Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:15:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Singapore to unveil plans to becoming a Bitcoin hub  (Read 393 times)
lixer

Activity: 2506
Merit: 586

View Profile
August 10, 2022, 09:05:24 PM

I'm skeptical about these claims of countries becoming "bitcoin hubs" (whatever that really means), because it seems like I've heard this story before and it just sounds to me like they're trying to ride the wave of something very popular but without doing anything lasting or even meaningful.

It's kind of like how every business and a lot of altcoins are jumping on the NFT bandwagon to attract newcomers, which I think is complete garbage--because IMO NFTs are complete garbage.  We'll see where Singapore stands with bitcoin in five years, because that'll show whether they meant what they said, and only time is going to determine that.  Right now it's just a lot of words.
The main reason for that is the fact that we have seen a lot of them claim something like this before and fail, and since we saw them fail before, that ends up causing us to not believe that they would do it now. I do agree that it is not going to be easy, but it could be done. I mean maybe it hasn't been done before, but if you do legal leeway, like not force them too much and very low taxes, or even no taxes at all then it could work.

But, you also need to make sure that you help them out. I do not know how, but convincing them to change the nation they are in and go to Singapore is a very hard ask, so they need to give some incentives as well to make that work as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 11, 2022, 03:35:59 AM

Singapore will not want to be left behind in the bid to becoming a world class Bitcoin hub and I feel it would be a bit difficult because although they are a Bitcoin friendly country, they have been ravaged by the deadly coronavirus and has affected the growth of their economy.

The country has been like an umbrella to companies who have been hiding under regulatory barriers in their state.
The Monetary Authority of Singapore have stated their intentions of making the State worthy of being called a hub for crypto investors and make it safe for trader to function without them being scared of losing their coins.

A move to releasing a new regulatory plan by MAS against crypto firms are set to begin next month and although there have been stricter regulations prior, the country seemed to have recorded a massive 82 deals with a combined worth at $1.48 billion dollars in 2021.

According to TripleA, 82% of the country's 5,230,000 that own BTC hold it, while 39% see it as an investment assets, 25% see it as a store of value and a small 12% see it as money. triple a link

With a highly developed economy, ranked as the most open in the world and amongst the least corrupt. With all this positives going for them, can they attain the status of being a BTC hub and even becoming a BTC like El Salvador? https://bitcoinmagazine.com/markets/singapores-central-bank-to-release-bitcoin-crypto-regulation

What did they mean by "without being scared of losing their coins?". Did they mean that without being scared that their coins will be confiscated or without being scared of literally losing their coins? Either way, both could have been avoided without the government intervening. They are just using this "bitcoin hub" excuse to make cryptocurrencies more centralized in their country. Their "stricter regulations" will only make things more worse for all crypto users.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: