Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:02:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Capitalizing on the strong US dollar?  (Read 105 times)
spectre71 (OP)

Activity: 343
Merit: 22

View Profile
July 14, 2022, 02:32:00 AM

I'm completely ignorant on buying currencies as a hedge or a safer place than the US dollar.

With a strong dollar would it be wise to scope a few percentages of like the Swiss Franc?

Just a thought I've never had before.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
July 14, 2022, 02:55:19 AM
Merited by Welsh (1)

Most fiat is a bad investment unless you can get a bank account with them that has a good interest rate.

The strength of a currency might signal the strengths and prospects of a country economically though which is where you could look to invest if trying to profit off the parity split (or if you're down because of it). These investments still might not return as well as funds that invest globally though or in certain growth areas.

There's a chance other currencies could face a decline thoggh soon as termoil increases...
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1525

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2022, 03:40:06 AM

LMAO.

Asking whether to buy fiat currencies to "capitalise" on a bitcoin forum.

If you want to capitalise, buy bitcoin now that it is cheap, in a few years these prices will seem like a bargain. The fiat currencies, whatever they are, are designed in such a way that they lose value over time, tending to 0. Bitcoin is designed in the opposite way.

Cookdata

Activity: 938
Merit: 876

Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin

View Profile
July 14, 2022, 04:08:41 AM

I'm completely ignorant on buying currencies as a hedge or a safer place than the US dollar.

With a strong dollar would it be wise to scope a few percentages of like the Swiss Franc?

Is there anything like strong in paper currency? If there is, I don't think there will be parity between Euro to USD. As long they are fighting inflation by printing arbitrary paper with values written on them, they will always struggle to maintain them during crises.
Don't ever make the mistake of buying a currency as a hedge against inflation, you could buy as many bunches you want but trust me, in a few years time, you will only be able to spend them on pairs of shoes, clothes and dinner.

I hope you have heard of Bitcoin, buy it, secure it, and hold it for some time, you will know how transparent and very efficient it is to capitalize your investment on Bitcoin.

Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1862

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
July 14, 2022, 04:23:31 AM

I don't think fiat currencies are considered a hedge, especially considering that the global economy is having a hard time and that inflation is rising to levels never before seen in many countries.

But you could definitely play with what's going on in the foreign exchange market. With the USD being very bullish right now, you could probably make use of it to acquire certain currencies that are currently cheap against it. You could buy Euro, for example, 1:1 at this very moment. My hunch is that Europe will eventually recover and that having a position in Euro against the USD would probably give you a profit sooner or later.

N.B.: This isn't a financial advice.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
bittraffic

Activity: 2940
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2022, 04:47:56 AM

Thanks

If you live not from US then you can capitalize USD since all currencies today are experiencing the loss of value. EURO is very much plummeting, the Forex market must have been in the turmoil in the pair USD/EUR. USD still is the global currency reserve. Its good to still hold USD due to its high value while your local currency is not rising. But be prepared to also sell your USD for BTC or your local CHF.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
July 14, 2022, 12:14:06 PM

Thanks

Nah, I don't think it's a good idea as others have said, sure you might profit a few percentage and it's like just putting your money in bank.

So the better option is to just hedge your wealth on bitcoin. There could be other commodities to get a better investment, but nothing beats crypto though. So I will stir away from buying currencies as a hedge.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Uruhara

Activity: 602
Merit: 597

View Profile
July 14, 2022, 12:31:40 PM

I keep US dollars only as savings. and not for investment. because considering the dollar currency is slightly more stable than other fiat currencies. But remember only for savings. while for investment I like to buy land or agricultural land. because the price of land will always continue to rise because the human population continues to increase rapidly and all of them need a place or land to build a place to live.

but for trading I like crypto because taking advantage of price fluctuations is a mental test but very profitable if you already know the technical analysis.

so I just use the power of US dollars as savings in my vault and not in the bank. because in the bank our money will always be reduced every month with various cuts. maybe you can also deposit it but it will be very difficult to take it if there is an urgent need because it is bound by the time of the agreement.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
spectre71 (OP)

Activity: 343
Merit: 22

View Profile
July 15, 2022, 08:54:47 PM

I keep US dollars only as savings. and not for investment. because considering the dollar currency is slightly more stable than other fiat currencies. But remember only for savings. while for investment I like to buy land or agricultural land. because the price of land will always continue to rise because the human population continues to increase rapidly and all of them need a place or land to build a place to live.

but for trading I like crypto because taking advantage of price fluctuations is a mental test but very profitable if you already know the technical analysis.

so I just use the power of US dollars as savings in my vault and not in the bank. because in the bank our money will always be reduced every month with various cuts. maybe you can also deposit it but it will be very difficult to take it if there is an urgent need because it is bound by the time of the agreement.

Yeah I keep some cash on hand. Being that I'm in the US most if not everything I have is US connected, having no confidence in the US gov't wants me to have a few thing "not us".

Property outside the us intrigues me but it's a beast I know nothing about at all but a stupid time share Smiley
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
July 15, 2022, 10:21:20 PM

a bank account with them that has a good interest rate.
Which are quickly becoming obsolete. I mean they've never been great, but more, and more bank accounts are now either turning to offering no interest rate at all or comically low compared to past times. The bank I was with a few years ago recently within the last two years announced they will no longer offer interest rates on certain accounts. I imagine they only offer them to saving accounts, and premium accounts that you have to pay monthly for.

There's also the challenger banks which usually don't offer any interest rates on their current accounts, unless you lock your funds in a "pod" or something along those lines. So, to further your point, fiat is quickly becoming a investment people should be running from, especially since it's a well known fact you'll basically get less for your money as time goes on because of inflation.
edgycorner

Activity: 1064
Merit: 382

Hurrah for Karamazov!

View Profile
July 16, 2022, 11:42:25 PM

I am shooting in the dark here, so don't take my suggestion seriously at all. DYOR.

US dollar just became equal to euro, so I believe you could look into market which are inversely correlated to Euro. Which are: Japanese yen and the Swiss franc(that you already mentioned).

I would prefer Japanese yen over swiss. Because I am predicting a surge in import of Japanese products.
Also, you could try commodity-based currencies(silver would be my preference)
Stacaato

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2022, 04:47:22 AM

I don’t think any currency can be a safer place than the US Dollar as of now. I just hope the inflation is contained soon as recession is emerging as a threat at this point.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: