Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:56:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Master Thesis  (Read 186 times)
Ultegra134 (OP)

Activity: 1568
Merit: 748

View Profile
June 27, 2022, 07:59:01 PM

Hello there, didn't know where exactly to post this thread, but since it's Bitcoin related, I thought that this board should do just fine. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

I'm currently in the second semester of the Master's Degree I'm attending, in Management and Digital Transformation. The next and last semester is consisted of a master thesis, however, I'm totally clueless on what subject to choose. Previously, on my Bachelor's Degree, I had done research for Covid-19, which is still an intriguing subject, but I'd prefer to try something different.

My idea is to do something Cryptocurrency related, either with Bitcoin or even Decentralized Finance (DeFi), however, I haven't decided yet, any ideas on which subject to cover? I'm hoping that more experienced members here could possibly answer my main concern, which is whether I can find reputable and valid sources for such a subject. For instance, when writing a medical thesis, you can resort to a few well-known websites such as ECDC, WHO or even Medical Publications. What about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, though? Will I have difficulties finding decent sources?

Moreover, I'm not really a theoretical type of person, I'm good with finding and analyzing data, what kind of analysis could I possibly conduct for such a subject? Their usage, the increasing market cap over the years? Any interesting ideas?

Thanks in advance

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Upgrade00
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 2184

CoinPoker.com

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2022, 08:40:00 PM

I'm hoping that more experienced members here could possibly answer my main concern, which is whether I can find reputable and valid sources for such a subject. For instance, when writing a medical thesis, you can resort to a few well-known websites such as ECDC, WHO or even Medical Publications. What about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, though? Will I have difficulties finding decent sources?
I would think it would be easier to find publications for medical research or for topics from other more established fields than it would be to do so for Bitcoin. There is of course, Bitcoin wiki and other reputable websites, but a bulk of the information are spread around different platforms and not written in a scholarly form.

So, Yes; there would definitely be difficulties, but it's very doable, imo.

Moreover, I'm not really a theoretical type of person, I'm good with finding and analyzing data, what kind of analysis could I possibly conduct for such a subject? Their usage, the increasing market cap over the years? Any interesting ideas?
If you're good at finding and analysing data, then a new niche would be very fitting for you to research on, as you will be pioneering content for it and building the blocks for further research.
I can't offer much on what techniques to use for a Master's research.

Doan9269

Activity: 882
Merit: 583

View Profile
June 27, 2022, 08:57:00 PM

My idea is to do something Cryptocurrency related, either with Bitcoin or even Decentralized Finance (DeFi), however, I haven't decided yet, any ideas on which subject to cover?

Since you do much of data analysis then it will do good if you can get specific data about bitcoin within your country and compare them with other countries or have a comparison from the data collected to that of the reputable crypto platforms like coinbase or coingecko, methods which you can use in your data collection could be in data sampling or through questionaire, but has be coincise amd accurate, and lastly, i will like to know if bitcoin or cryptocurrency is applicable and related to your former degree program so as not to create a waste of effort.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4498

View Profile
June 27, 2022, 10:17:25 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2022, 10:27:58 PM by franky1

Thanks in advance

firstly market cap is a meaningless statistic.
it doesnt represent any dollars backed up somewhere nor any held as insured reserve..
its simply whatever the price is that instant multiplied by how many coins ..

its not a measure of an economy or a community which then divides down to a market price.
anyone can make a trillion coins. sell just 1 coin for $1 and make a $1 trillion market cap. all for the cost of $1

seeing as you are in "management and digital transformation"
how about the history of bitcoin how an inspiring idea and digital financial management conundrum got solved in 2008 (things like the byzantine generals problem, double spending, auditing) became a working network in 2009, proving the concept. and it inspired a whole digital transformation there after. where even governments now see possibilities of a CBDC due to the directions bitcoin went and the features it has that made governments change direction on old plans for a digital economy, that was going to be highly labour and accountant and server based. to now be something that is managed by the tech features bitcoin first birthed that can self audit and follow rules without human intervention keeping it all together.

(the governments before, just wanted some digital fed reserve custodian using a MySQL database with sub banks (digital commercial banks) also with MySQL databases on some secure 'intranet' that required servers and hard drives and security guards and IT technicians monitoring and managing it all. but now they can have the potential of smart contracts and peer-to peer open systems thanks to bitcoin. without all the resource heavy stuff of personnel and without all the flaws of human input mistakes and outages

you can reference things like the old digital fiat where banks had outages and errors and stolen funds/hackers and such. and then show github repo's of how smart contracts cant easily just create funds without agreement/checks.
where it can be more secured as it would require multiple signatures from remote locations making it harder for hackers to hit as there is no one spot to attack. but would require a simultaneous location attack..
how bitcoin and blockchain can audit funds without human eyes. and how information can be distributed to be always accessible even if one location has a blackout.

no bitcoin has ever left the bitcoin network. hackers and scammers cant steal funds via hacking the contracts(transactions) on the distributed ledger..  they can only hack the people holding the keys. because the ledger does not hold the secret keys. bitcoin is more secure then old fiat systems. and governments know this. and are moving in that direction with CBDC

(not exactly the same. but i find it exceedingly impossible for their current idea's of CBDC to have even been possible if bitcoin was not invented and shown to the world first.)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Ultegra134 (OP)

Activity: 1568
Merit: 748

View Profile
June 30, 2022, 01:51:14 PM

~snip~
Excuse me for not replying earlier, I was way too busy with exams.

A year ago, I conducted a search for Covid-19, it was honestly a fascinating subject and one I could find information relatively easy. However, I've already done it once, thus, I'd rather find a subject that isn't medical related this time. Wikipedia itself isn't considered a valid source for academical purposes, but it does include the sources the page used.
~Snip~
Good idea, could probably do something blockchain related along with Bitcoin perhaps, while it's an emerging and promising technology and a research on such a subject would be a huge plus.

Thank you for your detailed reply, will definitely look into a few of those ideas you mentioned. My main goal here is to find a topic that appeals to me, but also includes a statistical/data analysis to make it more interesting and actually indicate something.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
danadc

Activity: 980
Merit: 337

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2022, 12:26:53 PM

A good thesis is to refute what Elon Musk says, that bitcoin through mining will cause more pollution than the same industries that have been poisoning our planet, you can focus on the environmental impact with normally produced energy like the one he raises just for have the resources available for being very rich and you can calculate the long-term impact because what you want is to avoid the possible global warming that already exists.

I thought that you could do the master's degree on the same subject that one can choose when they are in undergraduate and from then on be more researcher but having that as a base.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x