Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:53:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Issue with importing a breadwallet seed phrase into Fully Noded on iOS  (Read 72 times)
Melanerpes_candidus (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 19, 2022, 04:05:52 PM
Merited by o_e_l_e_o (4), ABCbits (1)

Hello,

as the title says, I’m struggling with the import of a breadwallet seed phrase into the Fully Noded wallet/node manager on iOS.

Fully Noded is successfully connected to my Citadel node (Umbrel fork) and the blockchain is 100% synced.

What I have tried so far:

- simple copy and paste of the seed phrase

- importing the native segwit descriptor in the style of wpkh([xfp/0']xpubxxxxx/0/*)

- importing the legacy descriptor in the style of pkh([xfp/0']xpubxxxxx/0/*)

Whatever I try to import, the balance always shows 0 funds.

I've checked and confirmed that the seed phrase still holds all of the original funds through an import into coinbase wallet, to which the breadwallet team migrated to, but I’m unwilling to use that wallet for obvious reasons.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18588

View Profile
May 19, 2022, 10:16:41 PM

I'm not overly familiar with Fully Noded, so I can't give you specific instructions, but I can give you some things to try/look in to.

Bread Wallet uses the derivation path m/0' instead of the more familiar m/xx'/0'/0', with xx being 44, 49, or 84, depending on your script type. If there is an option to set a custom derivation path when importing your seed phrase, try changing it to m/0' and see if that works.

There is also this page which might be helpful: https://fonta1n3.github.io/FullyNoded/Docs/Wallets/Recovery.html

I would also suggest, though, that taking a seed phrase from Bread Wallet, importing it to Coinbase Wallet, and then again importing it to Fully Noded, makes that seed phrase widely exposed to the internet and very insecure. A better option if you have already recovered this seed phrase to Coinbase Wallet would be to use Coinbase Wallet to send all your funds in one or more transactions to a brand new Fully Noded wallet.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 3033

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2022, 11:47:27 PM

Based on their documentation fully noded does not have a recovery seed you will need to convert BIP39 seed phrase to Xpriv and choose recovery from their option when creating the wallet.
Look at the image below

You will need to use the tool below to convert it into Xpriv.

- https://iancoleman.io/bip39/

The guide is already shared above and posted by o_e_l_e_o. Then manually put the derivation path it should be this  m/0' as the BRD wallet derivation path. It should show your balance after successfully recovering your wallet from BRD to fully noded.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████