Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:47:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible?  (Read 273 times)
TreyARC (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 26, 2022, 07:56:30 AM

Is there anyway to use mobile graphic cards (laptop) in a desktop? Or there is any kind of modification around this? I have a mobile GPU that's working perfectly but the Laptop I removed the GPU from is dead.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StonieMalony

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2022, 11:42:32 AM

Im bit confused ... I havent seen laptops that have internal removable gpus ... but maybe I havent seen enough Smiley
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 26, 2022, 02:54:44 PM

Is there anyway to use mobile graphic cards (laptop) in a desktop? Or there is any kind of modification around this? I have a mobile GPU that's working perfectly but the Laptop I removed the GPU from is dead.
There are no mobile graphics cards for modern laptops. The video chip is installed on the laptop motherboard.
I've seen PC graphics cards from China that used a video chip from a broken laptop.This was relevant before the hacking of the LHR algorithm. You can sell your video chip, but you can't make a video card out of it at home.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
MidNite36

Activity: 208
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2022, 03:37:02 PM

Some laptops GPU are removable, below is the picture of a Nvidia Tesla M6 Gddr5 GPU that was removed from a laptop.

OP what you are seeking for is possible using the adapter below but you will face lot of headache, how do you tend to cool the GPU and it's mem chips?

FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2022, 03:45:36 PM

Some laptops GPU are removable, below is the picture of a Nvidia Tesla M6 Gddr5 GPU that was removed from a laptop.

Can you show me the laptop in which this video card is installed?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Nvidia-Tesla-M6-MXM-Mobile-Server-GPU-Accelerator-8GB-806127-001-808409-001-/302287972800
I think that this video card is used for mobile servers, and it is cheaper to integrate a video chip into a laptop.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Kalchef

Activity: 105
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 27, 2022, 04:09:05 PM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Nvidia-Tesla-M6-MXM-Mobile-Server-GPU-Accelerator-8GB-806127-001-808409-001-/302287972800
I think that this video card is used for mobile servers, and it is cheaper to integrate a video chip into a laptop.
I have a gtx1050 that's also removable, the thing is some laptops have integrated GPU on the motherboard and some are actually removable like

You dont believe or what? Find a dell Alienware you should be able to remove its GPU, this is another proof

A Dell Alienware GPU GTX980M for sell on Aliexpress

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
Wincob

Activity: 47
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2022, 04:14:07 PM

I have a gtx1050 that's also removable, the thing is some laptops have integrated GPU on the motherboard and some are actually removable like

You dont believe or what? Find a dell Alienware you should be able to remove its GPU, this is another proof

Old mobile GPUs of cos, you can't find RTX 20series GPU with such mouth pins today.
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
May 27, 2022, 08:53:25 PM

here china still selling them as mining cards  Grin
https://videocardz.com/newz/chinese-oems-are-still-selling-geforce-rtx-30-laptop-gpus-as-desktop-mining-cards-to-avoid-lhr-restrictions
Kalchef

Activity: 105
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 28, 2022, 06:42:25 AM

Saw this on news as well, I am wondering how they come up with this idea, how did they work the mobile gpu into a standard gpu with fully functioning cooling fans? And those GPU brands are even nameless.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1787

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
May 28, 2022, 07:45:01 AM

Saw this on news as well, I am wondering how they come up with this idea, how did they work the mobile gpu into a standard gpu with fully functioning cooling fans? And those GPU brands are even nameless.
You know what happens in China. Almost everything is possible there in terms of Manufacturing and marketing products  Grin

This might be a little challenge, especially now that some graphics cards are LHR.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
May 28, 2022, 10:44:08 AM

if there is money every idea will come out.
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2022, 02:12:25 PM

I found a geforce rtx 2080 mobile (clevo) mxm video card
https://shopozz.ru/items/133860601346-clevo-p775tmnvidia-rtx-2080n18e-g3mxm3-gpu-upgrade-kit-with-cpugpu-heatsink
I found a laptop where it is used, but in my country I have not seen such models
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Eurocom-Sky-X7C-i7-8086K-GTX-1080-Clevo-P775TM1-G-Laptop-Review.319938.0.html

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
TreyARC (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 11, 2022, 10:04:30 AM

I got rid of this idea because the mobile gpu is faulty but I came across a modification that let you use desktop gpu on a laptop, it's available at a store in China I'm not just sure if it's going to be worth it or not. Thanks for the contributions guys 👍.
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2022, 11:36:46 AM

I got rid of this idea because the mobile gpu is faulty but I came across a modification that let you use desktop gpu on a laptop, it's available at a store in China I'm not just sure if it's going to be worth it or not. Thanks for the contributions guys 👍.
Mining on laptops has long since died. Some miners still use laptops, but these are old purchases.
An external GPU costs more than a regular PC GPU. If you really want to mine now, then buy a small mining farm in an open case.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
August 12, 2022, 03:23:38 AM

Yes this is actually possible and this device was created maybe like 10 years ago however nobody bought it because it would be a hassle to have to carry the device along with the GPU around with a laptop. You might as well get a PC in this case.

Then gaming laptops came out and this device had even less of a market. It also wasn’t cheap and you can only attach one GPU.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
MetaMii

Activity: 63
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 12, 2022, 08:38:30 AM
Merited by Outhue (2)

There is two version of this available in the market right now, one is egpu with thunderbolt 3 compatible, the laptop must be thinderbolt 3 compatible as well, the other is modification of desktop GPU with its own PSU and a connector going to the laptop.

But using these makes a laptop not a laptop anymore, you cant carry this around so it doesn't make sense to me, better off with a monitor and gpu in a motherboard/desktop PC.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2022, 11:52:26 AM

There is two version of this available in the market right now, one is egpu with thunderbolt 3 compatible, the laptop must be thinderbolt 3 compatible as well, the other is modification of desktop GPU with its own PSU and a connector going to the laptop.

But using these makes a laptop not a laptop anymore, you cant carry this around so it doesn't make sense to me, better off with a monitor and gpu in a motherboard/desktop PC.
Show me a model that does not use the thunderbolt interface. I looked at external video cards for a laptop and did not find models with a different interface. I have found docking stations for $300 and more, but you still need to buy a compatible video card or its ready-made solutions with video cards. But building a PC is cheaper.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Widdop37

Activity: 130
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 14, 2022, 07:27:35 AM

Show me a model that does not use the thunderbolt interface. I looked at external video cards for a laptop and did not find models with a different interface. I have found docking stations for $300 and more, but you still need to buy a compatible video card or its ready-made solutions with video cards. But building a PC is cheaper.
Yeah there are components that make desktop GPU work on a laptop using the m2 slot at the back of the laptop. You aren't looking enough that's why you dont see any.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: