Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:55:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gridseed 5 Chip Solo Mining issue with version  (Read 64 times)
darkforces1 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2022, 10:00:51 PM

ok before everyone tells me that I am wasting my time I am not mining bitcoin. I am mining Cheetah(CHTA) and Nengcoin(NENG) but they are in the same algo family.  These coins and local wallet nodes are pretty fun and you can make a little money surprisingly.  I am not sure where else to ask since the Altcoins forum sent me here.

I was hoping someone would know but I need a newer version of CGminer that supports pure solo addressing. I can do this in Cgminer 4.1.12 with my gekko miners but the gridseed  I cant find anything newer than 3.8.5 and it doesn't support this argument,

--btc-address <arg> Set bitcoin target address when solo mining to bitcoind (mandatory)

I was reading about following the instructions for compiling a new build from Github but I dont see anything about compiling the gridseed libraries or support files into it.

this is an example of the arguments I use for a gekko or antminer to pure solo mine with to a local node.

cgminer.exe -o http://127.0.0.1:8536  -u pos  -p cap --gekko-newpac-freq 450 --btc-address CaNJXn5KgMeaFMtgVwuJaK2rU8uPcGNCgi

The --btc-address argument is not supported by cgminer verison 3.8.5 which seems to be the most recent version that does support gridseeds.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated in brining this older miners back to life. Thank you in advance.
babymethyl2013

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2022, 01:54:12 AM

These things are from like 2013. I remember sitting in some old job losing an ebay auction for one of these for like 150 and the guy gave me a second change offer but I passed. If I remember correct they can dual mine sha and scrypt.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: