Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:56:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Accidentally sent btc to bsv address please help me  (Read 1028 times)
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2020, 07:17:27 AM
Merited by Heisenberg_Hunter (2), vapourminer (1), DdmrDdmr (1)

--snip--
Thaks u sir i try contact the bittrex but my english so bad so hard to communicate

If it's really problematic, you can always point them towards this thread... It should explain everything that needs to be said:

Abra wallet is using their (bittrex's) api to create new deposit addresses (and probably to process withdrawals aswell).
You used Abra's wallet and created a new BSV deposit address.
You sent BTC to this BSV address
If they (bittrex) import the private key that was used to generate the BSV address into a BTC wallet, they'll be able to give you a partial refund (it would be acceptable if they charged you a couple hundred bucks to pay their engineer to perform these steps).

So, you'll basically need Abra to confirm that the BSV deposit address created with their api was shown to you so you could deposit BSV, then you'll need bittrex's staff to send you your funds back.

To be honest, i have no idear if abra is going to be willing to acknowledge this to bittrex, nor do i know if bittrex would be willing to export private keys from a BSV node and import them into a BTC node. Some exchanges do this for free, others charge a nominal fee, some won't help you at all... It's a roll of the dice, but if i were faced with this situation, at least i'd try to get my funds back.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2020, 07:20:52 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

I guess the solution is halfway through. I just received a mail from Abra support team stating that the BSV wallet is being controlled by Bittrexx and here is a copy of the same.

Quote from: Abra Support
As you accidentally sent BTC to a BSV, our team is investigating.

Currently, all altcoin (including BSV) is handled by Bittrex. When you deposit BSV into your Abra wallet, this is handled by Bittrex and reflects in your wallet.

Although you attempted to send to deposit BTC to your Abra wallet, you did not send it to your BTC address. You instead sent BTC to a BSV address and Abra does not natively support BSV. Abra only natively supports BTC, LTC, BCH and ETH.

Please be sure to only send funds to the corresponding address in order to prevent this from happening in the future.

It's unlikely these funds will be recoverable but our engineering team is looking into this for you. Once we have an update we'll be sure to reach back out.

Once we have an update from our engineering team, we'll be sure to reach back out.

@mocacinno Here is the further evidence to backup what the Abra team said were right

At this time, Abra only natively supports withdrawing to Bitcoin (BTC), Litecoin (LTC), and Bitcoin cash (BCH), Ethereum (ETH) addresses from the app. Meaning if you withdraw these cryptocurrencies you will incur a network fee from their network.

...snip...

Anytime a withdraw is done for an altcoin you will be charged a bitcoin network fee plus a Bittrex withdraw  fee. As we do not natively support our altcoins at this time, they are still synthetic within the Abra app. When a withdraw is initiated for an altcoin the underlying currency is still bitcoin, thus you will be charged the bitcoin network fee. In the background, Abra is using Bittrex to exchange BTC for the altcoin you are withdrawing. Bittrex charges a withdrawal fee. Due to this, the Bittrex fee is passed to you the user.

...snip...

P.S @Macmacmac0020 ask the Abra Support Team for help and speak with Bittrex as mocacinno said since you have approximately sent $3500. Meanwhile I will just wait for the confirmation from Abra Engineering Team and see to that if it is of some help to you.  Smiley
Macmacmac0020 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2020, 07:24:58 AM

I guess the solution is halfway through. I just received a mail from Abra support team stating that the BSV wallet is being controlled by Bittrexx and here is a copy of the same.

Currently, all altcoin (including BSV) is handled by Bittrex. When you deposit BSV into your Abra wallet, this is handled by Bittrex and reflects in your wallet.

Although you attempted to send to deposit BTC to your Abra wallet, you did not send it to your BTC address. You instead sent BTC to a BSV address and Abra does not natively support BSV. Abra only natively supports BTC, LTC, BCH and ETH.

Please be sure to only send funds to the corresponding address in order to prevent this from happening in the future.

It's unlikely these funds will be recoverable but our engineering team is looking into this for you. Once we have an update we'll be sure to reach back out.

Once we have an update from our engineering team, we'll be sure to reach back out.

@mocacinno Here is the further evidence to backup what the Abra team said were right

At this time, Abra only natively supports withdrawing to Bitcoin (BTC), Litecoin (LTC), and Bitcoin cash (BCH), Ethereum (ETH) addresses from the app. Meaning if you withdraw these cryptocurrencies you will incur a network fee from their network.

...snip...

Anytime a withdraw is done for an altcoin you will be charged a bitcoin network fee plus a Bittrex withdraw  fee. As we do not natively support our altcoins at this time, they are still synthetic within the Abra app. When a withdraw is initiated for an altcoin the underlying currency is still bitcoin, thus you will be charged the bitcoin network fee. In the background, Abra is using Bittrex to exchange BTC for the altcoin you are withdrawing. Bittrex charges a withdrawal fee. Due to this, the Bittrex fee is passed to you the user.

...snip...

P.S @Macmacmac0020 ask the Abra Support Team for help and speak with Bittrex as mocacinno said since you have approximately sent $3500. Meanwhile I will just wait for the confirmation from Abra Engineering Team and see to that if it is of some help to you.  Smiley

Thanks to all of u who help me if i recover my fund we will party party hehehe
Macmacmac0020 (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2020, 07:48:55 AM

So this message is from abra ? They told me not recoverable .
Macmacmac0020 (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2020, 08:21:52 AM

Can i say this message to abra support ?

If it's really problematic, you can always point them towards this thread... It should explain everything that needs to be said:

Abra wallet is using their (bittrex's) api to create new deposit addresses (and probably to process withdrawals aswell).
If they (bittrex) import the private key that was used to generate the BSV address into a BTC wallet, they'll be able to give you a partial refund (it would be acceptable if they charged you a couple hundred bucks to pay their engineer to perform these steps).

So, you'll basically need Abra to confirm that the BSV deposit address created with their api was shown to you so you could deposit BSV, then you'll need bittrex's staff to send you your funds back.

To be honest, i have no idear if abra is going to be willing to acknowledge this to bittrex, nor do i know if bittrex would be willing to export private keys from a BSV node and import them into a BTC node. Some exchanges do this for free, others charge a nominal fee, some won't help you at all... It's a roll of the dice, but if i were faced with this situation, at least i'd try to get my funds back.
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2020, 08:36:28 AM

I'd just send them a link to this thread instead... Since Heisenberg_Hunter has actually re-created your problem, they'll even be able to ask additional questions if they want to.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Macmacmac0020 (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2020, 08:42:01 AM

I'd just send them a link to this thread instead... Since Heisenberg_Hunter has actually re-created your problem, they'll even be able to ask additional questions if they want to.

Oh abra can read this thread sir?
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2020, 08:49:01 AM

--snip---

Oh abra can read this thread sir?

yes... They can. If they want to ask extra questions they can create a free account, if they just want to read these posts they can do so without registering an account.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2020, 10:27:35 AM
Merited by mocacinno (1), DdmrDdmr (1)

So this message is from abra ?
Yes I have copied the contents of the mail which I received. They are indeed saying the truth and they most probably don't have the private keys associated with your BSV wallet. So bittrex is your only option to recover the funds.

They told me not recoverable
Check this

They are just trying it out and they aren't really sure if the funds are recoverable.

P.S @Macmacmac0020 Please pay attention before sending funds again to addresses and use a open source wallet like Electrum (for PC) and Mycelium (for Mobile) to store your funds in future instead of wallets like Abra, Blockchain.info and other web wallets.
Macmacmac0020 (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 11:40:39 AM

Any updates sir?
MancyZz

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 07:22:52 PM

Accidentally sent btc to bsv address please help me
Please help me to recover my btc please
are you sure? you can contact customer service of the exchange if you use the exchange. it difficult case because ussually in the wallet always write that "only send BSV to this address if you send another balance you will lose them" . for the right now you should calling the customer service or make ticket about this issue and i hope can fixed as soon as possible.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Taskford

Activity: 2534
Merit: 786

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 11:52:12 PM

Any updates sir?

Don't ask for updates here since no one can help you out since they are not the support of particular platform where you send your funds and better you follow up to the proper support so that you will be help and also ask their opinion about the  situation so that you can get a clear inputs on what is currently going, Follow the advice given and you will be good.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Macmacmac0020 (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 02:04:59 AM

Accidentally sent btc to bsv address please help me
Please help me to recover my btc please
are you sure? you can contact customer service of the exchange if you use the exchange. it difficult case because ussually in the wallet always write that "only send BSV to this address if you send another balance you will lose them" . for the right now you should calling the customer service or make ticket about this issue and i hope can fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks sir
guigui371
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1693

C.D.P.E.M

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 02:50:31 AM
Merited by mocacinno (1), Heisenberg_Hunter (1)

~~
. Some exchanges do this for free, others charge a nominal fee, some won't help you at all... It's a roll of the dice, but if i were faced with this situation, at least i'd try to get my funds back.

Hey I found this online :
Source : https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000961172-Bittrex-s-Deposit-Recovery-Policy

Bittrex will attempt to recover funds which fall under three scenarios.
Crosschain Deposits
Removed Wallet Token Recovery
Unsupported ERC20 Token Recovery
=> OK GOOD

Not all deposits can be recovered and the time frame of recovery is at our discretion.

Please allow up to 30 days for recovery once payment has been received and confirmed.
=> you mighgt need to pay upfront ??

Crosschain Deposit Recovery
Crosschain - A deposit of one coin to a different coins address is considered a crosschain deposit

Bittrex will only attempt to recover crosschain deposits that exceed $5000 at the time of deposit, within 7 days of the deposit and will charge a 0.1 BTC for this recovery. Recovering coins crosschain is an inherently dangerous and time consuming process.

Due to our new Crosschain Recovery System, the minimum requirement for crosschain recoveries is $3000 at the time of deposit for the following crosschain pairs:

BTC to BCH
BCH to BTC
BTC to USDT
USDT to BTC

=> they didn't list BTC to BSV !!
Also, their minimum might be  $5000  because that pair isn't listed  Shocked
And finally, they would charge 0.1BTC
Hopefully, you are in the $3000 threshold they just didn't update with the BSV possibilities

The article from their zensupport is 2 years old from  August 04, 2017 09:21  things could have changed

it ain't much but it's honest work
Macmacmac0020 (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2020, 02:31:48 AM

I still not yet recover my btc so sad
xranch

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2022, 08:01:38 PM

Ok i wait the abra reply to me maybe they dont want to give my btc because i read in their app if sent btc to other cryptocurrency i lose my money

Did you ever recover said BTC? It looks like the transaction was made to recover it.
JoyMarsha

Activity: 812
Merit: 351

View Profile
November 15, 2022, 06:59:02 PM

Im afraid maybe abra not give my btc
Follow the instructions given to you by forum members on how to recover your btc from Abra. You can't just conclude until you have reached out to their customer care on Reddit. Their response to your plead will determine your next line of action of recovering your btc from Abra

Ladies.de███████████████
████▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████
████████████████
▐████████████████▌
░████████████
░███
███████████████
▐████
██████████████▌
░█████
██████████████
██▀███████
█████████▀
███████████████████
██████████████████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
LadiesStars
▬▬▬▬

██████▀█████████
███████▀███████▌
█████████████
██████████████████▄
█████████▐█
█████
██████████████████▌
███████▄██████████
███████████████
████▄█████████
████████████████▌
████████▀░███████
░█████▀█████████
████▀██████████
Stalker22
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1358

View Profile
November 15, 2022, 08:18:04 PM

Did you ever recover said BTC? It looks like the transaction was made to recover it.

I fear this question will never be answered.
Macmacmac0020 hasn't been on the forum for a long time (more than two years) and probably abandoned his account for good.

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██