Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:44:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [DISCUSSION] USD Alternative stablecoin that saves you from inflation?  (Read 17 times)
MrSolo (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2022, 02:33:52 PM

Hello,

This is only a discussion and an idea i had about a stablecoin that could be better than USDT, USDC, BUSD and the concepts are:

- The coin is pegged to Gold & Silver and all assets that go against inflation.
- The coin would work similarly to how USD worked before Nixon ended USD Exchangability to Gold.
- The price of the stablecoin is not pegged to the USD but it goes up against the inflation either by pegging it to the purchase power of 1971 so you will be buying it at 6.66$ per coin as 1$ in 1971 is 6.66$ now,
OR we start from now so it starts at 1$ and it's value will go up with time and every year as per inflation rate.

- One of the reasons for this is that we know that the Dollar is inflating every year by 5% and this year could be double digits inflation, so pegging something to the current rate will work to save Stablecoin holders from inflation and on the other hand works as a way to exchange your BTC for instead of stablecoins that are backed by an asset that drops in value by double digits a year.

This is simply my idea and i would love to hear your opinions, i'm in no way making this but asking it how it would work if we wanted to make something like that?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: