Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:32:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Level of Issues/ Troubles with MtGox  (Voting closed: December 15, 2011, 03:33:24 AM)
None at all - 18 (30.5%)
Very Little - 13 (22%)
More then a little but not enough to make me leave them - 3 (5.1%)
A lot but I am still with them - 9 (15.3%)
Piss on them, I am done with them - 13 (22%)
I have not ever used MtGox - 3 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 59

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox Troubles  (Read 3252 times)
unsquidly (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 03:33:24 AM

Ok....Since it looks like I am not the only one that has had a lot of trouble with MtGox......I thought that I would make a little poll to see just how many have had trouble with them......Maybe the knuckleheads at MtGox will see this and wake up....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 03:45:32 AM

If you have problems use another exchange. There are plenty.
JusticeForYou
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 271

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 03:50:37 AM

Ok....Since it looks like I am not the only one that has had a lot of trouble with MtGox......I thought that I would make a little poll to see just how many have had trouble with them......Maybe the knuckleheads at MtGox will see this and wake up....

There are others, but your frustration is noted and shared. But believe me when I say this, if your generally new to MTGOX, you haven't seen troubles... We went through a lot of problems... Some might have folded and went away... but he stuck it out and kept plugging away at it.

He is probably the most trustworthy tho... think about that... would you want problems and still have your money.. or hunky dory and be broke.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
unsquidly (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 04:08:59 AM

There are others, but your frustration is noted and shared. But believe me when I say this, if your generally new to MTGOX, you haven't seen troubles... We went through a lot of problems... Some might have folded and went away... but he stuck it out and kept plugging away at it.

He is probably the most trustworthy tho... think about that... would you want problems and still have your money.. or hunky dory and be broke.

I don't have my money.....See my other post on MtGox....I can't access my account with MyGox.....
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 04:57:02 AM

I don't have my money.....See my other post on MtGox....I can't access my account with MyGox.....

On the other post it is mentioned that there is problem with your account, please comply to change this once and for all, we are not interested in problems we just want to protect our customers and do things like they should be done.

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
unsquidly (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 02:18:30 PM

[/quote]

On the other post it is mentioned that there is problem with your account, please comply to change this once and for all, we are not interested in problems we just want to protect our customers and do things like they should be done.
[/quote]

What am I to comply with?  I have not gotten any emails or messages telling me anything that I need to do to gain access to my account.......How about some information.......
ultima

Activity: 96

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 02:27:37 PM

I have the same problem. No message, nothing. Account just doesn't work anymore.
unsquidly (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 04:06:57 AM

I have the same problem. No message, nothing. Account just doesn't work anymore.

Good luck dude...Hopefully posts like this will help to solve our problems with Mt Gox
ultima

Activity: 96

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 09:48:01 AM

I can access my account now, but can't withdraw any money. They want notarized documents now, lol. I have opened a few accounts with different brokerage firms in my life and I've never had such demands. Looks like mtgox is making bitcoins even harder to get than traditional financial assets. Very nice job.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 07:03:00 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2011, 07:37:37 PM by sadpandatech

They want notarized documents now, lol. I have opened a few accounts with different brokerage firms in my life and I've never had such demands. Looks like mtgox is making bitcoins even harder to get than traditional financial assets. Very nice job.

I'm not sure what brokerage firms you are refering to but both my accounts at Scottrade and Merril Lynch required copies of my ID and most importantly, and unlike MtGox, my Social Security number...

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 07:06:03 PM

There is no "I haven't ever used them."

unsquidly (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 03:27:20 PM

There is now....Sorry, I forgot about that one....LOL
Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2011, 07:25:20 PM

There is now....Sorry, I forgot about that one....LOL
I've voted now.  I did have an account with them with no funds in it and then the password got leaked so I haven't gone back.  I do look at mtgoxlive.com though

PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 04:12:38 AM

I foolishly put 500 coins through Mt.Gox and withdrew the $1250 over two ago (26th November) knowing their Liberty Reserve transactions were slow and their web says it might take a maximum of two weeks.  Having waited the indicated two weeks I get this support reply:

Mt.Gox Support, Dec-12 09:59 (JST):
Hello Patrick,
Unfortunately, we regret to inform you that we have no expected date for when Liberty Reserve withdrawals will be processed yet. We are working to add more funds to our Liberty Reserve account and will notify you once this has been done.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 11:19:28 PM

I foolishly put 500 coins through Mt.Gox and withdrew the $1250 over two ago (26th November) knowing their Liberty Reserve transactions were slow and their web says it might take a maximum of two weeks.  Having waited the indicated two weeks I get this support reply:

Hello Patrick,
Unfortunately, we regret to inform you that we have no expected date for when Liberty Reserve withdrawals will be processed yet. We are working to add more funds to our Liberty Reserve account and will notify you once this has been done.

It's astonishing how much trouble they have keeping their accounts funded.  Wonder if their LR account is under investigation like their Paxum account. 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 03:01:21 AM

Hello Patrick,

It's astonishing how much trouble they have keeping their accounts funded.  Wonder if their LR account is under investigation like their Paxum account. 

Under investigation... Really? Paxum = Nothing to Report, everything works just fine. As for LR it will be done today.

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
unsquidly (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 03:31:53 AM

Hello Patrick,

This is total BS.......One hell of a way to run a business Mt Gox
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 10:22:31 AM

Under investigation... Really? Paxum = Nothing to Report, everything works just fine. As for LR it will be done today.

Perhaps you and Mark should talk to each other occasionally.  He is the one who said on IRC on 1 December that you couldn't send funds to your Paxum account again until a money laundering investigation cleared MtGox.

[10:49] <@MagicalTux> right now we cannot wire to Paxum because of the investigations on money laundering
[10:51] <Ukto> paxum fail?
[10:51] <deego> MagicalTux: So, that's why my three withdrawal requests are pending for 3 weeks?  Couldn't that have been communicated to us 2 weeks ago so we could cancel our requests?
[10:51] <mindphlux> Why do other exchanges have not the same kind of liquidity problems on paxum?
[10:51] <deego> Anyhow, cancel requests don't work with mtgox any more either.
[10:52] <Ukto> hmm, part of the reason I don't like these 3rd party processors
[10:56] <@MagicalTux> mindphlux: other exchanges are not dealing with the same volumes we are
[10:56] <mindphlux> ok
[10:56] <@MagicalTux> once they get a bit bigger they'll hit the same compliance issues we do
[10:56] <mindphlux> So, honest question, why don't you remove paxum then if it's only providing problems
[10:56] <@MagicalTux> we should be able to send funds to paxum again once the investigation clears us

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=52846.msg635859#msg635859

When you make snarky comments implying that you haven't got a clue what people are talking about, you give people the impression that you're making shit up as you go along.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 01:09:42 PM

Hello Patrick,

So does this mean Paxum withdrawals are working again?  I can assure you they weren't for at least 2 weeks.

It just baffles me that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing here.  I would expect this from a company with 10,000 employees, but not from one with more like 10 employees.
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 02:06:18 PM

Just did a Paxum withdrawal to test it and it went through in less than an hour.  So I can verify that this seems to be working again.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: