Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:27:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning: A likely scam from http://www.unitedpayments.org/ (UP coin)  (Read 490 times)
ThinkGreen (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:28:07 PM

I registered my email address for the declaimed "free" giveaway from UP coin (http://www.unitedpayments.org/).
The recent days, I received several emails from the "dev" (called Robert Busch):
He is asking for "IPO" by email. I think it's very likely scam.
Help judge it!

Here it is:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! Did you got the Last email I sent you?
So we Are Almost Ready to Launch, 16,000 Members have Joined UnitedPayments, This is going to be HUGE!!

Now you can get Even MORE coins we Are giving away ANOTHER 10,000,000  UP Coins , here's how to:
We Need small Funding for Very Important tasks such as getting on 2 or more Exchanges as soon as we
are launched which does need ''bribes'' for votes.

We are looking for total of ~3-4 bitcoin investment, In exchange we Offer 1% of The Total Coins (10,000,000)

Whatever the amount you invest , it would be HUGE HELP! even 0.01bitcoin would help out!
You will receive equal Share from total of 10,000,000 coins depending on how large your investment is.

If you want to invest: send the amount of bitcoins you want to invest to:
1MUtvGgnCmHbPELfVfSdkcDmnD9Zng4KoZ

Also here's a small bonus valid for next 48hours:

Invest at least 0.05 bitcoin Get EXTRA 50,000 Coins + your orignal share
Invest at least 0.1 bitcoin Get EXTRA 150,000 Coins + your orignal share
Invest at least 0.2 bitcoin Get EXTRA 350,000 Coins + your orignal share

After sending the amount you want to invest, please send reply to this email to: unitedpx@gmail.com with the amount you have invested and your bitcoin address,
You will receive equal share+bonus depending on how much you have invested.

Cheers, lets make this HUGE!!!
paddox

Activity: 77

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:42:23 PM

If he's not even offering escrow it's probably a scam.
ThinkGreen (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:46:22 PM

If he's not even offering escrow it's probably a scam.

No escrow. Nothing! Just asking for the money.
I think it's an old scam.
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:47:51 PM

Good thing it's busted before it can gox anyone.  Roll Eyes
UnNamedCoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 08:49:09 PM

Well their website is very informative...

I really like how the green slide just went ... "woosh" right in front of my eyes... amazing.

What do they actually do?
ThinkGreen (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:07:37 PM

Well their website is very informative...

I really like how the green slide just went ... "woosh" right in front of my eyes... amazing.

What do they actually do?

I don't know actually.

here is their BTT thread.

Sick of Unstable abandoned CrapCoins? UnitedPayments has got you covered, You can Decide what the Future of UP↑ is!
Launching on 30.th March ,you can Help develop UP↑ and earn a HUGE share already before it's launched for Public!

1: Register at http://www.UnitedPayments.org and claim a FREE 500 UP↑ coins, Refer Friends and earn 500 UP↑ For each member you Refer.
2: Help Develop UnitedPayments and earn one of the 100 MEGA SHARES (each Mega-Share worth 100,000 UP↑)

You can claim one of the 100 Megashares for example by:

-Translating to other languages and/or Posting to related Other forums or even Forums where no1 has heard of cryptocurrencies before
-Building a Game Sites/faucets
-Launching Pools
-Doing offline promotion
-building linux/mac/android wallet and Blockexplorer
-organising giveaways
-promote on twitter/facebook/reddit
-Help get on exchanges
-Make paper wallet
-Again offline promotion,and to people who are new to these CryptoCurrencies
-Being Large merchant and accepting it as one of the payment methods
-Create other different services
-And loads of other things!

Pools:
http://up.altcryptomining.com
If you can provide a pool,let me know,reward is out there to claim!

SPECS:

PoW Algorithm: Scrypt
Re-target: Every 20 blocks
Block Time: 60seconds
Block Reward: 2500 UP↑
Max Supply: 1 Billion UP↑
Premine: 4% (3% to be given away to Public for registering&referring other members / 1% is going for the 100Mega-Shares)

Before you scream Premine,Premine, Shut up already now, You can be one of those 10000+ people who receive it!
No1 has done this on this large scale yet, even This wouldn't be the First Coin even Built It could be Something Big and go mainstream if there are Enough people truly Supporting it and Working for it!

So If you want to claim A Megashere or 2
-Post here how could you help this, Either it's with Promotion (describe how exactly) ,or either helping developing it or building services around it!
-Go out and do it, and post back when you have done your part,and reserve a Megashare for yourself!
-you can claim more then 1 megashare, if you do more then 1 LARGE task
Only List Things what you are actually ready to do!
Remember You can't receive a share IF you don't actually do your promised part, Or Flake or Do it Half-arsed!
If you do your part and this is success your share could be worth LOADS!

To organize Things better everything is done in Waves

wave 1: Coin name/specs/logo/website.
Wave 2: Translating in Different languages /Various online/offline promotions and preparing pools for Launch
wave 3: BEFORE the coin is launched already make for it games,faucets
wave 4: Finishing the Coin itself,finishing making wallet and source for windows/linux/mac
Wave 5: Actual Launch & Making Block explorer and Launch services
wave 6: Again HARD Online/offline Promotion , translating to different languages and promoting it in your home country
wave 7: getting on exchanges, getting merchants and more services and again More promotion!

We are on Wave 2&3 At the moment (Translations/Pre-launch online-offline promotion/ Creating Pools)

A share will be given this round for:

-First 5 Pools launched
-Posting in very large Forums about UnitedPayments and promoting HARD (you can't receive a whole share if you only post at 1 other forum and that post doesn't gains any interest, shares will be only given for Serious work/promotion done to multiple forums)
-Translating to your local language and promoting in your local area
-Making Games/Faucets ready when coin is launched
-Other Significant Things done

If you are interested to Claim a Share in Wave 2&3 Post below with your ideas/ or when you have done your work and want to claim your share
Remember 1 Megashare is worth whooping 100,000 UP↑ So Do your part and you Can earn A LOT!

Please use this thread from now-on as Im not able to update anymore the old one, old thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=498092.0

suryaaji

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:13:29 PM

I lost 10mbtc,,no email reply,,its the last my bitcoin,,oh noo Cry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: