Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:52:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't make a big mistake miners  (Read 371 times)
Coinfarm ventures

Activity: 182
Merit: 152

View Profile
May 10, 2022, 03:15:14 PM

Why would anyone rent a warehouse for crypto mining? 2000$ per month you say?
Because that's the only way to operate more than 100-200 video cards. The warehouse would hold 1000+ cards.
MidNite36

Activity: 208
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2022, 03:35:52 PM

Because that's the only way to operate more than 100-200 video cards. The warehouse would hold 1000+ cards.
Holy mother of Mary  Cheesy You are one crazy fella 😆, no wonder you mentioned a warehouse lol, I think this move is easy for you because you have been around since the last bear market, you have come to understand that a bear market is the best time to gather those yummy altcoins, hehe I am sure you will have a success story to share on here by 2025 👍, Rock on Fella.
0verseer

Activity: 480
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 10, 2022, 04:06:00 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2022, 04:52:13 PM by 0verseer

Paying $2,000 just for cheap electricity at 2-3 cent per kWh, right? So it was more because of that location has cheaper electricity so you rather base your rigs there instead of at home. Still, $2,000 for 100-200 video cards, if you set it up under 8 cards per rig, that is only around 12.5 to 25 mining rigs. If it wasn't for the cheap electricity, I don't think any warehouse could demand a rent fee of $2,000 just to park 12.5-25 mining rigs there. That's like asking $160-$80 per mining rig. Insane price since local warehouses in my country only takes less than $15 for 1 mining rig, electricity price at 8 cent per kWh.
Coinfarm ventures

View Profile
May 10, 2022, 04:57:22 PM

Holy mother of Mary  Cheesy You are one crazy fella 😆, no wonder you mentioned a warehouse lol, I think this move is easy for you because you have been around since the last bear market, you have come to understand that a bear market is the best time to gather those yummy altcoins, hehe I am sure you will have a success story to share on here by 2025 👍, Rock on Fella.
I did start a warehouse with 200 cards back in early 2018, but it went bankrupt when a big investor quit and we only received 200 cards instead of 1200 cards. The warehouse had enough power capacity to hold 3000 GPUs while the rent was $3500/month. Total hashrate was 5 Gh/s. This would equal 10 Gh today, as video cards were half as powerful back then.

I learned many lessons from that failure, so I will keep trying. I did find a few people who want to invest in an operation that size, but we need to wait until the right time to do it. $400 for an RTX 3060 is still too expensive. It needs to be MSRP or lower before we think about getting the warehouse.

Paying $2,000 just for cheap electricity at 2-3 cent per kWh, right?
No, the power cost would be 6-7 cents while the effective rent per kWh would be 2-3 cents. Let's say the warehouse has 125 kW of capacity, which is 90000 kWh per month. $2000 rent / 90000 = 2.2¢ per kWh. So the total operating cost is 8.2-9.2¢. Obviously, the more power the site can handle, the more cards we can fit, so the lower the operating cost/kWh.

If it wasn't for the cheap electricity, I don't think any warehouse could demand a rent fee of $2,000 just to park 12.5-25 mining rigs there. That's like asking $160-$80 per mining rig. Insane price since local warehouses in my country only takes less than $15 for 1 mining rig, electricity price at 8 cent per kWh.
What I said was that 100-200 video cards is the maximum most people in the U.S. can run in a residential house with a 200A 240v electric panel. Anything more requires a warehouse. Datacenter colocation isn't possible because it costs at least 13¢/kWh.
FirmWars

Activity: 239
Merit: 79

View Profile
May 10, 2022, 06:13:32 PM

Holy mother of Mary  Cheesy You are one crazy fella 😆, no wonder you mentioned a warehouse lol, I think this move is easy for you because you have been around since the last bear market, you have come to understand that a bear market is the best time to gather those yummy altcoins, hehe I am sure you will have a success story to share on here by 2025 👍, Rock on Fella.
I did start a warehouse with 200 cards back in early 2018, but it went bankrupt when a big investor quit and we only received 200 cards instead of 1200 cards. The warehouse had enough power capacity to hold 3000 GPUs while the rent was $3500/month. Total hashrate was 5 Gh/s. This would equal 10 Gh today, as video cards were half as powerful back then.

I learned many lessons from that failure, so I will keep trying. I did find a few people who want to invest in an operation that size, but we need to wait until the right time to do it. $400 for an RTX 3060 is still too expensive. It needs to be MSRP or lower before we think about getting the warehouse.

Paying $2,000 just for cheap electricity at 2-3 cent per kWh, right?
No, the power cost would be 6-7 cents while the effective rent per kWh would be 2-3 cents. Let's say the warehouse has 125 kW of capacity, which is 90000 kWh per month. $2000 rent / 90000 = 2.2¢ per kWh. So the total operating cost is 8.2-9.2¢. Obviously, the more power the site can handle, the more cards we can fit, so the lower the operating cost/kWh.

If it wasn't for the cheap electricity, I don't think any warehouse could demand a rent fee of $2,000 just to park 12.5-25 mining rigs there. That's like asking $160-$80 per mining rig. Insane price since local warehouses in my country only takes less than $15 for 1 mining rig, electricity price at 8 cent per kWh.
What I said was that 100-200 video cards is the maximum most people in the U.S. can run in a residential house with a 200A 240v electric panel. Anything more requires a warehouse. Datacenter colocation isn't possible because it costs at least 13¢/kWh.
Sounds like you aren't the only one running the farm or you use someone's fund to build the farm, that could be a good plan but I cant say if its good right now in a bear market, I think your plan was the bear market after all.

Cheaper graphic cards
More hashrate
Cheap electricity

It seems now is the best time to start, I get you.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
kaya11

Activity: 1316
Merit: 110

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 10, 2022, 07:02:51 PM

That depends on a person point of view,if for example one believes that in the long run the price of the coins will increase then those persons will disagree with your statement while many people who became afraid and turn off their rigs when price goes down then those will agree with you.Personally I am one of the persons who believe in a big recovery after such a massive crash of Bitcoin price.If the price of cards go down I am get a couple more to increase my hashrate further.

These miners do not have the courage to do it and have never learned their lessons. Or maybe they don't have the money cover up their electric bills to continue mining on bear markets. I once shut off my rig when bear came and I regret that decision and now I am not doing it again. So mine until your cards die.

Coinfarm ventures

View Profile
May 10, 2022, 10:02:33 PM

Cheaper graphic cards
More hashrate
Cheap electricity

It seems now is the best time to start, I get you.
I don't think it's a good time to start right now because BTC price just crashed, while it hasn't been reflected in video card prices yet. Once GPUs go to MSRP I will consider it. Even then, I will leave half the warehouse empty; leaving room to hopefully buy cards at even cheaper prices later on.

Buying GPUs cheaper definitely means more hashrate, but that only works if revenue > operating cost.

I once shut off my rig when bear came and I regret that decision and now I am not doing it again. So mine until your cards die.
Same here. I should've saved up half the Ethers I mined in 2016, when diff was extremely low. I should've built more rigs in early 2019.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1056

View Profile
May 11, 2022, 08:30:47 PM

When you earn enough money, don't buy your sneakers from STEPN and don't participate in such projects. Better buy a graphics card instead of running shoes because it's a safer investment. If you still want to participate in some kind of promoted project, then do not spend more than $ 100 Smiley
Coinfarm ventures

View Profile
May 11, 2022, 10:21:23 PM

When you earn enough money, don't buy your sneakers from STEPN and don't participate in such projects. Better buy a graphics card instead of running shoes because it's a safer investment. If you still want to participate in some kind of promoted project, then do not spend more than $ 100 Smiley
I think a tophat, cane and monocle are better investments if one makes money from crypto
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: