Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:56:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1070/1070ti retirement  (Read 189 times)
poby (OP)

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 04:10:29 AM
Merited by nc50lc (1)

After 5 years of stirling service and a lot of modifications I'm retiring my rig of 8 x 1070's.  My remaining 2 rigs, each with 8 x 1070ti's are running at around break even so will keep them spinning a few more months, at least until the Australian winter is over.

The question now is what to do with them?  The 1070's are old cards now and I can't imagine there is much of a market for them especially considering their mining history.  (Though one could argue they are thoroughly tested!).  I doubt it would be worth the hassle of listing them on ebay.  But I can't yet bring myself to throw away perfectly good cards.  So I will probably store them for 10 years and then throw them away!

What do you do with old mining cards that are no longer profitable and unlikely to ever be profitable again?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ketesnuko

Activity: 233
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 06:00:58 AM

For me 1070s are still profitable but it depends on how much you paying for electricity bill, if you can't cope with the electricity bill then sell your gpu and buy less electricity consuming graphic cards like 6600XT and 1660 super, for me they are the best.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
Coinfarm ventures

Activity: 182
Merit: 152

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 06:19:43 AM

After 5 years of stirling service and a lot of modifications I'm retiring my rig of 8 x 1070's.  My remaining 2 rigs, each with 8 x 1070ti's are running at around break even so will keep them spinning a few more months, at least until the Australian winter is over.
I have special software that can enhance the profit of old Pascal/Turing mining rigs. Send me a PM if you're interested. I already doubled profit on my Tesla P100 rig, keeping it operational instead of having to sell.
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1303

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2022, 11:21:20 AM
Merited by nc50lc (1)

You can be surprised with demand of older GPUs for gamers who don't have a lot of money and buy older generation of cards
Here in my country people still buy polaris generation, same as 1070 generation, they can handle full hd gaming and there's a great demand for gamers who only plays moba games

I would sell all the cards if you don't want to mine with them anymore, it's not a LOT of work, and you can have an extra buck

Another good things to do: donate them to someone who wants to play some games but can't afford a GPU, or even sell them cheap but in bulk, all gpus at the same time

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
0verseer

Activity: 480
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 01:41:32 PM

Do not throw away these cards. They're still decent for most games today/last gen under 1080p @60fps depending on the setting (medium-high). Did you see the Steam's Hardware Survey Chart that average PC users have nvidia 1060 as the most popular video card, something even weaker than 1070? No, your cards still have a decent after-market if you decide to sell them at your neighbor SEA countries where the average salary is low and most kids or students can't afford too much money on video cards. I said you can sell them at $150 per card or $100 minus all the labor costs, shipping,... if you want to get it done fast, in batch. That's around $800 there or even more!

Steam Hardware & Software Survey: May 2022
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 02:52:05 PM
Merited by Coinfarm ventures (1)

The question now is what to do with them?  The 1070's are old cards now and I can't imagine there is much of a market for them especially considering their mining history.  (Though one could argue they are thoroughly tested!).  I doubt it would be worth the hassle of listing them on ebay.  But I can't yet bring myself to throw away perfectly good cards.  So I will probably store them for 10 years and then throw them away!

What do you do with old mining cards that are no longer profitable and unlikely to ever be profitable again?
If you store these graphics cards for 5 years, then it's tantamount to throwing them away.
When mining becomes unprofitable, be sure to sell these video cards to buy cryptocurrency. When the price of the cryptocurrency rises, you will buy new cards. And if the price of cryptocurrency does not rise, then you still wanted to throw away video cards.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Coinfarm ventures

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 08:28:56 PM

You can be surprised with demand of older GPUs for gamers who don't have a lot of money and buy older generation of cards
Here in my country people still buy polaris generation, same as 1070 generation
Exactly my experience selling a load of GTX 1070's this month. 80% of the orders are from international buyers. Here in the states, the average gamer buys a RTX 3060 Ti-tier card.
S3300

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 06:44:10 AM

You guys are right, I tried selling the 1660 super days ago and after a long time bargaining the price the buyer said the GPU is just like 1070 to 1070 TI and he said he can get that for a cheaper price instead  Grin I ended up taking the deal.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
bitquad

Activity: 145

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 09:03:10 AM

If you store these graphics cards for 5 years, then it's tantamount to throwing them away.
When mining becomes unprofitable, be sure to sell these video cards to buy cryptocurrency. When the price of the cryptocurrency rises, you will buy new cards. And if the price of cryptocurrency does not rise, then you still wanted to throw away video cards.
Why throw away good cards? You'll still be able to get some money for them. You can also turn them into furniture pieces / artwork. Or rendering farms. If they brought you riches then you owe them gratitude and respect. If a mountaineer summits Mt. Everest does he throw away the boots he climbed the mountain with? Hell no that's a piece of history!
bitquad

Activity: 145

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 09:05:46 AM

If you store them longer they might be worth something more lol! Some Original IBM PC XT computers are now selling for thousands of dollars. How many of those are there left?
Salamande

Activity: 70
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 03:27:54 PM

I have special software that can enhance the profit of old Pascal/Turing mining rigs. Send me a PM if you're interested. I already doubled profit on my Tesla P100 rig, keeping it operational instead of having to sell.

Care to elaborate more on that "special software"?? I find it VERY curious that you could want so PM about that, sound very fishy.
Coinfarm ventures

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 08:47:17 PM

Care to elaborate more on that "special software"?? I find it VERY curious that you could want so PM about that, sound very fishy.
It is still in the beta stage and there is a lot more work to do before I can release the platform to the public. I'm looking for miners who have farms of at least 50 GPUs in order to help scale the service up.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 08:56:59 PM

After 5 years of stirling service and a lot of modifications I'm retiring my rig of 8 x 1070's.  My remaining 2 rigs, each with 8 x 1070ti's are running at around break even so will keep them spinning a few more months, at least until the Australian winter is over.

The question now is what to do with them?  The 1070's are old cards now and I can't imagine there is much of a market for them especially considering their mining history.  (Though one could argue they are thoroughly tested!).  I doubt it would be worth the hassle of listing them on ebay.  But I can't yet bring myself to throw away perfectly good cards.  So I will probably store them for 10 years and then throw them away!

If you store them longer they might be worth something more lol! Some Original IBM PC XT computers are now selling for thousands of dollars. How many of those are there left?
How much are you willing to buy NVIDIA RIVA TNT?
You can even play Quake or tetris on it.
For rendering, such video cards may be weak, it may be used for password guessing or games that are not demanding on graphics.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
ZeeeN

Activity: 297
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 20, 2022, 06:04:15 PM

sell in low price for gamer, a lot of gamer use 1050ti-1060 if you sell cheap they will buy for upgrade.

and you keep money for buy new card maybe gen 40xx can mining more hash rate.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: