Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:45:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why am unable to connect?  (Read 266 times)
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
July 16, 2022, 07:48:27 AM

I tried using Electrum with the seed. I did. I used the seed and I tried... Nothing.
Balance 0

Is there not even any tx history?

Can you confirm the information from the bitcoin.com wallet at [your wallet name] > settings(power cog icon) > More Options > Wallet information, about Address Type, Derivation Strategy, and Extended Public Keys match with the imported seed on Electrum? On Electrum, you can see it on the toolbar, Wallet > Information.

If not, what does the info from bitcoin.com wallet shows?
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 5617

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
July 16, 2022, 11:44:20 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2022, 04:41:15 AM by nc50lc

-snipped: image not available-
Are you perhaps using the seed phrase of "My BCH Wallet" and "My BTC Wallet" to restore it to Electrum?
Because the one with balance is the third wallet which does not share the same seed phrase as the default wallets.

You can get its seed phrase from:
  • Click the wallet. (with Red icon)
  • Click the settings icon at the upper-right hand side of the wallet.
  • Click "Backup", read and accept the warnings the its seed phrase will be displayed.

Use "Detect Existing Account" when restoring it to Electrum, it will work on standard derivation paths and other frequently used paths,
the fact that it didn't detected the first time means that the seed phrase you've entered has no funds in the first place.

Note: Bitcoin(dot)com wallet uses BIP44 despite it showing m/0/0 in the address path.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
VWA (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2022, 01:08:45 AM

I was using the seed from the blacked out third account. I never used the two accounts and there was no money in them and never backed them up.
You say that my seed uses BIP44 but that is not an option in Electrum. So I am even further confused.
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 5617

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
July 17, 2022, 03:47:24 AM
Merited by ABCbits (2)

I was using the seed from the blacked out third account. I never used the two accounts and there was no money in them and never backed them up.
You say that my seed uses BIP44 but that is not an option in Electrum. So I am even further confused.
It just means that it's using the standard derivation path for BIP44 which is the first option in Electrum when selecting the script type.
"Detect Existing Accounts" should be able to find it if it had/has transactions in it.

So Electrum didn't find any transactions even though it's that wallet's seed phrase...
Please check the 'Wallet Information' of that Bitcoin Wallet with Red icon, it's in "More Option" just below the 'Backup' button.
Take note of the "Wallet Configuration (m-n)" and "Derivation Strategy".
What version of Electrum are you using?

Also, when you restore it to Electrum, what does it show you after ticking "BIP39 seed" (below the seed phrase)?
Is it "BIP39 (checksum: ok)" or something else?
Because Electrum only unofficially supports BIP39 and it will enable you to create a wallet regardless of the seed phrase's validity.
If it is either "BIP39 (checksum: failed)" or "BIP39 (unknown wordlist)", you may have to double-check the seed phrase's words from the source itself.

If nothing works, just follow vv181's quote about changing the 'Wallet Service URL' in his previous reply and your bitcoin(dot)com wallet should be online again.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
VWA (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2022, 05:04:43 AM

Thank you. I did try once again with the change of Service URL and this time it did work. (The last time if just hung the application.)  I will create a new account on Electrum and then send what I have to that.

Many thanks for your extensive assistance.
 Cheesy

VWA (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2022, 06:05:52 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2022, 07:03:06 AM by VWA
Merited by nc50lc (1)

I finally got almost all of it into Electrum. Thanks!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: