Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:38:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Batcoin BAT - Batcoin Wallet Startup Loading Fix  (Read 1265 times)
YogisCoin (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:45:53 PM

I posted this on CryptoCoinTalk and I decided to post it here also! I noticed that some have had issues with this and made another wallet on another computer, I did the same thing until I figured this out!!!

If anyone has had a issue loading their BatCoin Wallet try this fix! Use at you own risk, I am not responsible for any harm that comes to your computer or your BatCoin Wallet. I have only tried this on Windows 7! This may work on other operating systems but I am not sure. I do not recommend this but I purposely crashed my computer to recreate the BatCoin Wallet loading issues. I have tried this 3 times and this worked every single time I hope it works for you!

1. Be safe, Backup your wallet first.

2. Make sure the Batcoin Wallet application is not running. I had to force my process to quit.

3. Go to "C:\ProgramData" and delete the folder called "boost_interprocess". You may have to unhide your files to see this folder. I don't know if you have to delete the whole folder or not, I did to be safe. The folder is recreated automatically when starting your wallet the first time. You may just try deleting the file in this folder called "BitcoinURI" which is deleted automatically when you close your wallet safely. I would NOT try and delete this file at anytime that your wallet is running. My issue was because my computer crashed and the program did not close safely so the file was not deleted, and caused a issue when reloading the wallet.

4. Optional: I don't know if this is needed or not but i deleted any file starting with "BATCOIN" in the "C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch" folder, mine was called "BATCOIN-QT_NEW_.EXE-BDAC0D81.pf", Like I said I don't know if this was needed or not. My prefetch file was not recreated when I wrote this and my wallet was working fine. Only try this if the above don't work, but then do all the steps!

5. Restart Wallet! Happy Mining!!! Cheesy

I hope this helps someone, It worked for me! If this works for you please consider donating some BatCoin.
BatCoin Address: AjEeKc3CPYN61dJ56uCSBw8HVpp9N777zo

Yogi
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: