Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:44:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DCA £5 PER DAY - WHICH CRYPTO?  (Read 239 times)
JamesDaniel90 (OP)

Activity: 619
Merit: 25

View Profile
June 22, 2022, 02:23:31 PM

Hi all,

I came across a video earlier saying if you had invested £5 per day in a certain crypto for 3 years between 2018 to 2021 you would have ended up with £1m at the top of the bull run in November last year.

I want to do this for the next 2 years and was at first going to go with Bitcoin however the profits will be a lot larger If I go with a riskier Altcoin, just not sure which one to go with.

Has anyone done this or currently doing it?

What is the best exchange to do this with? Obviously one with little fee's as possible would be best.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1655

To the Moon

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2022, 03:20:21 PM

...I want to do this for the next 2 years and was at first going to go with Bitcoin however the profits will be a lot larger If I go with a riskier Altcoin, just not sure which one to go with..

You are making the wrong choice between getting a small but more real profit and losing your money. Since not every altcoin, much less a "risky" one, will be able to survive a bear market. Maybe you shouldn't take unnecessary risks and choose a time-tested BTC for your investment?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
JamesDaniel90 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2022, 03:32:42 PM

...I want to do this for the next 2 years and was at first going to go with Bitcoin however the profits will be a lot larger If I go with a riskier Altcoin, just not sure which one to go with..

You are making the wrong choice between getting a small but more real profit and losing your money. Since not every altcoin, much less a "risky" one, will be able to survive a bear market. Maybe you shouldn't take unnecessary risks and choose a time-tested BTC for your investment?

I am thinking of doing £5 per day on Bitcoin & £2 per day on another strong altcoin, leaning towards Algorand as I believe that it will be around for the long term.

I haven't invested in Bitcoin yet as it has always been too expensive for me but now it is around £15k It feels like a good time to get involved and this £5 per day strategy could be a good way of doing it.

hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3650

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2022, 03:53:07 PM

I want to do this for the next 2 years and was at first going to go with Bitcoin however the profits will be a lot larger If I go with a riskier Altcoin, just not sure which one to go with.
DCA is the best strategy for beginners but you just have to not be greedy and be patient and you only invest in Bitcoin or currencies that I have done thorough and in-depth research on (and even after in-depth research it is better to invest in Bitcoin)

If you have excess money and you will not need it during the next 5 years, investing in Bitcoin may bring you good profits.
As for the strategy, it is better to buy every 15 days £125 instead of £5 per day.

for next 2 years investing in BTC will be good but will not give yo 1M return.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
JamesDaniel90 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2022, 04:09:13 PM

DCA is the best strategy for beginners but you just have to not be greedy and be patient and you only invest in Bitcoin or currencies that I have done thorough and in-depth research on (and even after in-depth research it is better to invest in Bitcoin)

If you have excess money and you will not need it during the next 5 years, investing in Bitcoin may bring you good profits.
As for the strategy, it is better to buy every 15 days £125 instead of £5 per day.

for next 2 years investing in BTC will be good but will not give yo 1M return.

Why is DCA every 15 days better then DCA every day?

Yes I understand Bitcoin will not return £1m - this is why I want to do a riskier altcoin too which will return a lot more then Bitcoin will.

JamesDaniel90 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2022, 04:16:31 PM

I am thinking of doing £5 per day on Bitcoin & £2 per day on another strong altcoin, leaning towards Algorand as I believe that it will be around for the long term.

I haven't invested in Bitcoin yet as it has always been too expensive for me but now it is around £15k It feels like a good time to get involved and this £5 per day strategy could be a good way of doing it.

Choose top competitor of Bitoin such as Ethereum, Near Protocol, Cosmos, Polakadot and so on. Just avoid problematic chain like ADA, Sol and Tron which might give you anLuna 2.0 investment like in the future. The DCA idea is very good and somehow encouraging for everyone here to statrt saving in crypto slowly and consistently. I find it interesting about the video that you watch.

It will be nice if you can share the video that you watch for reference of this discussion.

Go on youtube and search Bob Sharpe - it is one of his latest videos.
Tony116
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1023

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 22, 2022, 04:34:27 PM

Hi all,

I came across a video earlier saying if you had invested £5 per day in a certain crypto for 3 years between 2018 to 2021 you would have ended up with £1m at the top of the bull run in November last year.

What is the best exchange to do this with? Obviously one with little fee's as possible would be best.

Instead of investing in bitcoin, you pick a riskier altcoin because you do not believe it will bring you £1 million in the future. Have you thought it through? Nobody can advise you on which altcoin to invest in, and nothing is certain it will bring you a million in two years.

You have to be willing to take high risks if you want high profits, there is nothing that is highly profitable without risk at all. Investing in altcoins will probably lose you more than it will gain you. In your case, 2 years of risk is a huge risk, so I think that you should think carefully before making a decision.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
JamesDaniel90 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2022, 05:15:27 PM

Hi all,

Instead of investing in bitcoin, you pick a riskier altcoin because you do not believe it will bring you £1 million in the future. Have you thought it through? Nobody can advise you on which altcoin to invest in, and nothing is certain it will bring you a million in two years.

You have to be willing to take high risks if you want high profits, there is nothing that is highly profitable without risk at all. Investing in altcoins will probably lose you more than it will gain you. In your case, 2 years of risk is a huge risk, so I think that you should think carefully before making a decision.

I am not saying I expect £1m in 2 years using this strategy on an altcoin. I am saying the returns are likely to be greater then doing this with Bitcoin.

I don’t smoke and I don’t drink much, many smokers I know spend £50+ a week on cigarettes so spending £35-£40 per week on this strategy is nothing and worth the risk to make thousands in a few years time when the next bull run comes.
Tony116
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1023

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 03:50:20 AM

Hi all,

I am not saying I expect £1m in 2 years using this strategy on an altcoin. I am saying the returns are likely to be greater then doing this with Bitcoin.

I don’t smoke and I don’t drink much, many smokers I know spend £50+ a week on cigarettes so spending £35-£40 per week on this strategy is nothing and worth the risk to make thousands in a few years time when the next bull run comes.

Since bitcoin has increased tens of thousands of times since it was created, so it is probably still correct to assume that bitcoin will not be able to yield as large returns as altcoins because new coins if good enough will get hyped by sharks and profits can be up to 100x, 1000x. However, that would be very risky, since such new projects would not have much to look for, so you would have to spend a lot of time and money to find it.
You can try it if you're determined to take the risk and it doesn't affect your daily life. Good luck finding that hidden gem.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3650

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2022, 07:59:52 AM

I do not think that the calculations you were told are accurate or correct. To help with this, I will ask you to use this site ---> https://dcabtc.com/:

- Based on your talk, the user invested about $7 per day from 2018 to 2021, with an average of $7,672 which turned into $30.889 or 302.63%.
Percent Change
 - If the opposite happened to me investing from 2018 until today, then you invest about $10,227 and get $40,994
 - If you start from 9 years, the total investment is $23,009 and the return is $1,309,449 at current prices.

It's not a get-rich-quick model but it's better than nothing.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
JamesDaniel90 (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 10:55:37 AM

I do not think that the calculations you were told are accurate or correct. To help with this, I will ask you to use this site ---> https://dcabtc.com/:

- Based on your talk, the user invested about $7 per day from 2018 to 2021, with an average of $7,672 which turned into $30.889 or 302.63%.
Percent Change
 - If the opposite happened to me investing from 2018 until today, then you invest about $10,227 and get $40,994
 - If you start from 9 years, the total investment is $23,009 and the return is $1,309,449 at current prices.

It's not a get-rich-quick model but it's better than nothing.

It was not Bitcoin I was referring to it was different altcoin which returned much higher returns during the 3 years.

Thank you for showing me however how little you do get when you do this strategy with Bitcoin compared to altcoins though.

I am thinking of going with £4 Bitcoin £2 Algorand each day. I believe Algorand is going to be pretty big in the next 2-3 years and if it is this strategy will return a good amount.
Outhue

Activity: 826
Merit: 445

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2022, 11:39:51 AM

It will make a lot of sense if you are using 5euro to DCA on Bitcoin everyday, your success rate is higher than any other altcoins, also now isn't a good time to start DCA in BItcoin because I believe this bottom is when you should be buying with what you have on you.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 12:50:14 PM

How can you be sure about this?

You saw the volatility is more with altcoins and I think that you're optimistic about it. There's nothing with that if you think you'll make more with altcoins because, with this bull run, too many of them have pumped.

But just look right now at how low most of them are and thanks to bitcoin. They're all affected with bitcoin's drop and that's why if you think that you'll be getting more profit with riskier altcoins, think about it again.

Jaered

Activity: 840
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 01:01:01 PM

The altcoin you can try that DCA stunt should be a low cap gem that has a good potential to moon. It shouldn't be a top 10 coin obviously, though those ones are less risky and more popular. But always do your DYOR
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 01:04:41 PM

It would have been best if you are decided to do this with Bitcoin especially because you are planning to do this for years. It would really be so risky doing this with an altcoin. But if you are really decided to this with an altcoin, avoid committing the mistake of choosing a new altcoin or one which is only rising to the top very recently. They're not yet solid. Their popularity might not even last a year. If I do this with an altcoin, I would do this with ETH, XMR, or LTC. These are the top solid altcoins that have already proven a lot of things in their long track record.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2022, 01:10:32 PM

Dollar-cost average is the safest strategy for me if you want to invest into crypto.

If you are more of a conservative investor, then I'd rather go with Ethereum than in Algorand. I heard that coin already but as a conservative, most of the time I'm investing in Bitcoin and Ethereum only.

In the end, it's your money, but Bitcoin and Ethereum is the safest approach if you will ask me. Now if you want to be a more aggressive investor, I think you should invest on the other top 10 coins but remember, not all coins on the top 10 right now will remain at the top a few years from now. Just look where EOS, IOTA, BCH, NEM and TRON is right now. There is a chance that projects in the future will eliminate coins such as SOL, ADA, DOT on the top 10. Maybe try to invest into XRP or LTC if you want Cheesy.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Plaguedeath

Activity: 686
Merit: 570

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 02:40:17 PM

DCA ing altcoins is very risky and not recommended, you might DCA ing wrong coins and become worthless in the future.

While Bitcoin even you think the profit wouldn't be larger than altcoins, but DCA is a strategy for long term holding and you need to check how much the Bitcoin APY to know how profitable to invest in Bitcoin.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
JamesDaniel90 (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 03:24:53 PM

There is no guarantee and there are several videos on YouTube saying the same thing. It is easy said than done. Video guy saying if you keep investing daily 5£ you would make huge money. If I would have extra money to invest I would always wait for the market correction rather than buying daily at a high price so buying in the dip is the best option in my opinion rather than buying daily.

We are in a bear market , I feel now is a good time to start this strategy. Yes Bitcoin might go down to $10k, but it will go back up no doubt one day.

Bitcoin price prediction varies from $250k to $1m by 2030 so as long as it heads in that direction starting this strategy now will work out fine in the end.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 03:42:12 PM

There is no guarantee and there are several videos on YouTube saying the same thing. It is easy said than done. Video guy saying if you keep investing daily 5£ you would make huge money. If I would have extra money to invest I would always wait for the market correction rather than buying daily at a high price so buying in the dip is the best option in my opinion rather than buying daily.

We are in a bear market , I feel now is a good time to start this strategy. Yes Bitcoin might go down to $10k, but it will go back up no doubt one day.

Bitcoin price prediction varies from $250k to $1m by 2030 so as long as it heads in that direction starting this strategy now will work out fine in the end.

Exactly! Then it makes no sense in investing into alts and shitcoins. If you really want to do long term investments, invest in 3 coins - Bitcoin, ETH and BNB. That's it! I don't think you need anything else to invest into. These are excellent coins and had already shown phenomenal returns during last bull cycles.

Riskier shitcoins may not be able to survive a bear season. But these rock solid coins are going to stay for a real long time. So invest wisely and don't look for unrealistic cryptos to invest.

JamesDaniel90 (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 04:12:12 PM

Exactly! Then it makes no sense in investing into alts and shitcoins. If you really want to do long term investments, invest in 3 coins - Bitcoin, ETH and BNB. That's it! I don't think you need anything else to invest into. These are excellent coins and had already shown phenomenal returns during last bull cycles.

Riskier shitcoins may not be able to survive a bear season. But these rock solid coins are going to stay for a real long time. So invest wisely and don't look for unrealistic cryptos to invest.

If you see a reply of mine earlier in the thread, I will be doing Bitcoin and 1 other altcoin which I believe will still be around in 2-3 years and that is Algorand.

£4 per day on Bitcoin & £2 on Algorand so £42 per week total - money I can afford to risk and feel it will be a good investment in the long run betting on Bitcoin & Algorand.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: