Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:22:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Things to do to keep Bitcointalk safe and to improve its reputation  (Read 291 times)
Hyphen(-) (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 725

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2022, 09:43:41 PM

Bitcointalk.org is a platform that unites Bitcoin lovers globally to share ideas giving necessary help about Bitcoin when needed and sharing updates about Bitcoin Development to the world. The forum has gone viral as people from different locations on the world fund it as a home for their necessary Bitcoin-related issues and update.
Keeping this forum safe should be our top priority as forum users, when we try and keep the forum safe it's the same as keeping ourselves safe.
There are various ways to keep the forum safe and increase its reputation, which I will mention some according to my point of view, although many users here have a different point of view about the forum, all I am after is how important the forum is to us, so trying to keep the forum safe should our top priority.

Below are some highlighted points I think are important in keeping the forum safe.

1:- Provide accurate solutions to problems/questions
2:- Help to report scammers and Cheaters
3:- Help by documenting Bitcointalk.org on YouTube and other websites.
4:- Help to report shit posts and plagiarism.
5:- Give Tutorials and updates on the Trading and Technical aspects of Bitcoin.

Provide accurate solutions to problems/questions
One of the main goals of this fantastic forum is to offer fundamental support regarding Bitcoin and other related topics. Many people visit the forum to ask for assistance or to find answers to their Bitcoin-related problems and questions; by providing a perfect answer to every question presented in the forum, forum members will boost the forum's reputation and make it highly recommended all across the world due to how accurate they are in providing solutions to problems or a perfect answer.

Help to report scammers and Cheaters
As more people use cryptocurrencies daily and a large number of new users join the market, scammers and cheaters discover new ways to defraud users. By flagging scammers both inside and outside the forum, users and visitors looking for solutions to their problems will find the forum to be a safer and more dependable environment. Scammers and cheaters can be reported to help the forum grow and make it free and secure for users.

Help by documenting Bitcointalk.org on YouTube and other websites.
Some forum members have personal websites and YouTube channels. Documenting educational, economic, and technical posts made or created by forum users on your respective websites, YouTube channels, and so on will help build the forum's reputation and make the forum home for anyone who wants to learn and share knowledge about bitcoin and cryptocurrency-related issues.

Help to report shit posts and plagiarism.
Every organization or forum with a good reputation is always against plagiarism and useless posts. While unimportant posts will render the forum useless, limiting shit posts will provide more accuracy in posting and will prevent people from dropping things that are irrelevant to the forum.
Plagiarism is a crime in this wonderful forum, and anyone caught doing it will be banned, so reporting such acts will improve the forum's reputation while also making it a safe place to post important articles.

Give Tutorials and updates on the Trading and Technical aspects of Bitcoin.
Sharing knowledge about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in the forum through Tutorials, as well as sharing the most recent updates about trading and technical aspects of Bitcoin in the forum, will make the forum a free home for learners and traders, as they will gain experience and technical knowledge about Bitcoin.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ryker1

Activity: 1918
Merit: 442

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 01, 2022, 10:08:26 PM

Well --you have good input and thank you for these reminders.
While reading this in my mind I have 2-3 additional suggestions for them and I think, reading the official rules [1] would help anyone to avoid that possible mistakes. There are too many factors to consider to build your account here and become a well-established member, the relationship between users and other users is a good start to achieve it. All you have to do is respect each other or most especially those higher rank than yours.
[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Shamm

Activity: 1064
Merit: 343

Hhampuz is the best manager

View Profile
July 01, 2022, 10:36:09 PM

Nice Op what you wrote is the other way of improving the reputation of an individuals. Reputation here in forum is not only how many trust feed back you received but on how you manage, socialize with others or how you express your goodness here in the forum.  Helping the moderators find scammer, spammer even a shit posters is good contributions and a good way of building reputation.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                             █
   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          █
            ▄▄████████▄▄     █
     ▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄   █
          █████▀▀  ▀▀█████▄  █
          █████      ██████  █
          █████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀  █
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▀   █
            ▀▀████████▀▀     █
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          █
█                             █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
|ROLLBOTS||
▄▄██████████████████████████▄▄
▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
████████▀▀▀  ▄▄▄  ████████
████████▀▀▀  ███  ████████
███████▀▀▀▀      ▄████████
██  ██████████████████  ██
▀▀  ██████████  ▀▀
▀▀  ██  ▀▀
NEW|
       RLB      
WHITEPAPER
RLB LOTTERY
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
348Judah

Activity: 700
Merit: 521

View Profile
July 01, 2022, 10:39:45 PM

You have done well OP by bringing this into remembrance to all members both new and existing ones, I believe the whole summary of it all is to go by the forum's rules and regulations and every other things will be equal, if everyone adhere strictly to the guidelines created there will be no reason for much emphasis on keeping the forum in sanity and the likes.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Smartvirus
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1108

View Profile
July 01, 2022, 11:01:47 PM

Help to report scammers and Cheaters

Help to report shit posts and plagiarism.

Of all that is contained in OP, I think these two are in existence on the forum and they do the most as, they could earn you a ban and like that you have virtually zero chance to polluting the forum any longer. The forum has so graciously patterned a system that ensures its smooth running and its users uphold a certain standard that is second to none.
The ranking pipeline, the merit system, trust system, plagiarism and spam post checks amongst other policing that is done on the forum have been some formula that upholds forum integrity and encourage users to discuss only that which is sure to enrich the forum, it's law abiding users and grooming of the next generations.  Rules do the most here and they work just fine to its preservation!

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
minime0105

Activity: 1246
Merit: 534

View Profile
July 01, 2022, 11:09:48 PM

The information forum need to be ok is information that is profitable and benefit table both the newbies senior people, the forum need a place or someone that have the knowledge to solve or bring solution to a problem, And it's built for exchanging of knowledge from one person to another person, secondly another thing forum need is to be formative for any construction of words a sentence. The forum don't like plagiarism, copy and paste work. If you avoid this, you be a friend to the forum
qwertyup23

Activity: 2226
Merit: 786

View Profile
July 01, 2022, 11:53:06 PM

I appreciate your time and effort for posting these important reminders, OP.

Generally, this forum is already big as it is considered the biggest cryptocurrency forum to date. Since this is the case, some people take advantage of this medium in order to create various scams and hacks in the forum which prompted some of our users to personally report all suspicious projects and/or links to certain boards for immediate action.

From my experience alone, I could say that you must really remain curious and vigilant in order to keep yourself safe from all the potential scams that constantly lurk here.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
2stout

Activity: 2338
Merit: 585

View Profile
July 02, 2022, 03:17:54 AM

What could also help go a far way in safety and reputation improvement would be if the site would implement 2FA.  Something like this would cut down on accounts getting hacked by at least 90% as it could save your ass in the case of some mistakes because another layer would also need to be solved.
cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1315

View Profile
July 02, 2022, 05:18:02 AM

Nice input and indeed a good summarize of what should a user should do to make this forum clean and neat. Also while doing this, and contribute to the general welfare of members here, you can also gained reputation by means of trustfeedback for doing a great job in here. There are plenty of users here and so far only few doing such thing to help forum.  Like simply reporting spammers can help moderator indentified irrelavent or redundanr post. Simply like that you already helping in here.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
lovesmayfamilis
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 4274

✿♥‿♥✿

View Profile
July 02, 2022, 06:52:15 AM

I fully agree with the OP. One important note is that the forum's cleanliness and security begin with the user himself. If everyone avoids the things the OP described, it will improve the reputation of the forum. I can say that it is helpful to evaluate the forum as one of your homes. Do you never let your house be a mess?

Therefore, do not be lazy to press the report buttons for moderators and do not be indifferent. Then we will create a place with a lot of unique information and an attractive place for new users.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Cookdata

Activity: 924
Merit: 876

Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin

View Profile
July 02, 2022, 07:42:47 AM

Help by documenting Bitcointalk.org on YouTube and other websites.
Some forum members have personal websites and YouTube channels. Documenting educational, economic, and technical posts made or created by forum users on your respective websites, YouTube channels, and so on will help build the forum's reputation and make the forum home for anyone who wants to learn and share knowledge about bitcoin and cryptocurrency-related issues.

I'm more interested in this one. I've seen some guys go to great lengths to create personal websites with their own domain to share bitcoin information because the Moderators every once in a while delete posts or move them to archival where they may not get views, I've seen NotAtether with one incredible one and there is this particular one where you can estimate the sats you will be paying when making transactions to p2pkh, P2sh, and Native segwits.
There is this gentleman that manages the forum activities and events on his Youtube channel in order to reach out to people, such as the voting that took place earlier this year, and also, the bitcoin wiki has been an outstanding support medium for the forum so far.

Asiska02

Merit: 673

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2022, 11:19:03 AM

OP you’ve really put an informative post together. All these you mentioned will make to keep the bitcointalk safe and improve its reputation.

Give Tutorials and updates on the Trading and Technical aspects of Bitcoin.
Sharing knowledge about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in the forum through Tutorials, as well as sharing the most recent updates about trading and technical aspects of Bitcoin in the forum, will make the forum a free home for learners and traders, as they will gain experience and technical knowledge about Bitcoin.

This point is very important to me and am more interested in it. I often go to the technical board to see posts there and how questions about the technical aspects of bitcoin are been attended to by top legends in this forum. I’m amazed by the way they give possible solutions to questions been asked there. I just wish to be like them one day. Still learning about bitcoin gradually, hopefully soon I will be able to provide answers to questions at technical board too.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Findingnemo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 757

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
July 02, 2022, 08:10:38 PM

Below are some highlighted points I think are important in keeping the forum safe.

Apart from this I would like to mention a few more

6) Stay away from FUD, bitcointalk is not only filled with bitcoin lovers there are also lot of haters are here to spread wrong information about crypto currencies and trying to bring down its reputation along with price.

7) Too much of information is not good, we can see lot of threads created in the name of techniques, strategies, guides but they are actually doing it without proper knowledge about it because they want merit so trying to pretend as a good poster.

8-) Use the DT system for good reason not for their own personal benefits or hatred.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Hyphen(-) (OP)

Merit: 725

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2022, 08:23:08 AM
Merited by CryptoHeadlineNews (1)

What could also help go a far way in safety and reputation improvement would be if the site would implement 2FA.  Something like this would cut down on accounts getting hacked by at least 90% as it could save your ass in the case of some mistakes because another layer would also need to be solved.
That will be a great idea for raising the forum's security and standards as well. However, I have faith in this site because even if an account is hacked, there are always ways for forum users to notice differences in posting styles, meaning moderators are already on the job. However, the 2FA will be a great advancement in account security for consumers.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 10:16:45 AM

OP. very good suggestions on how to improve this forum, congratulations.
However, in recent years there has been a clear decline in interest in this forum. Active members and posts are decreasing and I think this is a trend that can't be reversed.
Younger people no longer read Internet forums, but use Telegram groups and social networks much more.
I think that soon the reputation of this forum will not be too big of a problem for us, but rather a sharp decline in activity on this forum.
I don't see a solution to this problem.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Scripture

Activity: 1302
Merit: 128

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 10:45:57 AM

Someone is already doing this but since there's a lot of users here, it's really good to have more sources especially on giving tips on how to become more successful in crypto market and here in the forum. We should all serve our own purpose, though everyone is welcome here especially to those who wants to learn more about cryptocurrency. This is indeed a good suggestion, I hope to find my purpose here as well.
JoyMarsha

Activity: 812
Merit: 351

View Profile
August 14, 2022, 09:03:39 AM

This forum has had about a million registered members or there about since its creation. It's not an easy job to curtail it all. The forum has been beneficial to those that want to learn and acquire knowledge from crypto.
The rules and regulations governing this forum are second to none, it prohibits those that refused to adhere to them, no matter the rank.
Any account that follows up with the stated information you passed through here will gain a good reputation in the forum.

Ladies.de███████████████
████▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████
████████████████
▐████████████████▌
░████████████
░███
███████████████
▐████
██████████████▌
░█████
██████████████
██▀███████
█████████▀
███████████████████
██████████████████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
LadiesStars
▬▬▬▬

██████▀█████████
███████▀███████▌
█████████████
██████████████████▄
█████████▐█
█████
██████████████████▌
███████▄██████████
███████████████
████▄█████████
████████████████▌
████████▀░███████
░█████▀█████████
████▀██████████
Uang_kartal

Activity: 378
Merit: 167

betfury

View Profile
August 16, 2022, 08:17:19 AM

I agree with you. Maybe your experience has been a long observation and research to summarize some of the points above into a concise and clear unit. Forum residents may only see from the interaction that thread updates. I think it's interesting to be material and concepts that designed before making posts or threads that are ready to be discussed. It's a good form of effort to become accustomed to being a good user and the discussion forum is of better quality

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: