Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:32:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Skepticism should yield Knowledge  (Read 199 times)
Bamjos (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 10, 2022, 09:30:42 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2022, 09:43:51 PM by Bamjos
Merited by Sacrod (1)

The word skepticism has appeared in my posts for more than enough time, that's probably because of my experiences with it (both the good and bad).
Skepticism is characterized by Doubt, Disbelief, Uncertainty and Agnosticism and also Scrutiny, Inquisition, Investigation and Probe. Aforementioned are words categorised into two group which I refer to as first phase and second phase. The first phase can be generalise as Doubt, it's a phase where our lack of knowledge of an entity/subject makes us feel unsure about it; at this phase, our sense of judgement is clouded with disbelief and uncertainty. We can call the second phase the Curiosity phase, this is the period we want to put all things to test to make sure we are making the right decision, this phase birth Scrutiny, Inquisition, Investigation and Probe. At this phase, we overly seek for knowledge about something because we want to satisfy our curiosity.

While being skeptical is not bad, many of us fall at the first phase of it, we only exercise doubt and disbelief about an entity/subject without seeking knowledge about it. The fact that we are unsure of something should make us eager to want to know about it, this attitude towards life could help us redeem situations where good opportunity always pass us by due to the fact that we base our judgement on the first phase (Doubt). The second phase helps us to make decision rationally and our decision would be based on facts rather than assumptions or dogma. After making our decision based on the knowledge we've acquired about the subject, we are left with the knowledge and it could  help us sometimes in the future.

This has happened  to many cryptocurrency investors or trader at a point in time, it also happens mostly to beginners (most especially the ones who have experienced scam). It made them miss out on great opportunity that has come their ways that could have transformed their lives. When our skepticism end in the first phase, it deprived us of the positive impact skepticism could have on us.
Skepticism should yield curiosity, while curiosity birth Knowledge!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
May 10, 2022, 11:10:26 PM

In cryptocurrency, skepticims more often than not saves people from losses, because most of the "opportunities" lead to a loss. Even if you take altcoins that showed great growth, it only counts as opportunity if you manage to sell with a profit, which a lot of people don't do, as they get greedy. And then the market crashes and they miss out on any profit at all.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1859

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
May 11, 2022, 01:10:24 AM

Doubts, of course, should be resolved. In doing so, knowledge is probably gained. But you don't resolve each and every doubt. Sooner or later, you will have wisdom; you will know the pattern. You will immediately know a scam when you see one. And so you can make generalizations. That's what knowledge gives us. Having said this, you don't have to scrutinize and investigate each and every altcoin, each and every airdrop, each and every NFT project, each and every DeFi platform, and so on. Somehow, you can make a generalization.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
lovesmayfamilis
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 4290

✿♥‿♥✿

View Profile
May 11, 2022, 08:27:39 AM

I should doubt everything rather than be naive and believe in any proposal that promises millions. Have newbies who saved their money by having doubts about projects lost something? I don't see it this way. There is no need to rush until you understand all the consequences that may await you. Although cryptocurrency is, of course, a risk in some ways, we must be 90 percent sure that we know everything about the project in which we would like to invest. And from this, it follows that we question everything to make the right decision in the future.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Wiwo

Activity: 1050
Merit: 679

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2022, 09:40:01 AM

Skeptical+qeust/reseach= knowledge in whatever field of investment your ability to question things will always give birth to knowledge and having the knowledge and right information from the search will help you make quality decisions and in this field cryptocurrency is a risky adventure so if you don't build adequate knowledge you may make the wrong decision about the project to trust, but with at least 70% understanding about a project, you should be able to manage your way around it to make a quality decision on when to invest in it or not. Skepticism is the mother of all knowledge if the individual gives time to research the rate of scams will be reduced to its nearest minimum.
Sacrod

Activity: 27
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 12, 2022, 12:01:57 PM

Skepticism has to do with our attitude towards something. It deals with an intellectual inquiry and caution applied to an information, ideas and things being presented to us. It is an essential part of critical thinking,  it helps us to embrace objective truth which deals with what is universally true and accepted as opposed to being satisfied with what we know and settling for personal or subjective truth.

Skepticism helps us to ask questions, challenge claims, make enquiry about things.  It also encourages us not to accept authority because we know it's source or think the information is true.  The same yardstick should be used to scrutinize ever information so as to be on the safer side and this helps us to gain more knowledge and make progress.  We need not stop at the doubtful phase of skepticism, progress can only be made when we seek more knowledge about things.
KingsDen
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1024

Hello Leo! You can still win.

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2022, 12:26:06 PM

When our skepticism end in the first phase, it deprived us of the positive impact skepticism could have on us.
Skepticism should yield curiosity, while curiosity birth Knowledge!

Sometimes it is rather good to stop skepticism at the first phase, according to the phases you mentioned above. When your instinct tells you that it doesn't worthy it, compared with your past experiences, you don't need to proceed to the second phase.

For instance, I am a victim of ponzi schemes in different forms and I have known that one of the features of a ponzi scheme is a referrals. Then, you come with a project that I need to refer upto 100 persons, that the project is as good as bitcoin. I won't even bother myself going into the second phase of investigation.
So, when you have your standards, your problems are half solved.

You can consider to avoid much coloration of texts. It makes people ignore your posts. If you want to emphasise a word or a group of words, you can italize, bold or underline. Colors are majorly used for extreme emphasis, maybe involving tables, photos or memes.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Bamjos (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 12, 2022, 08:12:14 PM

You can consider to avoid much coloration of texts. It makes people ignore your posts. If you want to emphasise a word or a group of words, you can italize, bold or underline. Colors are majorly used for extreme emphasis, maybe involving tables, photos or memes.

Another lesson learned. I'm grateful I'm learning to get better on this forum, and people like you who give tips like this motivate me to get better, I'm grateful, Thanks for the insight!
Markinzo

Activity: 336
Merit: 41

View Profile
May 13, 2022, 04:38:37 AM

Being skeptic a another quality not bad to have as a person but the ability to be able to be skeptical at the right time, things and ideas is another thing entirely.

Based on this many have been able to doubt a truth they don't know even without much investigation or findings about it. While others have been lucky at it in terms of decision making without knowing.

So being skeptic to me is something one need to be careful about wether of the first phase or second phase as the OP has emphasized.
cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315

View Profile
May 13, 2022, 06:50:35 AM

Its good to use on your perspective in crypto from time to time. Its not a bad thing to do aside from doing your dyor, or research cause it could help you avoid such losses without any reason why you lose it. If you care for your funds then dont let it gone for a very shallow mistake of not doing this. Its add on your skills to differentiate and identify which crypto is good and or fake one that could only potentially incurred loss to us.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
firmino10

Activity: 372
Merit: 11

elysian.finance

View Profile
May 21, 2022, 08:25:14 PM

i can be curious about a project or campaign because of the offer i see but skepticism enables me to want to research and make findings about it and make the right judgement. skepticism becomes a virtue that help many persons avoid disappointment. because doubt will make them do research that bring about knowledge and knowledge will be about right contribution and investment both in investment, project , time and effort.

ELYSIAN FINANCE      Next generation reverse backed token   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     Github  ◥ Telegram   ◥ Twitter   ◥ Discord             Trustless and decentralized 
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN Elysian Finance   ❰❰❰
Assmosis

Activity: 23
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2022, 04:30:40 AM

If you have doubts, consult with your network and take opinions. Later on, do exactly as you please. No third individual knows how your mind works or your goals and how serious you may be. Focus on working on it yourself and use every opportunity that comes your way to your advantage.
Alisha-k

Activity: 840
Merit: 23

View Profile
June 06, 2022, 02:57:23 PM

If you are knowledgeable about any subject matter will there be room for doubt obviously not. One's skepticism about any  matter gives room for more and more findings it is lack of proper information or low quality research that gives rise to doubt and uncertainty. If you must earn you must learn. Knowledge is an every day task. The day one stops reading everything around them starts dieing

center]██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██[/center]
taufik123
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1724

View Profile
June 06, 2022, 06:22:32 PM

Everyone has a different level of skepticism. Skepticism in all sorts of things as long as normal limits wouldn't be a problem. It will help us to be more alert. Useful skepticism will give a lot of knowledge even in detail, because there is some doubt on a project or any kind of thing in crypto. this gives the advantage to continue to be careful in every step taken. Remember that crypto has a lot of risks and pitfalls that can hit anyone.
Cryptodebjoe

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Steady grinding

View Profile
June 08, 2022, 09:07:47 AM

I personally feel any person that is too skeptical about anything hardly takes a decision on it I remember about 9 years ago when I first heard of bitcoin I was skeptical about it and didn't invest in it and look what it turned out today so I feel skepticism makes a person to be less daring, less adventurous and as such the person sticks to the usual routine and by so doing doesn't really learn more so a skeptical person is limited in experiencial and the worse can happen if he finally decides to try something and fails then he will go back to his shelve for a much longer time...
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3649

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2022, 09:19:55 AM

Doubt and uncertainty come after making a decision and then it will be good because you will learn from your mistakes, but doubt even before investing and fear is meaningless.

I remember that many friends sold Bitcoin as soon as they were afraid, and therefore you should start investing your money, you are not afraid of losing it, and then the uncertainty phase begins in choosing the best strategy.

Generally, you can get crazy if you think about short term scenarios so buy and think long term.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██