Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:08:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Immersed T17 has high chip temperature  (Read 312 times)
JustaVirus (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 22, 2022, 10:56:55 AM

I have two red chips on chain 0. The moment I play around with them to get them to at least an orange, I keep getting the same error as the tuning. I decided to let them be. Are you happy with these numbers? Thanks again.

Gave you merits for reporting back, most folks don't bother after getting their issues fixed. Cheesy

38TH and even 42TH is easily doable with air cooling alone even in relatively warm places, or at least that was my own "short-lived" experience with these piece of junk hardware, I am sure you can push a lot higher given your immersion cooling, but that will also increase the likely hood of gear damage, so I'd say just focus on temps, I personally think 80c is good 85c is where it start thinking about reducing my hashrate or otherwise increase the cooling if possible.

You can also attempt to lower the voltage, lowering the voltage while keeping the same frequency might result in lower temps with the same hashrate, the only issue with this model is that you can't have different voltages on different boards, so chain 1 might do ok with a lower voltage, but then chain 2 or 0 will start acting weird, it will take a lot of trial and error to get your gear's optimal settings.

But if you are a lazy old man like me, then be happy with the readings and get some rest.

Hi Mike!
I don't know if you're referring to T17 or the entire Bitmain line as junk, but I do agree that my T17 is anything but quality. I'm just going to experience the most with it before I get an S19. Thanks again!
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 6405

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
May 22, 2022, 02:50:18 PM

I was talking about the t17 model, but the whole 17 series is trash, the s19 is of a better quality that is for sure, but you should also consider whatsminer m30s, they are solid gears but unfortunately no custom firmware for them, you will have to use the immersion stock firmware they have which might be limited to some degree.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
JustaVirus (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 22, 2022, 04:58:42 PM

I was talking about the t17 model, but the whole 17 series is trash, the s19 is of a better quality that is for sure, but you should also consider whatsminer m30s, they are solid gears but unfortunately no custom firmware for them, you will have to use the immersion stock firmware they have which might be limited to some degree.

Will definitely keep that in mind!! Thanks.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: