Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:32:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Amlogic S905 viable for mining?  (Read 93 times)
treyze (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2022, 02:32:50 AM

Hey there! Totally new to mining but a recent opportunity to purchase about 10,000 Amlogic S905s for next to nothing has got me thinking about it. I tried to find drivers, or any posts about this processor being used for mining but came up short (and the stuff I did find was quite confusing...). Thought I'd reach out on this forum to see if any expert is able to give his 2-cents on the opportunity, and whether or not it's worth taking a shot!

Thanks a lot!
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 2549

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
June 20, 2022, 02:40:35 AM

That chip is a Quad-core ARM Cortex-A53-based SoC with a Mali-450 MP3 GPU (mainly used for video streaming devices) which means it is beyond useless for mining Bitcoin. As to can it be used to mine any altcoins aka shitcoins, don't know nor care considering this is the Bitcoin area of the Forum. Perhaps try asking in the altcoin areas.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
treyze (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2022, 02:54:35 AM

Thank you very much for this info! Definitely no longer considering buying those things. Not too interested in the shitcoin mining haha.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: