Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:40:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why would someone want to buy an old empty ethereum address?  (Read 359 times)
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 20, 2023, 10:16:50 AM

i wanted to create a thread of the same topic and since i searched and saw this thread, i guess it wouldn't be so bad to just update this and ask something else.

recently there have been threads buying old eth wallets too.
if this is all about airdrop which the project only send to old eth wallets, how do we know which project is this?
maybe we will not missed this airdrop this time. anyone knew something?
Yes, majority of them are collecting those old addresses and will try to sweep if there are remaining balances from tokens that they can dump on exchanges and also the potential airdrops that old addresses are eligible. It doesn't make sense right when they want to do it but they might find some jackpot tokens or airdrops that haven't been swept by the owner. But regarding this matter, instead of selling those old addresses, just keep it and never let someone know your private keys even they're buying it and most of them are already old and useless.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 20, 2023, 11:04:14 AM

i wanted to create a thread of the same topic and since i searched and saw this thread, i guess it wouldn't be so bad to just update this and ask something else.

if this is all about airdrop which the project only send to old eth wallets, how do we know which project is this?
Yes, majority of them are collecting those old addresses and will try to sweep if there are remaining balances from tokens that they can dump on exchanges and also the potential airdrops that old addresses are eligible. It doesn't make sense right when they want to do it but they might find some jackpot tokens or airdrops that haven't been swept by the owner. But regarding this matter, instead of selling those old addresses, just keep it and never let someone know your private keys even they're buying it and most of them are already old and useless.
Ohh , so that is the same reason why there are other member tries to buy Old Ethereum Addresses I
thought this is about a requirements or something from airdrops but is this I think what related post and that extracting the
remaining balance specially now that we are near closing to halving that many can tell there are possible pumping from old
 projects and a chance to make money from those addresses.

Wexnident

Activity: 2520
Merit: 665

I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.

View Profile
November 20, 2023, 11:14:13 AM

I'd forego the benefit of the doubt, it's most likely going to be used for a scam. They're most likely going to use past transactions as a method to showcase how "trustworthy" they are or something along those lines. There might be some non-damaging ones like the others have said with airdrops and whatnot, but eh, I'd much rather err than give someone access to capabilities to scam others. Seeing as there's a lot of people who has recently seen stuff like this, there might just be an event/airdrop that's going to happen somewhere with a new unknown project though.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
AbuBhakar

Activity: 994
Merit: 520

🇵🇭

View Profile
November 20, 2023, 11:24:24 AM

Airdrop nowadays is not the same before which you will just to send your address then you will receive free token. Most of the project is doing a retroactive airdrop which means you really don’t know when or if they will really do an airdrop. Most of the airdrop requires participation to the project development like using the DEX and running a node for a their test net.

Along with this requirements, some airdrop requires an old address with past activities to avoid airdrop abuser that create multiple account to claim multiple airdrop. You can follow those startup project especially L1 and L2 project that is just doing test net. But airdrop nowadays is guaranteed and requires spending.

DuelbitsSPORTS
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10% CASHBACK
          100% MULTICHARGER
btc78

Activity: 2492
Merit: 212

View Profile
November 20, 2023, 11:38:36 AM

I'd forego the benefit of the doubt, it's most likely going to be used for a scam. They're most likely going to use past transactions as a method to showcase how "trustworthy" they are or something along those lines. There might be some non-damaging ones like the others have said with airdrops and whatnot, but eh, I'd much rather err than give someone access to capabilities to scam others. Seeing as there's a lot of people who has recently seen stuff like this, there might just be an event/airdrop that's going to happen somewhere with a new unknown project though.

That was my first thought too

if so, scammers are smart and are really putting not only effort but money as well it’s quite surprising how far these scammers can go just to gain profit from deceiving people

Along with this requirements, some airdrop requires an old address with past activities to avoid airdrop abuser that create multiple account to claim multiple airdrop. You can follow those startup project especially L1 and L2 project that is just doing test net. But airdrop nowadays is guaranteed and requires spending.

on the other hand, this also makes sense

both situations are very plausible however the 2nd situation might be used to justify real scammers

jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 20, 2023, 12:24:42 PM

If it's not for scams then I would say just to hide their personal identity and just want to route the funds acquired from scam/hack via this address so it may create more confusion when someone tries to trace the transaction and even if they succeed they end up picking the wrong individuals. On the other hand why someone has to sell an address along with private keys, even if the buyer has no intention to use for bad the seller can just import the wallet at any time and get access to the funds.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it

▬▬▬▬▬
batang_bitcoin

View Profile
November 20, 2023, 12:32:10 PM

Ohh , so that is the same reason why there are other member tries to buy Old Ethereum Addresses I
thought this is about a requirements or something from airdrops but is this I think what related post and that extracting the
remaining balance specially now that we are near closing to halving that many can tell there are possible pumping from old
 projects and a chance to make money from those addresses.
Anything that we can think of like those that have been mentioned are possible. And another possibility is if they're going to use it for some transactions that are going to be involved with illegal transactions. Although the chance is low but what if that's what they want to do and if you're able to mention that address to some platforms like on an internet forum then the authorities will have leads and it's going to be you that have mentioned it elsewhere. Anyway, that's little chance and still, we go back to what we've said about sweeping balances of tokens, coins and airdrops.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
▬▬▬▬▬
wajik-tempe

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 20, 2023, 01:51:58 PM

Collectors are looking for outdated Ethereum addresses like lost jewels. The attraction is in the possibility of unclaimed tokens and airdrops remaining in such wallets. While it may be illogical to part with such addresses, protecting your private keys is critical. It's a digital-age version of "one person's trash is another's treasure," with the value being forgotten or neglected goods. So, rather than selling the old addresses, perhaps keeping them will prove more beneficial in the long term. After all, in the ever-changing crypto world, you never know when an old address can bring unexpected profits.
tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1655

To the Moon

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2023, 02:33:51 PM

...Is there value in our old addresses that we don't know about? Lol.

Such addresses are valuable for those who are engaged in retroairdrops. And it is the number of transactions in the Ethereum network, as well as the date of the first interaction in this network, that acts as a criterion that easily identifies sibiles from real participants.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
God bless u

Activity: 322
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 20, 2023, 02:46:48 PM

...Is there value in our old addresses that we don't know about? Lol.

Such addresses are valuable for those who are engaged in retroairdrops. And it is the number of transactions in the Ethereum network, as well as the date of the first interaction in this network, that acts as a criterion that easily identifies sibiles from real participants.

Yes I am also thinking the same.m because there is no other profits for empty wallet. New and old address without fund are same and the only difference is old wallets are some times eligible for big projects airdrops. TIA project launched few week ago and airdropped tokens to old Ethereum user who did old transaction. I think empty wallet buyer are collecting old wallets with the thinking that any wallet might gives him big profit in the future.

Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
November 20, 2023, 03:56:47 PM

I'd forego the benefit of the doubt, it's most likely going to be used for a scam. They're most likely going to use past transactions as a method to showcase how "trustworthy" they are or something along those lines.
This is the most tenable reason for me on that. No one buys an old or abandoned stuff if they don't believe they would hit a goldmine in it. We know people buy old social media accounts and use them to promote new projects to make them look old in the business and end up deceiving unsuspecting public. How those buying old ETH addresses will actualize such a nefarious scheme that expectedly will dovetail into a scam is what I would love to find out.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Lamkuthang

Activity: 266
Merit: 34

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
November 20, 2023, 04:21:56 PM

I am a little puzzled by this. Maybe someone has an idea.

A user was seeking to buy old Ethereum addresses that have had more than +1000 transactions.
He was even willing to pay upfront before receiving the private keys, so long as the other trading partner is trustworthy.

Why would someone go to such length?
Is there value in our old addresses that we don't know about? Lol.

Will a new NFT be born whose concept requires users to use an old and empty ethereum address Grin Grin Grin but for me this just feels like ordering a unique and rare cell phone number where the orderer provides a special category, if any and according to the specifications, he will buy it at a reasonable price.

Btw, Nice joke with a riddle for you. but interesting, I like it.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T E L E G R A M    ●    M E D I U M    ●
batang_bitcoin

View Profile
November 20, 2023, 07:53:41 PM

Collectors are looking for outdated Ethereum addresses like lost jewels. The attraction is in the possibility of unclaimed tokens and airdrops remaining in such wallets. While it may be illogical to part with such addresses, protecting your private keys is critical. It's a digital-age version of "one person's trash is another's treasure," with the value being forgotten or neglected goods. So, rather than selling the old addresses, perhaps keeping them will prove more beneficial in the long term. After all, in the ever-changing crypto world, you never know when an old address can bring unexpected profits.
And that's why I highly suggest to just keep those old wallets whether they've got with funds or airdrops awaited to be claimed. The thing here is you are keeping the wallet of your own and you're keeping your private key. It's true that it is a critical thing and don't regret when you see someone trying to buy all of those old addresses and you think that penny is worth while.
Just be contented with it and you do find the airdrops that you might find because you'll have no idea where those airdrops are gonna be worth it or not.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
▬▬▬▬▬
tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1655

To the Moon

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2023, 08:00:23 PM

...I think empty wallet buyer are collecting old wallets with the thinking that any wallet might gives him big profit in the future.

Obviously, these buyers are newbies who have already heard about retro airdrops, but are not yet familiar with security. And accordingly, they do not understand that the former owner can withdraw the contents of the wallet at any time using a private key.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
DaNNy001

Activity: 616
Merit: 509

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2023, 08:21:37 PM

...I think empty wallet buyer are collecting old wallets with the thinking that any wallet might gives him big profit in the future.

Obviously, these buyers are newbies who have already heard about retro airdrops, but are not yet familiar with security. And accordingly, they do not understand that the former owner can withdraw the contents of the wallet at any time using a private key.
That's true as the former owner can easily access the wallet due to the possession of the private key and only a newbie that is center and ignorant of the basic knowledge of crypto knowledge would fail to understand this. The worst part about this is that a private key to a wallet isn't like your normal social media account security or even bank app security where one can easily change the password or even the reset password if forgotten or lost.

████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
JeffBrad12

Activity: 2772
Merit: 524

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
November 20, 2023, 11:25:02 PM

might obviously be for airdrop purpose, any normal human wouldn't buy an address where private key already exposed, maybe they are interested in the history of transactions from that wallet and probably have found some airdrop that have such eligiblity therefore they are seeking such address.
because after all, even if you do sell your address, you will still see the private key, therefore its security risk for holding any asset, but if its for airdrop claiming they'd just claim and then dump the address immediately.

probably they've already considered security but they are so eager to get eligible which might have something to do with address history transactions and just don't care thinking they'd could move the money in the first seconds that most likely be the scenario in my honest opinion.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Samlucky O

Activity: 280
Merit: 203

The great city of God 🔥

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2023, 01:40:13 AM

I am a little puzzled by this. Maybe someone has an idea.

A user was seeking to buy old Ethereum addresses that have had more than +1000 transactions.
He was even willing to pay upfront before receiving the private keys, so long as the other trading partner is trustworthy.

Why would someone go to such length?
Is there value in our old addresses that we don't know about? Lol.
I never knew about this before. I was probably thinking that it for loan just like the way bank will ask for statement of account for six months or 1year to check the eligibility or  frequent transaction made on a particular account if they want to offer or profuse loan to a customer. But seeing people's comment I see that it's the porpose of airdrops. I never knew airdrop could require etherium address with frequent transaction. Although o haven't participated in any though.

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1051

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2023, 03:25:11 AM

i also have this feeling. i tried showing what my old wallet is worth, it got no use for me. he only offered $100 but was hesitant to do it because this is gotta be too good to be true. the wallet is empty and only few transactions i did there on some dex that is already dead.

if he is going to use it for scamming, it will surely be linked to me. but at the same time, i'm also curious if he can claim an airdrop, in that case, i would like to know which airdrop. must be more than $100. Smiley

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
▬▬▬▬▬
libert19

Activity: 2492
Merit: 942

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2023, 06:32:40 AM

i also have this feeling. i tried showing what my old wallet is worth, it got no use for me. he only offered $100 but was hesitant to do it because this is gotta be too good to be true. the wallet is empty and only few transactions i did there on some dex that is already dead.

May be there could be airdrops that you are eligible of but are unaware. Try putting your address on earnifi [1] and earndrop [2] and see if you are eligible for anything.

If you don't see anything, then I'd be puzzled myself as well.

[1] https://earni.fi/

[2] https://earndrop.io

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Mame89

Activity: 1554
Merit: 425

View Profile
November 21, 2023, 07:37:23 AM

robably they've already considered security but they are so eager to get eligible which might have something to do with address history transactions and just don't care thinking they'd could move the money in the first seconds that most likely be the scenario in my honest opinion.
Of course the main reason for buying an old eth address is to consider all the risks involved, and they have also considered that after they join the airdrop after the airdrop distribution they quickly move it.

But to be honest, even though there is a potential airdrop, the condition is that you have to have an old eth address to be able to pass the main conditions. I don't dare and don't want to force myself to buy it because the risk is very big and usually if you force yourself too much you end up with fraud, not the slightest benefit. Moments like this have launched their fraudulent activities.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x