Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:03:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving Armory Database (2+ hours of work no avail)  (Read 1687 times)
amob (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:00:48 PM

EDIT: FIXED!!! but question: the total storage needed is around 40 gigs right? the blockchain and the armory database?

Hi all,

I am pulling my hair here trying to get my armory database moved. I have read endless threads / troubleshooting and tried everything and just cannot get it to work. Please help!

I want to get the database and blockchain on a 2nd HD my D:\ drive

Here is what I did:

1) downloaded bitcoinqt and ran it

2) downloaded the blockchain to my 2nd HD: D:\bitcoin\

3) installed armory database

4) went to settings and changed "bitcoin install dir" to D:\bitcoin

5) changed bitcoin home dir to d:\bitcoin

6) re-ran armory, it worked just fine. I then went to c:\users\amob\appdata\roaming\armory\databases and found 20 gigs there!

7) after much research it looked like I needed to run a command prompt line with my shortcut so I did:
D:\Bitcoin\Armory\ArmoryQt.exe  --datadir="d:\bitcoin\armory”

yes that is two spaces between armoryqt.exe and the two dashes

Cool the databases on C:\ will not move!!!

Please help me Sad. I do not know what I am doing wrong!

Also with the armory database and blockchain, I am guessing the total GB is around 40? Is this right?

Thank you!!

-amob

edit: I have also tried D:\Bitcoin\Armory\ArmoryQt.exe  --dbdir="d:\bitcoin\armory”

edit2: it was the double space issue between the exe and two dashes. Wow all that time wasted for nothing. Sorry guys. I guess I have only one question: the total storage needed is around 40 gigs right? the blockchain and the armory database?

omegaflare

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:45:31 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 06:15:35 PM by omegaflare

So the double space needs to be removed? LMK!

EDIT: nevermind, I got it! Cheesy!

FYI: it doesn't move the database, it re-downloads the database online. When it's done, you simply can delete the database in the %appdata% directory. TA-DA! TOODLE-LOO!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: