Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:03:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It is now that is decided who is going to win and who is not (mining)  (Read 309 times)
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1051

View Profile
June 22, 2022, 06:08:03 PM

I have seen a slight uptick on Ethermine. Most of my rigs are off right now due to the warmer weather. But I do have two rigs mining and will keep an eye on the yield. If it goes up by much I might turn the other rigs on again. Hopefully the weather will cool down a bit. But we have some warm weather next week. Not going to run the rigs in warm weather and then have to blast AC to cool the house down. No thanks. The profitability is too low to suffer through that and pay the extra electrical costs.

If price of ETH rises a bit, hashrate will continue to increase because small miners will turn their rigs again, in my opinion, it's just small miners turning off their miners or just waiting to see the direction of the market, if they mine again or sell GPUs

And who are the small miners? is it 10 or 100 cards?
If a miner has 1-10 video cards, then he is unlikely to turn off mining, because, as a rule, video cards are installed at his home, electricity is not expensive and there are no additional costs.
If a miner has 100 or more video cards, then he probably has a separate room where he pays rent and security. He can turn off mining, but the costs of rent and security must be paid. He will not wait for the price of cryptocurrencies to rise. He will either close the business or will have losses for a certain time.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: