Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:16:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Wasabigeddon' article discussion (it supposedly solves fungibility)  (Read 961 times)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

View Profile
August 10, 2022, 11:06:15 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2022, 11:48:49 PM by franky1

bitcoin does not ask you to be naked
bitcoin does not even ask you what is in your pockets or what colour underwear you have on

the problem is not at the bitcoin level.
its at the business/service level..

wake up

by using a mixer. you are literally putting a flashlight on yourself and shouting look at me, im doing something shady.
which obviously is going to trigger a response

so again..
dont do things that are going to get you watched.
if you avoid such things then you can preserve your privacy

EG.
im not on a watchlist. no physical pair of eyes has investigated my exchange account.
yes my transactions data is on a database(congratulations you finally learned what a ledger is)
but no one is physically able to look at the blockchain and find out all the products i purchased or where they got delivered to or what colour underwear i have on right now.. and i dont use a mixer

however if i did use a mixer. i would get flagged by an exchange/chain analysis and i would then have to explain the origins of funds and have to be questioned about other personal details
not due to the taint being from some ransomware/hack. but purely due to being linked to a mixer
where by i then have to prove my pre-mixed funds were not criminally obtained. which becomes a harder job to do if you cant prove funds(x) that went into a mixer is funds(y) coming out of a mixer are related to me and are not some other transaction of similar amount randomly plucked from a block explorer.

do you get it yet. mixers and privacy tools cause exchanges to question you more.. not less

bitcoin does not ask for your wifes bra size or how often you had sex in the last year. so stop pretending that using bitcoin is like going through a airport metal detector naked.. because its not

ok here is a challenge about privacy for o_e_l_e_o
show me where on bitcoins blockchain that any transaction of your reveals that your professionals skills is in the medical sector

now show me a service to which you personally gave out personal info about yourself, to which i read and now know about you

and now go back to the blockchain and again try to find me a transaction that repeats your omission of your private life..where by that omission appears on the blockchain after you announced it..

hmm
cant find anything on the blockchain.. hmm i wonder why(rhetorical)

now here is the next challenge
i know i have revealed i live in the UK
but try and use bitcoins blockchain data to find my home address. what vehicle i use, what where my last X products i bought using bitcoin. what colour underwear i am currently wearing.
try and find out something about me using bitcoin blockchain data.
something unique that is not publicly known from other sources

goodluck
well should i need to wish you luck? i mean i never use a mixer so it must make it really easy for you to learn everything about me, right?

oh then go check this out and see if mixers help you hide or get you noticed more
especially read the last quoted passage
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5409206.msg60729993#msg60729993

have a great day

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tadamichi

Activity: 168
Merit: 417

武士道

View Profile
August 11, 2022, 12:58:52 PM

however if i did use a mixer. i would get flagged by an exchange/chain analysis and i would then have to explain the origins of funds and have to be questioned about other personal details
So by your logic it’s more privacy preserving that all transactions are kyc linked and surveilled by default, than breaking this connection as much as possible trough mixers etc and simply avoiding using government-simping services that never had the courage to do what’s right for Bitcoin.

It seems the right path going forward is less centralized services in the first place, so if most people chose option B the result is looking more promising in the end(it’s enough if they don’t use centralized services already, mixers are optional for whoever sees a benefit for themselves, but let’s not act like using a mixer is a shady act, that’s ridiculous too, it’s ridiculous that 3rd party companies get access to sensitive information and that people are almost powerless against it, stop bashing mixers or other privacy services, start with why your beloved government allows this to happen in the first place). It will be harder to stop Bitcoin if we stop using services of soft ass ceos that want Big Brother to govern them harder, because they’re scared of losing their bag. With option A we already lost in the long run, more P2P and decentralized services would be unstoppable on the other hand. It will probably take a lot of pain tho, before people realise that going into the bed with the government will only lead to bad outcomes and absolute mass surveillance down to the last penny leads to dystopia and dysfunctional economies.

cant find anything on the blockchain.. hmm i wonder why(rhetorical)

now here is the next challenge
i know i have revealed i live in the UK
but try and use bitcoins blockchain data to find my home address. what vehicle i use, what where my last X products i bought using bitcoin. what colour underwear i am currently wearing.
try and find out something about me using bitcoin blockchain data.
something unique that is not publicly known from other sources

goodluck
well should i need to wish you luck? i mean i never use a mixer so it must make it really easy for you to learn everything about me, right?
It’s actually not that hard to make a link between purchasing behaviours and stances on blockchain surveillance. The color of underwear of most authoritarian surveillance loving control freaks is pink mixed with kittens. Maybe chain analysis should hire me so we can do some targeted marketing to government officials, ceos and the bunch of useful idiots that comply while loving it. Sales will go trough the roof.

9BDB B925 329A C034
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2022, 01:08:08 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2022, 01:34:36 PM by franky1

So by your logic it’s more privacy preserving that all transactions are kyc linked and surveilled by default, than breaking this connection as much as possible trough mixers etc and simply avoiding using government-simping services that never had the courage to do what’s right for Bitcoin.

yawn
my coins are not KYC linked nor surveilled by default

BUSINESSES may link my id from one site to another. businesses may keep records of how many sex dolls your chums buy.. but none of that is put on the blockchain

emphasis the blockchain does not store data about how many sex dolls doomad/blackhat/oeloe/or yourself buy
again emphasis the problem is not the blockchain. its the middle man services that are the points of failure

also you just got caught out exaggerating things with the "surveilled by default" nonsense
maybe if you can back it up by some regulation/business policy.. then you might have a point.
yet the funny part is that regulations actually show that its users of coin mixers that get red flagged and surveilled by default, not the normal people just doing normal peer to peer transactions

heck there are some mixers that dont care to such an extent they want peoples coins red flagged as being mixed.. they use the vanity address "1chip" to actually super highlight that people have used a mixer

anyways. i set the challenge to o_e_l_e_o .. but ill now ask you.
find me on the blockchain, find what my birth registered name is and my location

my birth certificate is in a government registry, my bank knows it. and some exchanges know it, my name is on drivers licence which another government registry has. same with passport.
the tax office and so many places know my real life name.

but they dont know where my hoards of coins are nor do those who know where my hoards are know my life info.
so if you want to pretend you can prove it wrong. come on tell me my life story via the blockchain

show me a transaction that reveals my info.
find anything about me via a bitcoin transaction. anything

oh and your buddies are trying hard to kiss ass the owners of chainanalysis. so how about ask your buddies you pal around with on this forum for a character reference. but first. you might want to prove that you can find real life info about the most irritating person your chums hate so much, just to prove you have the skills required for the job you want

so the challenge is set.
please give it a try and if you succeed you probably could add it to your resume that you were able to dox me as a credible provable skill they would want to pay you for.
so go at it

prove that blockchain is broke and reveals private info..

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
August 11, 2022, 01:18:28 PM

franky1 of course totally missing the point here, as usual. The ability of a random person to track you down or trace your transactions with no starting point and only using a public blockchain explorer is in no way equivalent to a massive blockchain analysis company which is collecting data from most centralized exchanges, including your real name, all your deposit addresses, all your withdrawal addresses, and your IP addresses, and cross linking that against huge amounts of data bought from data brokers and their own private blockchain analysis software. Saying "Well, you can't find me therefore I'm anonymous" is utterly juvenile; it is akin to inviting you to hack my computer, and if you fail then declaring my system impenetrable.
tadamichi

Activity: 168
Merit: 417

武士道

View Profile
August 11, 2022, 01:28:34 PM

yawn
my coins are not KYC linked nor surveilled by default
yep you just got caught out exaggerating things with the "surveilled by default" nonsense
maybe if you can back it up by some regulation/policy.. then you might have a point.
The problem is that more and more coins get solely acquired trough kyc, what is preventing them from doing it? They benefit from it and i think we don’t need anymore proof if mass surveillance is happening or not, it has become clear over the last years. We should think of what we can do against it, before things are getting really bad. And it would be hard to get this information out of closed circles, we’re always lagging behind in getting to know about surveillance measures.

yet the funny part is that regulations actually show that its users of coin mixers that get red flagged and surveilled by default, not the normal people just doing normal peer to peer transactions
Expected, but doesn’t change anything.

but they dont know where my hoards of coins are nor do those who know where my hoards are know my life info.
so if you want to pretend you can prove it wrong. come on tell my my life story via the blockchain
If all of your hoard would’ve been acquired trough kyc, all of a sudden there would be a lot more potential attack vectors on you. If everyone goes completely trough kyc for all of their hoard in the future, we might have a problem.

oh and your buddies are trying hard to kiss ass the owners of chainanalysis. so how about ask your buddies you pal around with on this forum for a reference. but first. you might want to prove that you can find real life info about the most irritating person your chums hate so much, just to prove you have the skills required for the job you want

I don’t hate you franky and i still don’t have anything against you personally. Our opinions just differ on this.

so the challenge is set.
please give it a try and if you succeed you probably could add it to your resume that you were able to dox me as a credible provable skill they would want to pay you for.
so go at it
I wouldn’t dox you even if i had the ability to. Because i respect your privacy and revealing yourself should be your decision only.

prove that blockchain is broke and reveals private info..
It’s not broke, but the practice of linking more and more sensitive data to it and making it mandatory for more and more people, is risky.

9BDB B925 329A C034
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2022, 02:08:23 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2022, 03:06:38 PM by franky1

franky1 of course totally missing the point here, as usual. The ability of a random person to track you down or trace your transactions with no starting point and only using a public blockchain explorer is in no way equivalent to a massive blockchain analysis company which is collecting data from most centralized exchanges, including your real name, all your deposit addresses, all your withdrawal addresses, and your IP addresses, and cross linking that against huge amounts of data bought from data brokers and their own private blockchain analysis software. Saying "Well, you can't find me therefore I'm anonymous" is utterly juvenile; it is akin to inviting you to hack my computer, and if you fail then declaring my system impenetrable.

point is exactly that

YOU were blaming anti-privacy based on the blockchain. where now you have omitted the problem is in services.
(one step forward. congratulations)

the funniest part now you have omitted it, you might now realise that asking everyone to stop using the blockchain
to just move funds, but instead lock funds up to middlemen services that control who gets what. and altnets involving partners and custodians will some how in your mind resolve the pretend bitcoin fault you wish to imply

sorry but no.
just read this very topic.
wasabi is generating blacklists.. the very thing you think mixers prevent.
they are literally telling you to your face that mixers are not what you think they are.
your response is then get angry that mixers have let you down. but then trying to sales pitch mixers to everyone else to use as their 'must use' thing to avoid normal blockchain usage

do get it yet(your hypocrisy)

using middle men services and forcing others to lock funds up to services and altnets pretending your offerings/advertised services hides people.. doesnt. ....it actually red flags those users.

try to read, try to learn, try to understand

We should think of what we can do against it, before things are getting really bad. And it would be hard to get this information out of closed circles, we’re always lagging behind in getting to know about surveillance measures.

It’s not broke, but the practice of linking more and more sensitive data to it and making it mandatory for more and more people, is risky.

again it seems the lagging is in part by certain people not wanting to do the research or actually think for themselves what actions people themselves are advertising that actually causes people to be highlighted and surveilled

so because your crowd want to not do the research and instead want to promote middlemen services

let me show you one more time..
and this time actually read and understand and take the time to understand.. and not just hit the reply button trying to defend a service you pals want to advertise for personal greed, malicious intent

maybe i should make it more colourful to grab your intention

https://www.fatf-gafi.org/media/fatf/documents/recommendations/Updated-Guidance-VA-VASP.pdf
VA = Virtual Asset - VASP = Virtual Asset Service Provider - AEC = Anonymity-Enhanced Cryptocurrency
In particular, the virtual asset ecosystem has seen the rise of anonymity-enhanced
cryptocurrencies (AECs), mixers and tumblers,
decentralized platforms and
exchanges, privacy wallets,2 and other types of products and services that enable or
allow for reduced transparency and increased obfuscation of financial flows, as well
as the emergence of other virtual asset business models or activities such as initial
coin offerings (ICOs) that present ML/TF, fraud and market manipulation risks.
Further, new illicit financing typologies continue to emerge, including the
increasing use of virtual-to-virtual layering schemes that attempt to further
obfuscate transactions in a comparatively easy, cheap, and secure manner
shhh dont tell certain people but LN is listed in the quote above, along with mixers and things like monero and liquid

AML/CFT regulations will apply to covered VA activities and VASPs, regardless of
the type of VA involved in the financial activity (e.g., a VASP that uses or offers AECs
to another person for various financial transactions), the underlying technology
(e.g., whether it uses mainnet or the use of embedded layering or other scaling
solutions),
or the additional services that the platform potentially incorporates
(such as a mixer or tumbler or other potential features for obfuscation)

shh dont tell certain people but altnets like LN, liquid are also deemed as suspicious, but shh dont tell then or the will cry and get angry

In the context of VA and VASP activities, countries should ensure that VASPs
licensed by or operating in their jurisdiction can manage and mitigate the risks of
engaging in activities that involve the use of anonymity-enhancing technologies or
mechanisms, including but not limited to
AECs, mixers, tumblers, privacy wallets
and other technologies that obfuscate the identity of the sender, recipient, holder,
or beneficial owner of a VA. If the VASP cannot manage and mitigate the risks posed
by engaging in such activities, then the VASP should not be permitted to engage in
such activities.
[/b]

Further information on red-flag indicators for VAs that could suggest criminal
behaviour are set out in the FATF’s Virtual Asset Red Flag Indicators of Money
Laundering and Terrorist Financing. These indicators help VASPs and other obliged
entities to detect and report suspicious transactions
involving VAs. Key indicators
include:
a. Technological features that increase anonymity - such as mixers, tumblers or
AECs

yep mixers will earn people a red flag that puts them not in the normal user data base that doesnt get looked at for 5 years before getting deleted.. but instead gets users put into a suspicious activity watch list

GET IT YET

lets put it another way
imagine there was a known law for years that anyone depositing funds into a casino would be on a watchlist by default, no matter the purpose or source of funds. just using a casino gets you surveilled

and now your group come along and try to scare people that every cent people spend is being watched, so they need to use casino's to hide.
sorry but no.. not everyone was being watched.. but those using casino's are. and you are trying to get everyone watched by telling them to use a casino

do you know why oeleo and yourself cant find my stash or my real life info
yep i dont use silly middle men services to the extent that you lot advertise.

as for why i am against the silly groups tactics of advertising silly things. is because their underlying motives is to declare bitcoin as dead, try to tell people not to use bitcoin. and instead put people at risk of being watched or have their funds controlled by others, for their own malicious greedy motives.
because they dont care about other people. they only care about getting profit at any cost as long as that cost is passed to others and they can get away with it

take their silly agenda of saying bitcoin cant scale for daily use by the unbanked. yet they then WANT bitcoin to be spammed up with useless mixers tx's and data that cant account for its good money limited supply accounting mechanism. thus making bitcoin useless as good money so they can declare their crappy flawed altnet is deemed (by them) bitcoin 2.0 that everyone should use.

back to the point though
ignore the silly mindset of a few idiots.. and realise once and for all
using a mixer WILL GET YOUR RED FLAGGED and surveilled

o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
August 11, 2022, 04:42:56 PM
Merited by PowerGlove (1)

My last response to franky1's nonsense and then hopefully we can stop derailing this thread.

YOU were blaming anti-privacy based on the blockchain. where now you have omitted the problem is in services.
(one step forward. congratulations)
It is both. Centralized exchanges and now Wasabi treat bitcoin as non-fungible, but the ability to do so is based on an open ledger which is not private (like Monero's is, for example).

your response is then get angry that mixers have let you down. but then trying to sales pitch mixers to everyone else to use as their 'must use' thing to avoid normal blockchain usage
Mixers have never once let me down. My coins are impossible to trace through the blockchain, and I've never once been subjected to taint analysis or had coins frozen because I do not use centralized exchanges. Blaming mixers for exchanges implementing taint is like blaming Tor for Google spying on you. The correct response is not to stop using Tor and make Google's data collection as easy and thorough as possible - it is to stop using the products and services of Google, a company which is intent on invading your privacy and selling your data. And the correct response is not to stop mixing or coinjoining or otherwise obfuscating your funds and allowing centralized exchanges to track every single payment or transaction you make - it is to stop using centralized exchanges which are intent on invading your privacy and selling your data.

GET IT YET
All I get is that you behave like a government agent, advising people to open up themselves as much as possible, take no steps to protect their privacy or even actively surrender it, and allow the government to monitor absolutely everything that they do in order for the government to leave them alone. This is just the "Nothing to hide, nothing to fear" argument, which has been debunked so thoroughly so many times that anyone who still repeats it is either stupid or malicious.

I'm choosing to ignore the rest of the post since it is just the usual completely off topic junk about big blocks and Lightning which franky1 shoehorns in to every post he makes.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2022, 05:06:02 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2022, 05:56:53 PM by franky1

congratulations

another step forward.
you finally getting it.. (though you then try to not openly just say you actually know by then twisting things into a point finger in  different direction after omitting it)
the answer is: stop using services.. especially ones that are in print of regulations know to cause red flags

funny part is you and your group idolise the DCG who pay blockstream and LN devs... and who own bitpay, kraken, coinbase, circle, gyft and chainanalysis

i have been saying the solution is not to use more middle men services(which you are advertising)
so stop trying to twist things around

i have shown you that mixers do cause red flags and all coins that went through a mixer is on a chainanalysis watch list which is sold to exchanges.

again.. your groups pretence is o imply that the blockchain openly tells the world how many sex dolls you bought if they/you didnt use a mixer..
if that was reality.. show me ANY bitcoin transaction that shows what product someone bought.
show me the raw blockchain data that proves your point.

again. can you agree that its not a flaw of bitcoin. but a issue of SERVICES that are a privacy concern.
you know the services you idolise and advertise so much.

get with reality.
telling people to use mixers is telling people to get red flagged and noticed and surveilled more than people that dont

https://www.fatf-gafi.org/media/fatf/documents/recommendations/Updated-Guidance-VA-VASP.pdf
VA = Virtual Asset - VASP = Virtual Asset Service Provider - AEC = Anonymity-Enhanced Cryptocurrency
Further information on red-flag indicators for VAs that could suggest criminal
behaviour are set out in the FATF’s Virtual Asset Red Flag Indicators of Money
Laundering and Terrorist Financing. These indicators help VASPs and other obliged
entities to detect and report suspicious transactions
involving VAs. Key indicators
include:
a. Technological features that increase anonymity - such as mixers, tumblers or
AECs

try to read and do research instead on what the hopes and dreams and scripts your buddies tell you where you aimlessly then believe the utopian hope because you hear the same echos from the other buddies reciting the same crap

look outside your groups utopian scripts and learn what actually is a surveillance red flag.. and then when you learn the ACTUAL red flags you then know what actually to avoid

and yes.. the blue writing in previous posts quotes are a hint to the other project you advocate for being another red flag trigger..
LEARN and then understand

i am not acting like a government agent, i am just not afraid to do research to know what reality is and what actually happens in the real world.
i dont reply on the fantasies friends tell me to make me feel good with lies. i actually do the research.. so go try it and stop trying to find your social groups confirmation bias. and then stop trying to push your silly adverts on others knowing full well it will red flag them

oh..
and as for your use of de-fi /dex
much like the old local bitcoins. they to are running into regulations
oh and when you do crypto to fiat. what you find is that instead of an exchange having automated scripts(no human eyes watching your account). de-fi users manually type in their bank account associated birth name and their bank account number, and the person on the other end does the same thing to send you the fiat.
(many human eyes)

so each time you use de-fi you are adding one extra person that knows your name and local bank branch
so again your not being that private by letting loads of people know your name and bank account details.

oh and another lesson
even with your bank. when you receive random deposits from lots of different people(de-fi). your bank red flags that too.. far more so then regularly doing deposits and withdrawals from one exchange
so even de-fi doesnt actually help privacy.

but hey, your not thinking deeply about actual privacy. you just want to advertise certain services.

i guarantee you if someone was to read your post history. they would see YOU have advertised the most amount of services that are red flag triggers..

the more services and the more middle men you use.. the more noticeable you become

think about that

here is the difference between me and you

you:
"by using an exchange the government watches your every move"

^ WRONG
reality. by actually doing research is this

when using an exchange. your data just sits on the EXCHANGES computer where no human eyes bother to look at it. as it raises no alarm bells and because they have millions of customers they just dont have the time to care.

however by using a mixer then an exchange. you WILL get highlighted as worthy of looking at. by which then and only then would your details most likely end up in a SAR

so learn how things really work in reality.. then you can learn how to work around such things to stay under the radar

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: