Bitcoin Forum
July 31, 2024, 09:44:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS/WTT] C3dP-MRC: Custom 3D Printed Mining Rig Cases by MStrongbow  (Read 1614 times)
mstrongbow (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:03:36 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 11:30:55 PM by mstrongbow

After a few weeks of design and development, the C3dP-MRC: Custom 3d Printed Mining Rig Cases (open air style) will be available for orders very soon. Quite a few iterations of my design have progressed over the past few weeks and I am proud to finally unveil my design. The C3dP-MRC design offers a compact, lightweight, sleek, and modular design. I have considered many different aspects while designing the C3dP-MRC from sturdiness and stability plus ease of access during build-up and maintenance among others. The C3dP-MRC will allow mounting up to 6 GPUs with proper placement of the PSU mount.

*UPDATE-I am currently modifying the 3d model of the mobo base to have a universal fit so ALL motherboards will fit this setup without requiring modification AND this will allow me to print and stock ALL the parts required, reducing lead time greatly.
Print time for all the pieces is currently estimated around 68 hours with the mobo base taking the most time at around 40 hours.

Features

Customizable (names, logos etc)
Sturdy compact, modular design
Multiple GPU lock-down points
Adjustable height rear/lower GPU support
Integrated 2.5" hdd/ssd bay
Multi-PSU mounting options
Non-conductive material (printed parts are made from ABS)
Production models will utilize black anodized aluminum extrusions
Stack-able w/ quick release mechanism(coming soon)
Optional 3.5" hdd mounting (coming soon)
Made in the USA

Let me expand on exactly how this system is modular. Say you order 1 unit today. A month down the road you are ready to order 2 more units. You will have the option to upgrade from 2 stand-alone units to an ALL-N-ONE unit where up to 4 miners can be placed in a single 60" tall unit. The option of returning your stand-alone unit's extruded aluminum pieces for credit on your new purchase or keep them if you plan on selling/downsizing in the future.

Single Unit Specs:
17"L x 11"W x 14"T

Available in many different colors from red, green, blue, yellow, orange, purple, black, white, silver to glow in the dark colors and neon colors too.
Custom lettering, graphics and 3d images available at extra cost
Custom heights/sizes also available upon request

Currently I am awaiting delivery of the extruded aluminum rails and required hardware before taking orders.
I will be showcasing a Multi-Miner Unit housing 2 miners in the next couple weeks.
Escrow will be made available asap! (Escrow.com perhaps or maybe a Trusted member here?)

Pricing

Single Miner Units
Assembled........................$ 115  shipped to US       or current market equivalent in BTC
Assembly required..............$   90  shipped to US       or current market equivalent in BTC
2nd PSU mount..................$  10                            or current market equivalent in BTC

Multi-Miner Units
pricing info coming soon!

Payment
PayPal accepted
10% off orders paid in BTC
Escrow services available

*Since the mobo base part 3d file is being modified for a universal mobo fit, I will be able to print ALL parts and keep units ready to ship (Black color only for "ready to ship units", other colors can be custom ordered at no extra charge, just extra lead time).

Orders will be fulfilled in order received and all orders should ship within a week or placing order, if not sooner depending current stock on-hand.

Here are some basic pics...

More pictures showing more detail coming very soon! Just waiting on my new camera to arrive, woot!
I am still working on a Power/Reset switch  mount and fine tuning my stacking mechanism.
The front and rear upper cross bars are not shown in all pics above.
Again, apologies for the low quality pics.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Inquiries? Feel free to PM me or post up here.

Thanks for viewing/posting Cheesy

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:31:48 PM

bump

Also updated pricing.

Thanks!

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
kweejee

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:35:47 PM

Is this rig stable? Seems somewhat flimsy compared to a wood or aluminum rig
mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:44:30 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 10:23:31 PM by mstrongbow

Is this rig stable? Seems somewhat flimsy compared to a wood or aluminum rig

Hey hey, thanks for the inquiry.

I know the world of 3d printing is still very foreign to most people so understanding the strength from but a few pics can be a challenge.
My 3d printed parts compare in strength to Acrylic and other similar materials as they are printed using the highest grade ABS filament I can find and I am constantly checking various suppliers for better material at better prices. I can pick up my single miner rig with just one handle and there is little to no flex in the entire unit. I shall demonstrate that very soon, not that I recommend nor do that often.

Aside from being modular, adjustable and customizable, these cases tear down pretty easily and make for easier storage and cheaper shipping fares if one were to sell their rig down the road or buy these and sell complete rigs.

The only "flimsy" part I can point out and probably the same with every other design out there...the lower/rear gpu support lacks any guides or locating tabs to keep the gpu's from wiggling during maintenance etc. I have also been working on incorporating FAN mounting options for those wanting to utilize PC fans.

My rig currently has 4x HD 5800 cards and will be upgrading to a "Multi-Miner" unit housing 2 miners with the main miner running 6x 5870s (coming soon!)

*Got LootCrate?*
mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:20:16 PM

20% OFF ALL CURRENT PRICING
25% OFF CUSTOM ORDERS

eBay and Amazon listings to come as well.

*Got LootCrate?*
mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:59:13 PM

25% OFF CUSTOM ORDERS

Bump

*Got LootCrate?*
mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:22:03 PM

25% OFF CUSTOM ORDERS

Bump

My new camera is set to be delivered today! Time to start setting up a makeshift photo studio for some quality pics.
I've almost got my all-black dual-miner rig complete as well.

*Got LootCrate?*
mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:15:12 PM

bump

*Got LootCrate?*
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: