Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:57:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Auction - Couple of oddities/rarities  (Read 511 times)
Mbitr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1321

Bitcoin needs you!

View Profile
May 28, 2022, 10:09:34 AM
Merited by owlcatz (2)

Great work mbitr, tbh I could not recall what the piece even was until this auction, as I don't recall winning it here -  but maybe it was an old slack xmas raffle or something! Cheesy

Yep - think it was a raffle mania Xmas a few years back that they went out - crazy times Smiley

I had the 5 made and was then gonna see if I could do a limited series with different coins etc. But like most things I never got round to it !!
I love the concept of cut coins - got my first one 25yrs ago - a 20p with the cut out of the Queen smoking a doobie  Smiley
Not sure if it’s worth getting any more made - different design and coin from these for sure.
The coin selection is crucial and I’d love to see a cas blank/redeemed done , but I really don’t think it would add any value for a collector and you would be defiling already gorgeous coins.
Sorry, just a few random thoughts ??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
May 29, 2022, 03:01:40 PM

Yep - think it was a raffle mania Xmas a few years back that they went out - crazy times Smiley

I had the 5 made and was then gonna see if I could do a limited series with different coins etc. But like most things I never got round to it !!
I love the concept of cut coins - got my first one 25yrs ago - a 20p with the cut out of the Queen smoking a doobie  Smiley
Not sure if it’s worth getting any more made - different design and coin from these for sure.
The coin selection is crucial and I’d love to see a cas blank/redeemed done , but I really don’t think it would add any value for a collector and you would be defiling already gorgeous coins.
Sorry, just a few random thoughts ??

I think it would be awesome to have like a peeled Cas dime with a small added on silver loop, like the cut coin above ... I wouldn't necessarily call that defiling, but I hear you on that!

I love your thinking though, very cool and original ideas for sure, thanks again for reminding me what the piece was, I feel kind of like an asshole now for not remembering, but yes, that year/xmas was a bit crazy/busy! Tongue

Thanks again for the raffle win and the info(s)!

Cheers! Smiley

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████