Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:09:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SaltyDragon a MMOBIG on Raptoreum & Lineage II  (Read 300 times)
SaltyDragon (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 5
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2022, 07:01:25 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2022, 01:37:04 PM by SaltyDragon
Merited by GeePeeU (1)

size=18pt]SaltyDragon is a project that is taking the massively popular Lineage II MMORPG (Interlude chronicle) and integrating the Raptoreum (RTM) Blockchain.[/size]

Links

FAQs: https://saltydragon.io/faqs/
Discord: https://discord.gg/P9FhYyJ95m
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SaltyDragon10
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/drakkenl2
Raptoreum Discord: https://discord.gg/raptoreum

Project Status: Design & Development

About The SaltyDragon Project

The SaltyDragon project is being built to try and achieve the following;
📖 As a visual, interactive, teaching and educational tool for Blockchain.
- Demonstrate how a blockchain integration with Raptoreum can be used and allow people to experience and interact with it first hand.
- For fun!
- Creation and use of NFTs from inside a visual easy to use interface (Lineage II game client).
- Demonstrate how smart contracts, RTM, and NFTs can be combined and used to create a highly flexible and trustless system benefiting the players.
- Cross game transfers of items VIA NFT, can be automated when contracts are available.

How The Integration Will Work (this is still being hammered out and is subject to change)

We are exploring a couple of different options for client integration, optimally a lite wallet written in c++ as the game client is written in c++. Players need to have full control of their own funds and keys, a rough list of the functionality available ingame due to the integration below. The gameserver itself will also have some integration with the Raptoreum Blockchain. Any mention of NFT is only once Raptoreum has them available on mainnet.

- Ability to send player to player.
- Can send and receive externally (RTM and rNFT).
- Receive RTM from the server. This will be for drops, events, olympiad, etc. No this is not a play to earn model. Also considering the idea of creating a custom ingame currency which can be exchanged for RTM at NPC.
- Decrypt wallet on game load before any server communications takes place.
- Wallet auto encrypted on game close.
- Can tokenize (create a NFT) items while playing.
- Tokenized items cannot be transferred to another player unless the attached NFT is also sent.
- Allow players who own a bitknife to bring them ingame. You can read about bitknives on the Raptoreum blog (https://blog.raptoreum.com/what-are-bitknives/). This is dependent on the bitknife owner supplying the virtual replica in correct format as well as transferring the attached NFT for the knife to their game RTM wallet. Bitknives will have similar stats to other weapons nothing IMBA, cannot be dropped but if you go red from PK item will not be usable.
- Query the Raptoreum blockchain from ingame for network info, transaction data, etc.
- Donation items only available using RTM, these will be mostly cosmetic, pets, nothing imba (imbalanced).

Players will need to register their wallet ingame with the server so it is known to the server and can be watched / used.

Server Features

- Rates: This is the rate multipliers at which xp, sp, drops, adena, aa, quest itms, etc are set to over official which is considered 1x. Rates are not yet decided other than it will be low rate (3x to 5x).
Antibot: Best in the scene which detects and defends against all L2 bots, these days that is mostly adrenaline and L2helper.

This is a work in progress and I will be updating it over the next weeks frequently

We are currently looking for people interested in helping with the project;

Web Development & Design: 1-2 people to develop the web based account panel skills wanted are php, sql, java, css, html. You must be confident in your code!

Artist / Graphic Design: Logo creation. Graphics for site, launcher, social media, and possibly for a few things ingame.

Game Masters: For game moderation, reports investigation, and running events. Lineage 2 experience with builder experience is a bonus.

Santas Little Helpers: The focus of SaltyDragon is not to attract they very old and seasoned Lineage 2 crowd, but the Crypto crowd, most of whom will not be familiar with the game. As a Santas Little Helper your mission should you choose to accept it would be tracking down good existing guides or creating new ones. Also to help in Discord with Lineage II specific questions.

Community Managers: Discord moderation and support.

Promotion: 1-2 people interested in getting the word out about the project to the Crypto community.

Is it paid?
SaltyDragon is not designed to make money, it is being built to showcase what a blockchain integration on Raptoreum (RTM) can do, and how anybody can easily make use of such an integration. It is possible the server does make some money after costs through donations, items bought in shops (nothing imba), etc.

If that happens then I am happy to spread it around on those that have been contributing. Mainly I am looking for people that want to help build something fun and educational that can showcase Raptoreum and are not strictly in it to make $$.

This ANN is a work in progress and will be updated frequently over the next few weeks.

Building a MMOBIG (massively multiplayer online blockchain integrated game) using Lineage II and Raptoreum (RTM).
wildpantz

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2022, 07:33:32 AM

Hey, your discord link isn't working. I could swear I joined the server in the morning, went to work and the link doesn't work and I'm not there anymore.
SaltyDragon (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2022, 09:52:30 AM

Hey, your discord link isn't working. I could swear I joined the server in the morning, went to work and the link doesn't work and I'm not there anymore.
Captcha bot it kicks you after 10 minutes or so. I made a change to make it more visible and apparent.

Try this invite: https://discord.gg/5Yjsd67u

Sorry about that.

Building a MMOBIG (massively multiplayer online blockchain integrated game) using Lineage II and Raptoreum (RTM).
SaltyDragon (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2022, 05:21:59 PM

Account management system and API is about 90% complete. This is fully integrated with the forums (XenForo) and will allow for game account, character, and donation management from inside your forum account.

Gameserver will be up in "newbie" mode for those that are unfamiliar with Lineage II (Interlude) to get to know the game before launch. RTM blockchain integration is not yet available ingame.

Newbie mode means rates are set to 100x, class changes done through NPC for adena and a few other things to make experiencing the game stages without too much grind is possible.

nira09

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 05, 2022, 04:58:09 PM

Are the people you need to complete your team fully met? Because it doesn't seem easy to hire people without getting paid.
Could it be that you don't have your token allocation for the team?
cryptoperkele

Activity: 889
Merit: 60

View Profile
August 17, 2022, 09:24:40 AM

So what have you done so far? Because looks like this is a graphic designer looking for people to build for him/her, or you are using projects like midjourney to make graphics for you and got an idea for a project. I am not judging, that's actually a good idea, i am just checking if i am on a right track.

terciduk123

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 18, 2022, 04:04:53 AM

Your site is still under development, When will it be fully released? Besides, why did you choose to use the Raptoreum Blockchain? Even though there are better ones, Raptoreum looks like a blockchain that has few users.
SaltyDragon (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2022, 12:20:37 AM

Are the people you need to complete your team fully met? Because it doesn't seem easy to hire people without getting paid.
Could it be that you don't have your token allocation for the team?

The team as far as technical need is complete, we will just be needing a few gamemasters.

So what have you done so far? Because looks like this is a graphic designer looking for people to build for him/her, or you are using projects like midjourney to make graphics for you and got an idea for a project. I am not judging, that's actually a good idea, i am just checking if i am on a right track.

What we have done so far is:

- Assembled a small but talented team.
- Game account management system integrated into Xenforo, including donations management, for things like cosmetics, pets.
- Began working on Raptoreum integration into both game client and server (still very early stage).
- Setup and configured gameserver and client for open beta testing.
- Early stage of adding Raptoreums bitknives into game client and server.

We have an awesome graphics designer helping out from the Raptoreum team.

Your site is still under development, When will it be fully released? Besides, why did you choose to use the Raptoreum Blockchain? Even though there are better ones, Raptoreum looks like a blockchain that has few users.

The site, I do not know at this time. I am slowly working on it as I have time, it will be some weeks still. Most time is going other places at the moment. Raptoreum has done well right from its launch and it has features that are important now and in the future. Raptoreum has over 2 million wallets holding RTM, network over 2 million transactions, 12k+ members on Discord, close to that on Twitter, a bunch of international communities. It is not well known yet but it is well used.

terciduk123

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 26, 2022, 08:44:03 AM

The site, I do not know at this time. I am slowly working on it as I have time, it will be some weeks still. Most time is going other places at the moment. Raptoreum has done well right from its launch and it has features that are important now and in the future. Raptoreum has over 2 million wallets holding RTM, network over 2 million transactions, 12k+ members on Discord, close to that on Twitter, a bunch of international communities. It is not well known yet but it is well used.

When compared to other Blockchain the number of 2 million wallets is not a large number. Raptoreum also has poor daily trading volume, less than $50000 USD. But if you have a different opinion, that's your choice, it's just that your project needs a supportive network to grow faster.
SaltyDragon (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2022, 12:33:01 PM

When compared to other Blockchain the number of 2 million wallets is not a large number. Raptoreum also has poor daily trading volume, less than $50000 USD. But if you have a different opinion, that's your choice, it's just that your project needs a supportive network to grow faster.

Adoption will come with time. It has the features, decentralization, and security I want for this project, it is a perfect fit.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: