Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:14:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My crypto mining journey starts today  (Read 311 times)
Call_LSI (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 10, 2022, 10:31:55 AM

Help me in this journey of knowledge

What are the most energy-efficient graphic cards for a mining right now?

Is this a good time to start buying graphic cards?

Can one person build a mining rig themselves?

Ethereum is going away, will Ethereum classic takes is place?

legcramp

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 10, 2022, 06:57:02 PM

Congrats! Your journey should start by using the search function!!
Coinfarm ventures

Activity: 182
Merit: 152

View Profile
May 10, 2022, 09:57:18 PM

My journey started in the good old days where you could make $2/day of profit mining BTC on a Radeon HD 7870 card... until difficulty doubled in just 1 week thanks to the new Butterfly / Avalon ASICs.
hub_cat

Activity: 40
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 11, 2022, 06:20:22 AM

Suddenly, Call_LSI's eyes widens and quickly sits down Indian style next to hub_cat around the fire.
YellowSwap

Activity: 201
Merit: 27

KUWA.ai

View Profile
May 11, 2022, 03:45:56 PM

Lol you are really something Hub_cat, OP this isn't a good time to start a mining journey for a newbie, have you tried to use some.mining calculators to at least understand how long you can make back your money? It could take years you know? How much is your electricity costs? This is also very important too, you can have all the graphic cards you desired and have a hard time running all of them 24/7 because of electricity bills.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    CHECK OUT KUWA    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1056

View Profile
May 11, 2022, 06:52:18 PM

Help me in this journey of knowledge

What are the most energy-efficient graphic cards for a mining right now?

Is this a good time to start buying graphic cards?

Can one person build a mining rig themselves?

Ethereum is going away, will Ethereum classic takes is place?

Have you slept in the last 2 years?
The price of ethereum has fallen dramatically, the end of ethereum mining is expected soon, and you want to start mining?
Get started with the mining calculator https://whattomine.com/gpus
and calculate the approximate payback of your equipment
Coinfarm ventures

Activity: 182
Merit: 152

View Profile
May 11, 2022, 10:14:24 PM

Better to wait until after the ETH PoS crash or if the bear market continues. GPU prices could be half, meaning you could buy twice as many cards if you're patient.

Right now is a horrible time to build a rig, because the recent dip in crypto price hasn't been reflected in used video card markets yet. A RTX 3060L still costs $400+ on feeBay. It should really be $370 or lower.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
May 12, 2022, 03:32:22 AM

I read the topic and figured this was probably a year old topic that somebody had to bump because who would want to start mining during a time like this.

Most miners are going to be packing up their gear and selling it off soon with the way things are going. Right now better to wait and see instead of beginning your mining journey.
FirmWars

Activity: 239
Merit: 79

View Profile
May 12, 2022, 06:56:00 AM

Better to wait until after the ETH PoS crash or if the bear market continues. GPU prices could be half, meaning you could buy twice as many cards if you're patient.

Right now is a horrible time to build a rig, because the recent dip in crypto price hasn't been reflected in used video card markets yet. A RTX 3060L still costs $400+ on feeBay. It should really be $370 or lower.
I have stopped looking for graphic cards to buy, also new graphic cards are coming from Nvidia and AMD soon so I am expecting those RTX 3080 to go as low as 400$, I believe this is possible once ETH gets off the PoW algorithm and Bitcoin dips to under 20,000$, still think impossible?.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 12, 2022, 08:22:44 AM

CRAAASSSH PAAANIICC!!

aaaaaaand ends next month LOL  Grin
CryptoATM

Activity: 368
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 12, 2022, 10:51:55 AM

CRAAASSSH PAAANIICC!!

What are you talking about @arielbit? Do you believe that market will recover by next month after this whole struggle? I will think about this once Luna and UST gets out of the way but right now if Luna is going to go down many projects will follow, and even the market will still suffer more.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1056

View Profile
May 12, 2022, 10:56:54 AM

I have stopped looking for graphic cards to buy, also new graphic cards are coming from Nvidia and AMD soon so I am expecting those RTX 3080 to go as low as 400$, I believe this is possible once ETH gets off the PoW algorithm and Bitcoin dips to under 20,000$, still think impossible?.
It's possible. But now video cards are still very expensive, and the cryptocurrency price has fallen by 50% and the payback period for video cards has doubled. If Ethereum mining ends this year, then the payback period for video cards will increase even more. If a beginner wants to buy video cards, then this should be done after the end of ethereum mining.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2022, 11:50:29 AM

CRAAASSSH PAAANIICC!!

What are you talking about @arielbit? Do you believe that market will recover by next month after this whole struggle? I will think about this once Luna and UST gets out of the way but right now if Luna is going to go down many projects will follow, and even the market will still suffer more.

I mean "my crypto mining starts today" topic....and the journey ends next month after the electric bill arrives LOL, just making fun here..
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
May 12, 2022, 12:26:28 PM

It's possible. But now video cards are still very expensive, and the cryptocurrency price has fallen by 50% and the payback period for video cards has doubled. If Ethereum mining ends this year, then the payback period for video cards will increase even more. If a beginner wants to buy video cards, then this should be done after the end of ethereum mining.

It will take time for gpus to come down in price, expect a huge crash before the 4xxx series.

I mean "my crypto mining starts today" topic....and the journey ends next month after the electric bill arrives LOL, just making fun here..

hehe, 95% of miners have no idea what is surviving the bear market.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2022, 01:18:09 PM

It will take time for gpus to come down in price, expect a huge crash before the 4xxx series.

Real bear market is 4xxx series will be a boooooring time frame just like the 2xxx series...like 4090 is 20cents more profitable than the 3090...i mean, who gives a fuck about 20cents?, miners will talk like peasants and fights like peasants...then after the 4xxx series (3xxx refresh) 5xxx series with gddr7x will be released then bull market slowly starts with miners hesitating to buy cards due to PTSD. Heheh
Pendrak

Activity: 208
Merit: 46

View Profile
May 12, 2022, 01:25:23 PM

The best time to mining is when the bitcoin/ethereum price is low because at that time the mining difficulty is the least, so you will be able to get more bitcoins in a lesser time.
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
May 12, 2022, 01:31:04 PM

I guess this luna crash is opening eyes of spoiled people who thought they would get rich fast, from 100 usd to all the way to $0.02, that is 5000 times crash, insane. That is what happens to most coins in this market anyway, 99% of coins from 2010 are dead and had the same fate as this luna scam. What you trolls are seeing is just the beginning of a bear market, more carnage, blood, nightmares to come.

Ketesnuko

Activity: 233
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 12, 2022, 01:51:51 PM

I guess this luna crash is opening eyes of spoiled people who thought they would get rich fast, from 100 usd to all the way to $0.02, that is 5000 times crash, insane. That is what happens to most coins in this market anyway, 99% of coins from 2010 are dead and had the same fate as this luna scam. What you trolls are seeing is just the beginning of a bear market, more carnage, blood, nightmares to come.
😂 hahaha very funny, im glad I knew how tough bear market always looks like, if I am just starting my own journey today I will make a lot of certain mistakes, I pity those newbies honestly, not all of them will under what is going on right now and at this moment on crypto will be labelled a scam, again.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
May 12, 2022, 02:19:26 PM

😂 hahaha very funny, im glad I knew how tough bear market always looks like, if I am just starting my own journey today I will make a lot of certain mistakes, I pity those newbies honestly, not all of them will under what is going on right now and at this moment on crypto will be labelled a scam, again.

check this thread at reddit, https://www.reddit.com/r/terraluna/ , many people lost billions of dollars, many posts of people losing 100k to a million dollars, savings of a lifetime lost in few hours, many have already attempted to commit suicide and many are questioning if suicide will easy their pain, this is how crazy this market is. The issue is people only see the good side of this market, never the bad side of it and when shit happens then they learn, I have been in this market since 2010, have seen many things that taught me to become what I'm today, I lost millions in 2014 at mtgox and to this day I'm still trying to get my money back. You trolls should be very careful, even today with all my experience we never know, even I could be scammed without knowing about it.

BitSwapNow
Copper Member

Activity: 99
Merit: 3

Instant & Cross Chain Crypto Swaps

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2022, 03:45:31 PM

I have dabbled with mining extensively back in the day. You need to have good reserve's for when markets crash like they are now and also to maintain electricity costs. Graphics cards are at all time high prices because of the demand and also the supply chain crisis of chips and the shortages. With that being said it can still be profitable if you plan to do this in the long run and or have free/cheap electricity. The card will pay itself off eventually and all the crypto will be pure profit minus costs of electric. Use a search for a mining calculator and set it up with something like nicehash. You can mine the most profitable coin and have it auto converted after the day into whatever coin you'd like to hold after/

Exchange bitcoin and over 850+ digital currencies instantly an cross chain. Buy, Sell and Swap crypto on https://BitSwapNow.com . No Sign- Up required and instant swaps in as little as a few minutes!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: