Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:21:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: still unconfirmed  (Read 3079 times)
dmurph (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 03:33:30 AM

Hello,

So I created a separate wallet a couple days ago as my "secure" wallet and I sent some small sums of bitcoins to it to test it out (in 2-10 amounts).  In my regular wallet, I see 100 or so confirmations of my sent transactions, but I still have 0 confirmations in my secure wallet.  Is there any reason why I'm not seeing any confirmations?

Thanks,
Daniel
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12983

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 03:50:16 AM

Does it have all the blocks?

It must be using a different block database, or you must run Bitcoin with -rescan every time you switch wallets.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
dmurph (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 04:52:49 AM

Yes, it has all the blocks, and I'm switching out wallets.  So running the window gui client like this:

bitcoin.exe -rescan

should work?
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12983

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 04:56:41 AM

Yes. It might take a while to start when you do that.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
NicholasBell

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 04:59:04 AM

Hello,

So I created a separate wallet a couple days ago as my "secure" wallet and I sent some small sums of bitcoins to it to test it out (in 2-10 amounts).  In my regular wallet, I see 100 or so confirmations of my sent transactions, but I still have 0 confirmations in my secure wallet.  Is there any reason why I'm not seeing any confirmations?

I did the exact same thing today and had the same 'problem'. I didn't know about that rescan option, so I don't know if it will work. I just deleted the block data and the client redownloaded it. When you import a wallet and already have blocks, the wallet you imported 'missed' the transactions, so it will not display them. If you redownload the block chain while the imported wallet is loaded, the wallet will see the transactions that belong to it as the client redownloads the blocks that affect this wallet. This had been my observation at least.

Let me know how rescan works if you use it.

Also, try putting the involved addresses into http://blockexplorer.com/. If the transactions show up, they are confirmed (I believe).
dmurph (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 06:53:03 AM

The rescan worked, thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: