Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 04:30:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pricing things in Bitcoin rather than in US dollar what this could mean for BTC?  (Read 316 times)
Bitstar_coin

Activity: 2436
Merit: 693

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2022, 06:40:17 AM

How would you feel if you have (BTC),goods and services other asset  are  no longer priced in US dollar (fiat) and eventually priced in BTC ?
Share your thoughts.

That would mean btc is no longer pegged to any fiat currency which will automatically eliminate the volatility,  price speculation, btc becomes the number one currency that is universally accepted.
To own a btc will only be through providing a service and no more buying through fiat, all alts will be pegged to btc along with rest of all other assets (in other words, the entire economy operations will be in btc).

I think I will feel same as before, but what will change though is economic inflation and the gap between the haves and the haves not, since btc has a limited supply, I assume this will play key role in wealth distribution and also prevent government ability to print uncontrollable. However, coming back to reality @op this is highly unlikely to happen.  Smiley

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
doomloop

Activity: 2310
Merit: 581

View Profile
June 13, 2022, 05:53:20 PM

Generally, in my own view this News could trigger a shift in the mindset of people to start thinking pricing things in value of Bitcoin rather than in dollar.
But, it has been said that they hate btc and its volatility in its price so therefore people will avoid this idea rather than using it to price their goods but there are still solid btc believers that can do this. Usually these things can start to happen when a country start to make btc as a legal tender.

How would you feel if you have (BTC),goods and services other asset  are  no longer priced in US dollar (fiat) and eventually priced in BTC ?
Share your thoughts.
I feel good of course because if I have a btc, it also means that I am a btc enthusiast. I will like it more better if the world turn to btc instead of usd/fiat and other local currencies. Pricing things in bitcoin rather than in u.s dollar could mean a good thing for btc of course because that means that the end of u.s dollar is near. It also means that btc is soon to be made as a legal tender.

Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 15, 2022, 01:22:32 AM

FED is recently pricing goods in Bitcoin.
Though this news came out last week.

A YouTube video published by a bitcoiner and crypto enthusiast -Anthony Pompliano  and article I read online regarding this news.
https://youtu.be/XyCdearSTbs

The St. Louis Federal Reserve published a post.
"Which Shows that Bitcoin is a Unit of an account" for measuring things like price volatility.

Cracking Bitcoin-Volatility Case

According to the post “Buying eggs with bitcoins – a look at currency-related price volatility,” the Eggs/BTC graph,
The FRED graph, essentially compares egg prices in USD versus bitcoins.  (i.e trying to show that Bitcoin price is volatile)
But Misses the Big Picture: Which shows Bitcoin is a Unit of an account"

Further, crypto Community Reacts:

Deemester admitted that the Eggs/BTC graph was created to diss bitcoin’s volatility but also said that it did manage “to add another notch in the credibility belt of hard digital cash.”
https://cryptopotato.com/fed-prices-eggs-in-bitcoin-but-misses-the-big-picture-crypto-community-reacts/

Generally, in my own view this News could trigger a shift in the mindset of people to start thinking pricing things in value of Bitcoin rather than in dollar.

Share your thoughts.

That has always been the dream. But unfortunately, it may never materialize because governments will continue to patronize Fiat no matter what. The US Dollar may be falling, but it won't disappear anytime soon. The same can be said about currencies from other countries. If the day where you can pay things with Bitcoin directly comes, then I'd imagine most of us will become filthy rich. A Bitcoin standard will surely fix the world.

I've heard about El Salvador and the Central African Republic making Bitcoin legal tender, so this is a step forward for "hyperbitcoinization" to become a reality. Who knows if other countries join the game, as Fiat continues to lose ground in the mainstream economy? Crypto is widely unpredictable, so anything could happen in the future. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Ojengonggu

Activity: 756
Merit: 105

Trphy.io

View Profile
June 15, 2022, 01:48:04 AM

But, it has been said that they hate btc and its volatility in its price so therefore people will avoid this idea rather than using it to price their goods but there are still solid btc believers that can do this. Usually these things can start to happen when a country start to make btc as a legal tender.

How would you feel if you have (BTC),goods and services other asset  are  no longer priced in US dollar (fiat) and eventually priced in BTC ?
Share your thoughts.
I feel good of course because if I have a btc, it also means that I am a btc enthusiast. I will like it more better if the world turn to btc instead of usd/fiat and other local currencies. Pricing things in bitcoin rather than in u.s dollar could mean a good thing for btc of course because that means that the end of u.s dollar is near. It also means that btc is soon to be made as a legal tender.

Even if we look forward to bitcoin being used as a legal means of payment, of course we will also have risks too.
When a bitcoin has a high value price, of course we feel pleasure because we get big profits, but if the price is cheap as it is today, of course they will find it difficult to find other bitcoins to cover their losses.
And it is very different from the role of the dollar or other fiat money which does not have a drastic decline like the dollar, rising and falling prices can still be reached and different from the decline in bitcoin prices at any time.

tjtonmoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 366

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2022, 05:04:20 AM

As we have learned from our childhood, measuring price or calculating in a unit which we are familiar is easy. Because we have learned that over and over.
As BTCitcoin have some time high price and low price depending on the market condition, it will be hard to price goods based on BTCitcoin.
And in the end people will still calculate or, in other word, convert the value of BTCitcoin into US $ for the price.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: