Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:40:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LG to make a TV that can trade and issue NFTs  (Read 145 times)
Ambire (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2022, 04:08:50 PM

LG is planning to jump on the NFT bandwagon by creating a TV that will be able to issue and trade non-fungible tokens.

This comes as no surprise, given the recent craze surrounding NFTs. They're planning to offer TV software for issuing and trading NFTs,
as well as software for NFT and crypto transactions.
Plus, they'll be offering digital token brokerage and wealth management services.

It's good to see that LG is getting on board with the NFT and blockchain craze. However, I can't help but feel that they're a bit late to the party.
After all, there are already a number of established players in the space.

Nevertheless, it will be interesting to see what LG has to offer.
I'm sure that their experience in the T.V. and electronics industry will come in handy.

Check out our newsletter at https://ambire-newsletter.beehiiv.com/
Wiwo

Activity: 1092
Merit: 721

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2022, 04:41:31 PM

Move this thread to the alternative cryptocurrency board, as this board is solely dedicated to Bitcoin discussion. Back to the topic of discussion, the era of smart tv has given room to a lot of development, and is quite exciting to know that LG is taking a lead in this direction, cryptocurrency is becoming a mainstream business and NFT development has encouraged a lot of content inclusion in digital currency so it will be more exciting if LG will start accepting cryptocracy as payment for the purchase of the devices soon.
ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1231

View Profile
July 21, 2022, 07:39:22 PM

No one gonna buy that shit ~XD

It's crazy, to see some companies think all-the things should be in NFTs. Based read the thread, Imagine we already buy the TV and soon we need to buy the Software via NFTs ~LOL. Let's stop this shit.

People are should aware, NFTs more shit rather than a coin/token because the liquidity is really low.
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 713

View Profile
July 21, 2022, 08:40:04 PM

It's crazy, to see some companies think all-the things should be in NFTs. Based read the thread, Imagine we already buy the TV and soon we need to buy the Software via NFTs ~LOL. Let's stop this shit.

People are should aware, NFTs more shit rather than a coin/token because the liquidity is really low.
Personally I think this has a lot more to do with marketing more than anything, they know that the young population is interested in those useless assets and it is not really a problem for them to create a product that caters to the desires of those people.

I know that for people like us that doesn't really make any sense at all but there is quite a significant amount of people that think that if a company creates a product with characteristics that are useless but that somehow align with their interests then they prefer to buy from that company.
livingfree

Activity: 2828
Merit: 578

View Profile
July 21, 2022, 08:54:48 PM

Not that late though since there are still customers in NFTs. However, the hype is little lower this time unlike before.

They're trying to get those customers that would be hype by such news. How's that possible with that TV?

Since there is a USB port, that will be possible through connecting a mouse to it and do those clicks and logins, whatsoever?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1258

View Profile
July 21, 2022, 10:51:29 PM

Not really, some shithead will buy this shit  Grin.

It is to be observed since NFT had been the talk of the town in the past months.  Although its hype died down, the idea of having NFT-related stuff always comes out later after the NFT market hype since it takes time to develop stuff. 

The news made me curious about how much they will be charging per unit if LG successfully implemented a TV with an NFT exchange/creation feature.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Yogee

Activity: 1554
Merit: 412

View Profile
July 21, 2022, 10:57:25 PM

Hehe I swear I'm going to enjoy their presentations or commercials but I'm never going to buy one. Credit to them for the futuristic innovations but I think it's just over the top and will not be consumed by the public except the elite coiners. Not that I think I could afford one but it's madness to own one at this point.
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2022, 01:47:13 PM

I never think I would need to issue or trade NFT using a TV, lol
But then again, mostly people never think they need a new technology until the tech was invented and become mainstream, and then it creates its own market.

For me personally, I will not buy this kind of TV. But a news about a big company jumping on any kind of crypto stuff is always a good news. I wish after this TV LG would consider to dive deeper into the blockchain world.

JeromeTash
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1215

Heisenberg

View Profile
July 27, 2022, 02:33:00 PM

Just another of those old marketing gimmicks, but it barely adds anything to the crypto space. All those companies care about are numbers in profits from sales of their products. They just ride with the hype.

Does anybody remember about HTC's blockchain phone? How far has the project gone so far?

██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1507

View Profile
July 27, 2022, 06:22:29 PM

LG is planning to jump on the NFT bandwagon by creating a TV that will be able to issue and trade non-fungible tokens.

This comes as no surprise, given the recent craze surrounding NFTs. They're planning to offer TV software for issuing and trading NFTs,
as well as software for NFT and crypto transactions.
Plus, they'll be offering digital token brokerage and wealth management services.

It's good to see that LG is getting on board with the NFT and blockchain craze. However, I can't help but feel that they're a bit late to the party.
After all, there are already a number of established players in the space.

Nevertheless, it will be interesting to see what LG has to offer.
I'm sure that their experience in the T.V. and electronics industry will come in handy.

Check out our newsletter at https://ambire-newsletter.beehiiv.com/

Lol! One shit standing up for another shit! LG is a shit TV marker no one gives a damn about anymore. Then NFT is another shit concept joining hands with LG. This one was one of the dominant  brand in the world consumer electronics market but since last couple of years they are constantly loosing their market share due to lack of innovation.

Now this plan of NFT is another hilarious one which wouldn't bring any impact at all. Both are failures and this one is also going to be another big failure.

dansus021
Copper Member

Activity: 2044
Merit: 937

Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2022, 01:01:03 AM

i think what LG is actually planning is to ride the hype I saw back a couple of months ago that Ubisoft are trying put NFT on their platform and the video get deleted because it get many dislikes. but I hope in the future they will implement it.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
TravelMug

Activity: 2674
Merit: 854

View Profile
July 28, 2022, 03:21:05 AM

Lol, it is still a TV though? it's main function, to be able to watch shows, entertainments and others. And now you can used to trade and issue NFT's?

What happen if the whole NfT craze suddenly died down and lost the hype? So those TV are going to be relic? in any case, not sure if this is a good idea for LG though, they are just jumping on the bandwagon and they might be late, in my opinion.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
July 28, 2022, 04:50:56 PM

though it's kinda deemed as gimmicky by most and since it seems LG is targeting the wrong audience since there might be small shares of their TV customers that actually knows NFT it's still a great effort coming from LG
that they acknowledge NFT technology. then again, everyone has their own smartphone, the presence of NFT in TV is kinda irrelevant if most of the time, using smartphone just more convenience.

|
|

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Mosharafhh

Activity: 956
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2022, 05:00:11 PM

Lol LG product also not very qualiful if they gonna launch their token in market i dont think it will hype more in market but here is lota of well known company who can launch token on market but they even not trying to do this because its a complicated method!

───[  DAEFROM  ]───
─────────────[  Stable PoW Platform Based On Ethash Protocol With Its Own Features ]─────────────
───[  DAEFROM.COM  ]──
virasisog

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537

View Profile
July 28, 2022, 05:24:23 PM

Lol LG product also not very qualiful if they gonna launch their token in market i dont think it will hype more in market but here is lota of well known company who can launch token on market but they even not trying to do this because its a complicated method!

I also don't trust the quality of LG that much. There are better brands than it. It's a good thing snce adoptions like this is a good sign thaf crypto is really emerging but I find it risky to trade on that brand. It wouldn't also be much effective since most traders prefer computers, laptops,, and mobile phones for trading. NFTs wouldn't also be a good start since people nowadays have trust issues when it comes to new projects.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2436
Merit: 272

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 28, 2022, 06:01:21 PM

Sorry to say this but I don't feel this is not a great idea, basically they are like creating an app which may comes as an inbuilt one in the software and nothing to feel an exclusive thing here and I don't remember when was the last time I watched my smart TV which is bought and kept on the wall since we are watching everything on the hands itself nobody literally going to pay attention to it in my opinion.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 28, 2022, 06:10:16 PM

Other than your own blog from beehiiv, do you have any other references about LG and their plans on NFTs? Because, all the crypto news portals that I am following have not covered this news yet. I just want to ensure about the credibility of this news and moreover what would be the need of having a TV when they plan up for NFTs? In my understanding NFT must be a one of recent invention by this crypto community to push rest of world to get participating with cryptocurrencies in one or another way.

Still, I could not figure out what would be role of TV on issuing and trading NFT. I usually do not follow the links from this forum; otherwise I might have got answers for my doubts if I would have visited and spent some time on your blog probably.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 713

View Profile
July 28, 2022, 06:10:39 PM

though it's kinda deemed as gimmicky by most and since it seems LG is targeting the wrong audience since there might be small shares of their TV customers that actually knows NFT it's still a great effort coming from LG
that they acknowledge NFT technology. then again, everyone has their own smartphone, the presence of NFT in TV is kinda irrelevant if most of the time, using smartphone just more convenience.
What happens is that since the production of televisions is a technology that is very well known and they cannot really compete against Chinese products in terms of price then they need a way to differentiate themselves from other brands.

And an executive somewhere thought it was a good idea to do something like this, and even if there could be a small sector of the population interested on this I think it is too small to justify such a feature on a television.
zonefloor

Activity: 1876
Merit: 524

View Profile
July 28, 2022, 06:11:21 PM

all of the big brands started to get their hands on the nft event. In general, I look at nike, adidas, lg etc. Many big brands are trying to take out NFT under their own brand and offer them to the market. However, when I look at it in the same way, I see that the tendency towards nft has decreased compared to the past. When I look at brands, I see that they are really big brands around the world. Even if they don't make any money in the short run, I think they can make money in the long run. It is worth investing only if the prices are cheap. Because the interest in nft is decreasing day by day.
Jaered

Activity: 840
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 28, 2022, 06:17:21 PM

The mainstream corporations and celebrities have enjoyed huge successes on the back of NFTs. This is the only crypto niche that has seen continued pump despite the crazy bearish times. Not surprised LG jumped in the queue. But this particular gig wouldn't survive because the regular mainstream user isn't suspicious of crypto and NFTs
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: