Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:49:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PoS vs PoW later this year  (Read 403 times)
RussianEnglishTranslation

Activity: 840
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 15, 2022, 11:16:43 AM

Many are waiting for it and Now the price of Ethereum is $1670 what will happen if Ethereum if all stages are completed in the future?
I think Ethereum will fall below 500 usd before we see a move towards an ATH. A lot of people and institutions are being liquidated right now, which is causing a price cascade down. I'm investing in new projects that launched recently (like CNDL and Lumina1), that way there aren't any bagholders looking to dump on me.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WeedGoW

Activity: 274
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 15, 2022, 02:14:19 PM

ETH is below its 2017 ATM. And all this due to the stETH depeg. If this was a bull market it wouldn’t of been a big deal but on a weekend when liquidity is low it’s crazy how fast it has fallen.

If the stocks have a bad week, you can see it fall closer to the $1000 area. Most likely won’t be the bottom. Too much bearish news out lately and I wonder when we will get some relief. The CPI numbers certainly made things much much worse.
ETH and stETH are not linked together, dude. Only one way from ETH to 'voucher' stETH that I really don't understand why people trade their ETH for that shitty coin and the empty promise of staking. stETH can drop down to zero for all I care and ETH still stand. Maybe when people start to understand that, ETH can stop being fud by some shitcoin trying to link and peg to ETH.
lixer

Activity: 2506
Merit: 586

View Profile
June 16, 2022, 09:10:48 PM

ETH is below its 2017 ATM. And all this due to the stETH depeg. If this was a bull market it wouldn’t of been a big deal but on a weekend when liquidity is low it’s crazy how fast it has fallen.

If the stocks have a bad week, you can see it fall closer to the $1000 area. Most likely won’t be the bottom. Too much bearish news out lately and I wonder when we will get some relief. The CPI numbers certainly made things much much worse.
ETH and stETH are not linked together, dude. Only one way from ETH to 'voucher' stETH that I really don't understand why people trade their ETH for that shitty coin and the empty promise of staking. stETH can drop down to zero for all I care and ETH still stand. Maybe when people start to understand that, ETH can stop being fud by some shitcoin trying to link and peg to ETH.
For a potential to make more money? I do not know why they do it, I have zero idea why anyone would give the real thing and take the fake thing and be okay with it, hell IU do not put my money into stablecoins with the same mindset.

However, I could sort of understand how people are making a mistake with the current situation, everything is chaotic at this point and that is why they are making these radical moves so that they could protect at least a bit of their money. For me, I would only come up with "making more profit this way" as the only solution, all the others are looking like it would be a bad decision and I wouldn't really invest any other reason.

Smitty Werben Man Jensen

Activity: 1568
Merit: 100

COMBONetwork

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 07:27:18 PM

we must know the difference between POS and POW first before thinking that both are good algorithms for Ethereum,
and in my opinion Ethereum is much better using POW, and I think if Ethereum moves to POS, then Miners will also move to other coins,
this is what will make disaster for Ethereum, and there are already a lot of rumors regarding the next ETH,
on twitter they say Ravencoin will be a good successor.

Captain Corporate

Activity: 1974
Merit: 575

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2022, 07:51:13 PM

Just because there is a big market fall, doesn't mean that ETH is responsible for it, nor should we consider ethereum to be doing badly individually neither since this is a general thing. I am hoping that it would get better all together but thats not looking like a likely thing at all right now. I am guessing that the best thing we can do right now would be to just hodl and wait. ETH will have a big chance to provide proof that PoS will be a lot better, because the biggest problem ETH faces right now is the gas fee when bull run happens, if PoS can fix that then everyone will love it, if it can't fix it then getting rid of GPU miners won't make much financial advantage.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀

View Profile
June 20, 2022, 05:34:06 PM

Many are waiting for it and Now the price of Ethereum is $1670 what will happen if Ethereum if all stages are completed in the future?

Let's do the math
Lowest price now is $1700 highest $4800 (approx)
Eth 2.0 will kill off 90% of its coin generation (triple halving).
A halving should in theory double the price.
A triple halving is 8x the current price.

So anywhere from $13600 to $38400 per ETH is a sane estimate.
Woah, hold your horses there bucko. 1. You are assuming everything goes well in the merge and sharding. 2. You forget that 38000 dollar ETH means 1500 dollar gas fees, which means most people will be using other chains, not Ethereum, which means the price will never get that high because nobody will be using it. I believe Ethereum will do well long term but only because it will be integrated with Flare and the internet computer, not because of its inherent technology or number of users.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 05:40:52 PM

The increasing number of governments that require more and more renewable energy and the amount of consumption in mining world made it a bit of forced thing to go on in the future. ETH did not force themselves to do this, they took an early action because they are famous for being many many years in the work before they can actually implement something.

This resulted with them making the first initial steps a few years ago, and it will probably not end this year, questionable even for next year but will need to go there. This will allow everyone to keep on making money from staking something as awesome as ETH, and there won't be any need to sell to pay the electricity bills of mining, plus everyone will have more reason to buy now.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 11:57:26 PM

Im sure that if there will be no change until bitcoin will become bullish trend again. Just feel curious when the POS will be implemented and is this mean if ethereum will become deflationary coin?
The burn mechanism is still exist and then no new coin will be generated from the market. POS and POW have become the problem since a few years ago where some people said that POS was better and more conservative but this less decentralized compared with the POW.
Some people were also thinking that if POW was perfect.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
GEMIN_M4

Activity: 237
Merit: 19

View Profile
June 22, 2022, 06:17:37 AM

Let's do the math

What type of prediction is this? 🤣🤣🤣 I believe the only thing that makes Ethereum to be as good as it is today is the Smart contract and PoW algorithm, getting rid of the PoW algorithm won't do any good, PoS? Lol PoW is always better, I thought Buterin knows better, I was wrong.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
AnonBitCoiner

Activity: 1386
Merit: 326

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2022, 12:16:35 AM

PoS has benefits but it end up look like banks and other large groups of people with lots of money. The big new stake pool can only be started if there are enough people to invest, but few rich people can start a pool and keep on enlarging their wealth. POW gives equal power, plus people with math or tech skills usually earn more. POW also has wealth element but skills are needed too. PoS seems wealth focused only.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2022, 03:14:09 AM

It seems that Ethereum is really having difficulty starting to switch with Proof-of-stake (POS).
For me, the only downside of Ethereum is the scalability which POS is their solution for it, but already years passed, and we still don't have it.

For me, it's still a good thing, we will not push if it's still not ready, very risky.

I also don't care with the price right now, if you are really looking for long term, price right now will not matter especially if you are believing to the project.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 03:06:58 PM

It is difficult to say what will happen to Ethereum after the transition from POW to POS. As for its price, I think it will depend on the general situation on the market, that is, if the market goes up, then the price of Ethereum will go up, if it goes down, then the price will go down. As for the cost of transactions in the Ethereum network, there is information that the transition to them will not be displayed, which means they will remain at the same level. But something tells me that this transition will not happen until the market passes its bottom, but how it will actually be, time will tell.
Cryptoababe

Activity: 710
Merit: 18

Do it For Better Humanity

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 10:13:28 PM

For me.. I think more users will want to use the Ethereum network because they think its more decentralised than other Blockchain of its type. This should make the Ether coin price go higher also. Because they will be more demand for the coin from different kinds of users.
Ojengonggu

Activity: 756
Merit: 105

Trphy.io

View Profile
June 24, 2022, 07:54:09 AM

For me.. I think more users will want to use the Ethereum network because they think its more decentralised than other Blockchain of its type. This should make the Ether coin price go higher also. Because they will be more demand for the coin from different kinds of users.

Maybe they haven't been able to raise the price of Ethereum because the current bitcoin price is still cheap.
Among other blockchain blockchains, Ethereum has been very convincing for its users from the past, even though now there are other blockchains such as the BSC Blockchain.
Over time, if the price of bitcoin is back to normal of course the price of Ethereum will also be expensive again like last year.

Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
June 24, 2022, 09:58:55 AM

if I had to choose between PoS and PoW, of course I would prefer PoS, because it's very environmentally friendly,
not only that, because PoS is a good algorithm and everyone's favorite, and I think Ethereum really does the best for their Holders ,
because now it's not only miners who have passive income

S3300

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2022, 07:27:11 AM

Let's do the math

Can't stop laughing with this prediction, BTC is under 25,000$ and your ETH prediction is 38,000$??? The realistic fact is ETH will turn 500$ once again in this bear market, either PoW and PoS it won't make a difference, if ETH is ever going to reach 15k per coin its left for BTC to decide, yea, if BTC ever reach 100k some day though.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 01, 2022, 12:38:29 PM

It is difficult to say what will happen to Ethereum in the future when the transition from POW to POS is completed. However, it can be assumed that those who want to earn on Ethereum will buy it in order to participate in supporting the network and earn on commissions. If at that time the crypto market continues to decline, then the transition from POW to POS will probably not give a special result for the growth of the price of Ethereum, but if the crypto market passes its next bottom and goes up, then this may lead to another flight to the moon and reaching the price of Ethereum new ATH. In any case, this seems to me a more logical development of events, but I can be wrong and everything can be completely different.
blue_hurricanger

Activity: 653
Merit: 183

View Profile
July 01, 2022, 07:43:27 PM

Let's do the math

Can't stop laughing with this prediction, BTC is under 25,000$ and your ETH prediction is 38,000$??? The realistic fact is ETH will turn 500$ once again in this bear market, either PoW and PoS it won't make a difference, if ETH is ever going to reach 15k per coin its left for BTC to decide, yea, if BTC ever reach 100k some day though.
Remember back then when ETH still new and has a shot at BTC. That everyone was talking about ETH going to dethrone BTC in the future aka the flip? Guess, this is where he holds his hope for the upcoming ETH 2.0 to do that. Who knows? This is cryptocurrency after all. My hope isn't as big as him but I do think ETH 2.0 PoS will help ETH overcome this low price point now.

View Profile
July 05, 2022, 12:55:30 PM

It is difficult to say what will happen to Ethereum in the future when the transition from POW to POS is completed. However, it can be assumed that those who want to earn on Ethereum will buy it in order to participate in supporting the network and earn on commissions. If at that time the crypto market continues to decline, then the transition from POW to POS will probably not give a special result for the growth of the price of Ethereum, but if the crypto market passes its next bottom and goes up, then this may lead to another flight to the moon and reaching the price of Ethereum new ATH. In any case, this seems to me a more logical development of events, but I can be wrong and everything can be completely different.
I don't think that anyone is going to even use Ethereum anymore because the merge will not solve the slow transaction speed issue. People are just speculating that it will be deflationary but they don't realize that if the chain isn't being used, then there is no value. This is why I sold my ETH for FTM and CNDL. Both of these projects are technically superior and have a brighter future long term.
fuguebtc

Activity: 1764
Merit: 522

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
July 11, 2022, 04:13:09 AM

I don't think that anyone is going to even use Ethereum anymore because the merge will not solve the slow transaction speed issue. People are just speculating that it will be deflationary but they don't realize that if the chain isn't being used, then there is no value. This is why I sold my ETH for FTM and CNDL. Both of these projects are technically superior and have a brighter future long term.
Like bitcoin, a lot of projects claim to be better and will topple bitcoin. Same with ETH, look at the projects that came out later and how many projects claim to be ETH killers and do you see any of them succeed.  I still haven't found anyone who can do that.

Crypto community is very excited about ETH upgrade which has lasted for more than 4 years, I don't know if ETH price will increase or will reach new ATH once upgrade is done?. But switching to POS is a great thing I also expect from ETH, it is eco-friendly and will result in significantly lower ETH gas fees.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄