Bitcoin Forum
August 09, 2024, 05:20:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold coin into US and customs  (Read 292 times)
Cryptogreatdane (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 1060
Merit: 441

View Profile
May 10, 2022, 11:24:04 PM

Hi
  Whats the best way to receive a coin from the UK. How should it be declared. Should we keep it just novelty coin with low value declared or put fine gold and risk being messed with.  I feel like more chance it gets stolen if people know theres gold inside.
Bullion-n-BTC
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 65

Physical Bitcoin is the only way to stack

View Profile
May 10, 2022, 11:38:52 PM

This is just my humble opinion but I would NEVER EVER label any package I sent anywhere with “gold, silver, currency, cash” etc etc…. Too many packages come up missing or “torn” open. I’ve seen many a package that had its contents “fall out” in transit and when package arrived there was a perfectly straight “tear” that looked mighty similar to a razor blade cut

LuckyFool Bullion on Instagram / Physical Crypto Coins Facebook page / The Alchemy Mint / LuckyFool Mint
PreciousMetapsICT

Activity: 934
Merit: 184

watch out for those lying leviathan spirits...

View Profile
May 10, 2022, 11:56:34 PM

This is just my humble opinion but I would NEVER EVER label any package I sent anywhere with “gold, silver, currency, cash” etc etc…. Too many packages come up missing or “torn” open. I’ve seen many a package that had its contents “fall out” in transit and when package arrived there was a perfectly straight “tear” that looked mighty similar to a razor blade cut

Completely agree! I've sent a bunch of metal over seas and always went with metal art or metal paper weight. Sometimes to skirt taxes in their end I assume but always to skirt theft. Plus - tape is your friend! Duct brand heavy duty tape so that the package can surive a flood. Completely wrapped - multiple levels - near 100% delivery when packaged correctly and securely

Imagine being so lame, you have to bump your own sales posts. Damn lying leviathans
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 3100

View Profile
May 11, 2022, 01:09:21 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2022, 03:50:48 AM by ChiBitCTy

Completely agree! I've sent a bunch of metal over seas and always went with metal art or metal paper weight. Sometimes to skirt taxes in their end I assume but always to skirt theft. Plus - tape is your friend! Duct brand heavy duty tape so that the package can surive a flood. Completely wrapped - multiple levels - near 100% delivery when packaged correctly and securely

Sadly I have to agree with you guys on this. It's sad that you pretty much have to lie, but it's not our fault that we are forced in to that position..customs is so bad around the globe, they are constantly "confiscating" (stealing) items from us.  Then the Euro Vat tax is just an absolute scam in and of itself.  The taping the shit out of the box is definitely a good idea. Here in the US the best/safest way to ship items is pretty much via "registered mail".  They tape the boxes up really well with their special tape.  This is to prevent theft.  You can use a customs forms labeling the items something like "kids play tokens" or something of that nature.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Cryptogreatdane (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 1060
Merit: 441

View Profile
May 11, 2022, 01:51:58 AM

Thanks for the responses. Eye opening, i know what im going to do
cygan
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 8409

icarus-cards.eu

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2022, 05:49:27 AM

when i get my coins sent from overseas, i have them declared as normal poker chips with a very low value. so the package doesn't look valuable and besides, customs clearance isn't that expensive then either.
has so far with numerous shipments always worked without problems👌

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
MrCryptHodl

Activity: 1120
Merit: 874

In Bitcoin We Trust

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2022, 11:12:54 AM
Merited by NeuroticFish (1)

Hi buddies !  hope you all are fine ! Grin

So yes, customs are really not cool! and as ChiBitCTy says, it's unfortunately but the best way to be safe is to lie.

from experience everything that has a small value and well packaged in cardboard envelopes with lot of tapes goes without worries, but I think that the same envelope with too large a value exposed would indeed be risky, apart from customs the packages go through so many hands, and they are all human, so emotions could take over in front of such a large sum.

till today i have sent more than 1000 chips/coins, and 0 package was lost or stolen with good packaging and low value declaration, if the values ​​were bigger or the declaration too explicit I think it would not be the same numbers  Grin

tread93

Activity: 1260
Merit: 568

View Profile
May 11, 2022, 07:38:20 PM

Definitely declare something of low value even if it really is an ounce of Gold or more. Anything coin or crypto related especially including the worlds gold or silver is just putting a big target on the package IMO

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1973

View Profile
May 12, 2022, 03:35:23 PM
Merited by NeuroticFish (2)

I once knew someone who tried sending like 5 ounces of gold to the USA from the UK, marked as such.... Customs made the recipient physically come down and show ID to pick it up and sign a bunch of junk.... Huh  This was via FedEx.... Long story short, it was "stuck" in Memphis TN warehouse for weeks, just getting scanned nightly, causing all sorts of drama and restlessness upon both parties. It was finally received in the end, but it was a long month for both parties.... Now I'm not gonna tell anyone to lie on customs forms ofc, so I personally avoid gold shipments across international borders just for such reasons, but you get the point I think... Roll Eyes

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
BobbyCoins
Copper Member

Activity: 153
Merit: 64

₿ THE CHANGE

View Profile
May 20, 2022, 02:01:25 PM

Depending on the worth of the collectible(s) you'll want to buy/sell and because customs really does way more harm than good... for collectibles of higher worth I would rather fly around half the world and pick it up in person than shipping it.
This "tactic" can pay off within the very first more expensive collectible you'll want to ship that may not arrive. And because you might have labeled it wrong (e.g.: as commemorative coin of low worth) nobody ever will compensate you the real financial loss.

'once bitten, twice shy'... as the saying goes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: