Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:30:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tell me your plan  (Read 579 times)
Widdop37

Activity: 130
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 17, 2022, 06:07:32 PM

I might consider buying many Flux coins if the price ever fall down to 0.12$ but right now I don't have interest in any investment right now, I am fully prepared though, I've stacked some stable coins in my wallet but things feel too early right now.

"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
badbart

Activity: 449
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 17, 2022, 06:34:30 PM

My plan is to stay short btc, turn off rigs when electricity cost is more then the coins mined.  Use profits from short position to buy what ever miners look good, gpu or ASICS when the market bottoms.
kensaii

Activity: 396
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 07:23:08 PM

Here is an unpopular opinion despite I was in the mining section: None of the PoW altcoins will survive in the future. My reason is if you look at the market right now, most coins that stay at the top CMC have nothing to do with PoW at all. Just BTC since it was the first crypto and ETH's going to change from PoW to PoS. That clearly shows you investors don't like PoW coins anymore. You can't pump a coin if there are thousands of miners mining and selling that coin every day as long as they see a profit after ROI and electricity. So my plan is not to get any PoW coins at all if I looking for long-term investment.
Coinfarm ventures

Activity: 182
Merit: 152

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 08:23:01 PM

Here is an unpopular opinion despite I was in the mining section: None of the PoW altcoins will survive in the future.
There are many people who had this opinion in past bear markets but have been proven wrong. The worst point for PoW GPU altcoins was in late 2014. So I will focus more on Bitcoin but still keep a few rigs for speculative mining.
cryptosize

Activity: 1638
Merit: 301

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 02:26:24 PM

Here is an unpopular opinion despite I was in the mining section: None of the PoW altcoins will survive in the future. My reason is if you look at the market right now, most coins that stay at the top CMC have nothing to do with PoW at all. Just BTC since it was the first crypto and ETH's going to change from PoW to PoS. That clearly shows you investors don't like PoW coins anymore. You can't pump a coin if there are thousands of miners mining and selling that coin every day as long as they see a profit after ROI and electricity. So my plan is not to get any PoW coins at all if I looking for long-term investment.
Not really. They're not CO2-o-phobiacs.

The reason people buy XRP, ADA, DOGE is because they're cheap:

https://www.alleydog.com/glossary/definition.php?term=Unit+Bias
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 02:38:17 PM

Here is an unpopular opinion despite I was in the mining section: None of the PoW altcoins will survive in the future.

Proof of work can be something else, i mean not based in electricity, so at moment and as far as I can see, pow coins will be at the top of the pyramid. Anyway, the future you talk about is a vast place where things will be tested and be placed in the right time, so until the end of time, everything is replaceable.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
devil2man

Activity: 759
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 07:30:16 PM

Personally i will continue to mine eth until it is possible then i will pass to mine aion and equilibria which even if they now have a relatively low value have a good yield in mining (you get a lot of coins daily)
ZeeeN

Activity: 297
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 20, 2022, 06:12:31 PM

i think dual miner with other coin you like is the plan.

because i think ETH will survive like BTC
kensaii

Activity: 396
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 20, 2022, 06:38:54 PM

There are many people who had this opinion in past bear markets but have been proven wrong. The worst point for PoW GPU altcoins was in late 2014. So I will focus more on Bitcoin but still keep a few rigs for speculative mining.
Oh, I agree with you on many things you've posted in this section, Coinfarm ventures. This one, you've to agree with me. PoW-based crypto isn't the trend anymore and it doesn't take a fool to see that. As I mentioned, you can open up CMC list and see for yourself how many PoW coins still stay at the top and how many new coins that were un-mineable slowly take up the CMC, and push PoW coins out.

Not really. They're not CO2-o-phobiacs.
The reason people buy XRP, ADA, DOGE is because they're cheap:
https://www.alleydog.com/glossary/definition.php?term=Unit+Bias
It wasn't about CO2, bro. It was about PoW-based crypto having this diff and hashpower that attached to the coin which make any pump falls short. If you were an investor, tell me which do you prefer? A coin with a vague value that no one can grasp to invest in or a coin that every day, miners with their hashpower mine and sell it at the market price?

Proof of work can be something else, i mean not based in electricity, so at moment and as far as I can see, pow coins will be at the top of the pyramid. Anyway, the future you talk about is a vast place where things will be tested and be placed in the right time, so until the end of time, everything is replaceable.
This is something I can agree with. Right now, I can only see BTC which is at the top but no way for new PoW-based crypto to be at the top of the pyramid anymore. Market and future are ever-changing and you're right when saying everything is replaceable. This is including PoW which I saw slowly being replaced by the other non PoW-based.
Coinfarm ventures

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 03:26:20 AM

As I mentioned, you can open up CMC list and see for yourself how many PoW coins still stay at the top
A rising tide lifts all boats. What matters is whether the market cap of GPU PoW coins increases as a whole or decreases. I think it will increase over time even if PoS coins grow faster. Was the GPU mining gold rush in 2021 smaller than 2018, or bigger? I think there were at least twice as many cards.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 03:32:15 AM

As I mentioned, you can open up CMC list and see for yourself how many PoW coins still stay at the top
A rising tide lifts all boats. What matters is whether the market cap of GPU PoW coins increases as a whole or decreases. I think it will increase over time even if PoS coins grow faster. Was the GPU mining gold rush in 2021 smaller than 2018, or bigger? I think there were at least twice as many cards.

2021 was nothing like 2018 or 2014. Back then there was shortages of GPUs but you could still pre order them and get it at MSRP.

You could also get some second hand on Craigslist for a fair price. Many didn’t know what crypto was back then. Now every gamer knows he has some precious GPU and charges arm and leg for it or just mines themselves with nicehash.

Back in 2014 you had to have some knowledge of crypto to mine, these days you just download nicehash and put in your Coinbase address and you are set. No need to learn anything. Back then you had to do your homework and most were lazy.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
cryptosize

Merit: 301

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 01:16:01 PM

BEAM is an underrated gem.

Next cycle will be heavily biased towards privacy... few people understand why.
CryptoATM

Activity: 368
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 05:33:29 PM

12 cent per Flux looks too cheap and unrealistic to me, do not sit and wait for such price per flux it's better to start accumulating bit by bit, BTC just recover to 23000$ today and even Ethereum is now at 1200$ again, I wasn't expecting that fast recovery, some are saying we already hit the bottom.
Pendrak

Activity: 208
Merit: 46

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 06:52:23 PM

My plan is keep mining.
Coinfarm ventures

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 08:25:02 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2022, 10:07:36 PM by Coinfarm ventures

2021 was nothing like 2018 or 2014. Back then there was shortages of GPUs but you could still pre order them and get it at MSRP.
Video card prices

2014: 2x MSRP for AMD, MSRP for nVidia
2018: 2x MSRP for AMD, 1.5x MSRP for nVidia
2021: 3x MSRP for AMD, 3x MSRP for nVidia

PoW permabears will argue that when ETH goes PoS, 'GPU mining will be dead' but when considering a 10x increase in price in the future, the other GPU coins will eventually make up for the loss of ETH block rewards. Mining will never be as big as it was during 2021, but enough to sustain enthusiasts like us. If PoS happens today, there will be a total mining crash, but not during the next gold rush.

I am a PoW bear for 2022, but a bull for 2023+
FP91G
Legendary

Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 22, 2022, 06:13:45 PM

BEAM is an underrated gem.

Next cycle will be heavily biased towards privacy... few people understand why.
I also mined this gem instead of ethereum for several months. And I really regret that I didn’t sell this useless shitcoin for a dollar. Now the price of this coin is 12 cents. If I have the opportunity to sell this coin for a dollar, then I will do it and forget about it.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 03:16:12 AM

From what I remember AMD GPUs never were selling for 2x MSRP back in 2014. I remember there was shortages and maybe a few scalpers selling for $100 extra profit however it wasn’t like it was in 2021.

Back then you would get alerts when they had in stock for GPUs on certain computer websites and you would buy one ASAP at MSRP it was never marked up.

When shelves were empty, the crypto mining went bust very quickly. By spring there was no profits to be made pretty much. The shortages were maybe 2-3 months long.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Coinfarm ventures

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 04:43:12 AM

When shelves were empty, the crypto mining went bust very quickly. By spring there was no profits to be made pretty much. The shortages were maybe 2-3 months long.
That was definitely a quick gold rush. I remember buying an R9 270 card for 40-50% above MSRP. I wish I kept mining during that bear market... at the time, I never thought the 2000 DOGE I got every hour would be worth $2000 someday. The coins I mined would be worth $3.6m if I sold them for half the ATH.
FP91G
Legendary

Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 02:24:43 PM

In 2015, one AMD Radeon R9 280 video card gave about 6 Ethereum coins per day. Even if I were to sell coins now, it would be millions of dollars. But then no one understood the value of these coins and miners sold them for a few tens of cents or less.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Coinfarm ventures

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 02:54:24 PM

In 2015, one AMD Radeon R9 280 video card gave about 6 Ethereum coins per day. Even if I were to sell coins now, it would be millions of dollars. But then no one understood the value of these coins and miners sold them for a few tens of cents or less.
This is why the get-rich-quick 'miner bro' types who just install Nicehash on Windows then immediately sell their coins for fiat $ will lose in the long run. Mining is supposed to be a long-term venture where miners have confidence in the coin and HODL the coin because it's cheaper to mine them than to buy them. It took until 2019 for me to learn that lesson.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: