little pushback from the West. They appear to have thought that assaulting Ukraine in 2022 as they did in 2014 would be the same as before. They had no reason to believe that this would be any different than Georgia, Moldova, Syria, Kyrgyzstan, Chechnya, or any other country where they have used force to impose their will.

At first, this war seemed to be the sole agenda of Putin, but from the looks of things, i think this war is supported by his government and even as his forces struggle on the ground in Ukraine after more than a month of battle, the Russian leader's approval rating is growing. A large majority of respondents 69 percent, says Russia is heading in the right way, up from just over half in February. A fifth of those polled believe the country is on the wrong track. The center's survey, which is widely regarded as one of Russia's only trustworthy pollsters and was included in the country's register of noncommercial groups serving as foreign agents years ago, reached 1,632 Russian adults during a week in late March according to the latest poll.
with all these in view, is russia just being a relentless bully?.They are clearly putting everthing on the line for this war. WHY?

I think the term "bully" doesn't just do it, I feel power freak should serve. Looking at the countries they have plagued in the past, it goes to show how unsatisfied and controlling they can be. I feel Putin did not see the fact that countries will rise and support Ukraine as the case of the US is. At least, 280 tanks have been destroyed all thanks to the US javelin missile.
 Will he achieve what he has set out to do in Ukraine as he has done in the other countries? I'm not so certain.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
lumbanrang

Activity: 361
Merit: 10

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
May 09, 2022, 02:43:23 PM

Most likely because Russia wants to control Ukraine and at the same time wants to show the world that they still have the power even to fight the Americans and their allies.

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2022, 08:43:45 PM

One of reasons of such poll results is that most Russian people don't see real image, they're brainwashed by Russian propaganda and they think that war or special military operation how they call it is right thing. It's fight against nazis and preventing Ukraine from joining evil NATO.
But I don't think that they putting everything on the line. If they will announce mass mobilisation, then it will be everything.

Russia didn't expect the international response nor did they expect such high resistance from the Ukrainians. This was supposed to be easy. Putin is also approaching senility. When has a dementia ridden leader been successful at war?
Yeah, I doubt that Russia expected such reaction from West. They probably expected typical ''we're deeply concerned'' messages. like when world didn't reacted when Russia invaded Georgia, or something similar what happened in 2014 when Russia occupied Crimea and started conflict in Donbas and these sanction which were imposed then wasn't painful at all.

Sayeds56
Copper Member

Activity: 1288
Merit: 707

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 10, 2022, 10:26:29 AM

It is true that Russia wanted to win this war within few days and didn't expect it to prolong for so many days/months. This is very old saying that it is easy to initiate the war but hard dif to end it becuase once initiated it doesn't remain in the control of the people who started it. It will end when new balance of power will be created which is not likely to  happen to soon in the context of current situation of war.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀