Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:08:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LUNC -where did the coins go ? why private key isn't enough ?  (Read 42 times)
rupxisshit (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2022, 08:06:35 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2022, 09:11:29 AM by rupxisshit

Hi all,
I did a test yesterday - I sent coins to a paper wallet I created using terra station, the transaction was sent successfully, but no money in the wallet when I restored the wallet it still shows 0 coins (I did manage to restore the wallet but no coins).
Withdrawal Address : terra1ss33z7cje3pz72qz30u7ssvflmht3m9myf5qar

Did I needed to put a memo ? I am not sending it to an exchange so I though I don't need to and I didn't know what MEMO to put.
what are the reasons a transaction can be sent successfully but not received ? the address is and was correct (didn't sent it to the wrong place..)

second question : why when restoring the wallet do I need the password ? It's so stupid that private key alone isn't enough..
Thanks
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
July 31, 2022, 10:10:28 AM

I did a test yesterday - I sent coins to a paper wallet I created using terra station, the transaction was sent successfully, but no money in the wallet when I restored the wallet it still shows 0 coins (I did manage to restore the wallet but no coins).
Withdrawal Address : terra1ss33z7cje3pz72qz30u7ssvflmht3m9myf5qar

Your transaction is reflected on the Terra Classic or columbus-5 network[1][2], not on the newest Terra chain or phoenix-1.

[1] https://terra.stake.id/?#/address/terra1ss33z7cje3pz72qz30u7ssvflmht3m9myf5qar
[2] https://finder.terra.money/classic/address/terra1ss33z7cje3pz72qz30u7ssvflmht3m9myf5qar

Did I needed to put a memo ? I am not sending it to an exchange so I though I don't need to and I didn't know what MEMO to put.

No, you didn't have to put a memo since you are sending it to the address you control.

what are the reasons a transaction can be sent successfully but not received ? the address is and was correct (didn't sent it to the wrong place..)
The address is indeed correct, but you sent it on the Terra Classic network.

I haven't kept up again with Terra since its fiasco. AFAIK, they was conducting some airdrop not long ago, and i don't know if you need to do some migration or not. But I found a useful reference about it, take a look at Terra migration guides, there might be some information that you need.
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1807

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
July 31, 2022, 11:20:51 PM

It's probably because your Terra station wallet is set to mainnet by default. Try changing to the Classic network by clicking on the settings button and see if the coins appear in your wallet.

Did I needed to put a memo ?
No

second question : why when restoring the wallet do I need the password ? It's so stupid that private key alone isn't enough..
Thanks
The password helps encrypt your wallet if someone accesses your device and tried to access your wallet. Private key won't help with that kind of security.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██