Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:43:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Created a ALTCOIN with Bitcoin source code 17.0.2  (Read 40 times)
Frasz (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2022, 09:46:22 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2022, 10:00:31 PM by Frasz

Hello all,

I am new to this forum. I would like to introduce myself as Frasz. English is not my native language but I will do my best.
Sorry if the topic is not in the correct path if so please move the topic to the correct one.

I wanted to make a altcoin from the bitcoin source code and was able to do so with all kinds of information on the internet.
I made a coin named bitmunt I know it sounds corny as it means bitcoin in my native language Dutch.

The coin itself did not show any errors after compiling and after lot of trial/error I was able to create a new blockchain with the source code.

Since it was for fun I didn't change much and left the 21 milion coins as the original Bitcoin.

I used version 17.0.2 of the bitcoin core source code from Github and made all the changes in linux 16.04 and migrated the source code to 18.04.

Today I hooked my virtual machine and created a clone (bridged) and did the basic changes in bitmunt.conf
Since I am using a 17.02 version of bitcoin core I was unable to mine with setgenerate. This seems to have been removed for some reason.

I tried setgenerate 1 but it stopped so I made a script called mine.sh and was able to mine on both instance in the virtual machine.
As of right now I have 2 blocks mined. The difficulty is set to 1.

I have a question: is it normal that it mines the blocks in 30 min instead of the 10 min it should be ? I set it as the original bitcoin not much was changed since it was just to test if I was able to recreate my own crypto Altcoin of the legendary Satoshi Nakamoto.

I am of course not able to post anything on here as a new member with pictures as much as I wished I could.

When I do a ./bitmunt-cli getmininginfo I see the following:
{

"blocks":2,
"currentblockweight": 4000,
"currentblocktx": 0,
"difficulty": 1,
"networkhashps": 567.2190108964646,
"pooledtx": 0,
"chain": "main",
"warnings": ""

}

Also I wonder since I made a script called mining.sh it shows me that it is mining with the following below until it finds a block.

]
[
]
[
]
[
This continious until it finds a block.

CPU is AMD and usage is around 70% and I have 30 gb ram on the laptop.
Is it normal for the coin to find a block every 30 minutes with a difficulty of 1?

Thank you for reading any feedback is appreciated.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: