Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:02:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Putin is a despot, but who can oust him?  (Read 106 times)
Majestic-milf (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 589

View Profile
May 09, 2022, 06:09:34 AM

I stand to be corrected, but I thought Russia operated under a federal, democratic rule? According to the constitution that was ratified in 1993 where all human rights were protected and individuals were safe from the dictatorship rule of the Communists in 1991, I don't think much has changed in Russia as it slowly receding back to the dictatorship period under the hands of Vladimir Putin.
 Its believed and obvious to the human eye that all power in Russia is in his hands which ordinarily, it's the Prime minister who is supposed to have much power, then he just gets to be a ceremonial head.
 Dating the beginning of his rule as far as March 26, 2000, his rulership has been accused of eroding human rights and democratic freedom in the country. Will Russia continue to suffer like Libya or is there a "Moses" in sight? https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/what-type-of-government-does-russia-have.html

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheNineClub

Activity: 616
Merit: 161

View Profile
May 09, 2022, 07:46:02 AM

I stand to be corrected, but I thought Russia operated under a federal, democratic rule? According to the constitution that was ratified in 1993 where all human rights were protected and individuals were safe from the dictatorship rule of the Communists in 1991, I don't think much has changed in Russia as it slowly receding back to the dictatorship period under the hands of Vladimir Putin.
 Its believed and obvious to the human eye that all power in Russia is in his hands which ordinarily, it's the Prime minister who is supposed to have much power, then he just gets to be a ceremonial head.
 Dating the beginning of his rule as far as March 26, 2000, his rulership has been accused of eroding human rights and democratic freedom in the country. Will Russia continue to suffer like Libya or is there a "Moses" in sight? https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/what-type-of-government-does-russia-have.html

Oh gosh no, Russia never operated under a truly democratic rule. It's not in their political nature going all the way back to the Mongolian rule. I'm not saying this as a bash on the Russian people themselves, it's just the way it is. We can argue that the western world as well is not truly democratic, rather just a bit higher democratic percentage, but that's not the issue right now.

Moses? No, there won't be a savior of any sorts. What can be is that someone from Putin's clique (like Shoigu or Medvedev) that would replace Putin in a more moderate apologetic way.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
May 12, 2022, 01:29:25 PM

The government of the USA was built strongly against the harming of the American people by people in government. If this weren't so, we would be, very quietly and carefully, saying, "Biden is a despot, but who can oust him?"

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
May 12, 2022, 08:52:03 PM

Putin is not going to last another 10 years if the suspicion of dementia turns out to be true. I'm guessing he'll be mentally incapacitated long before the Ukrainian conflict reaches a conclusion. No need for Europe to send in the commandos. Fortunately for him, he won't have to see the epitome of military dismay following a war that would last years and result in no geopolitical gains. It would have been a harsh sight to beholden.

I worry about Putin's successor more than anything. May he be more restrained and mentally fortified than Putin.
Oumal

Activity: 542
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2022, 02:04:37 AM

Putin is not going to last another 10 years if the suspicion of dementia turns out to be true. I'm guessing he'll be mentally incapacitated long before the Ukrainian conflict reaches a conclusion. No need for Europe to send in the commandos. Fortunately for him, he won't have to see the epitome of military dismay following a war that would last years and result in no geopolitical gains. It would have been a harsh sight to beholden.

I worry about Putin's successor more than anything. May he be more restrained and mentally fortified than Putin.

Don't worry about the successor, the next one will be much tougher. Putin will seem like an angel to you
Ultegra134

Activity: 1554
Merit: 744

View Profile
May 15, 2022, 12:33:16 PM

He doesn't look too good the past few weeks, at least that's what the media shows, but the videos I've seen do show that he's feeling a little off and unwell.  I even read that he has blood cancer and is extremely ill, however, how could we possibly confirm this? Could it be another propaganda to make him look weak and vulnerable? Could he be doing it on purpose too? Who knows.

If that's all true, I wouldn't be surprised if he's removed from governance, murdered, or even have a military coup against him.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2022, 05:11:02 PM

Once Rosguardia and the regular Russian army are reduced to 5-10% of their current size, it will be easier to see who in Russia can oust him.

It will probably take 4 years at the current destruction rate.

Be patient.

Supply arms to Ukraine, cut ALL trade with Russia, and watch the regime slowly lose control.

The biggest mistake Russia is making now is to think they can annex more territory from Ukraine.

They think they can do this as they have done it with Crimea. That is the fatal mistake that would end the Russian empire.

Once and for all.

PrimeNumber7
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899

Amazon Prime Member #7

View Profile
May 15, 2022, 06:49:41 PM

Russia has periodic elections, but they are not free and fair elections. The outcome of said elections is predetermined.

Putin derives his power from his security forces, the KGB. Putin can be described as a mob boss in Russia. The only way to oust Putin is to get those who are loyal to him in his security forces to no longer be loyal to him.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
May 16, 2022, 03:20:29 PM

it will be easier to see who in Russia can oust him.

It seems like this is the only way he'll go, yes. I can't imagine any way that the West can force him to step down, other than by assassinating him, which could have quite dramatic repercussions... and creating a power vacuum in Russia is probably not a great idea.

But if Russia struggles long enough, his allies are weakened, the population turns against him... then someone in Russia will likely step up to mount a coup. Not sure that any sort of democratic transition would be at all likely.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: